Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Didn’t Call The Pass
Around The Horn just said that Ben didn’t want to throw the ball on that last play but the call came in from the sideline, so he did.

A few of the panelists are blaming Ben for not throwing it away and throwing it into triple coverage, which I agree with, but is Ben’s frustration with the call, combined all the retirement talk and more eyes being on him in bars, making it harder to rape college girls, indicate that Ben’s going to retire or at least make it more likely?
Reply/Quote
No problem with the call, but the pass has to be a no brainer. One of those goal line passes where somehow nobody is within 20 yds of the TE. Or a fade that is a TD or incomplete.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s a major upset that he didn’t have an injury pop up after the game.
Reply/Quote
Apparently, Ben was going to 'clock' the ball (spike) but got word in his helmet not to. By then everyone was on the line, no time outs. He managed to hand signal the receiver, who was the only other player to know. The two other receivers on the other side just stood on the line and didn't move, thinking it was a clock play.
Stupid way to lose a game...especially, though I was not watching intently, most of the time I looked up at the TV, Rothlesberger and the steelers seemed to be outplaying the Brady and the patriots.
Reply/Quote
Typical crying and finger pointing from that fat piece of shit. Nothing new here.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Typical crying and finger pointing from that fat piece of shit. Nothing new here.....

Yep, but he's won two Super Bowls, so the Steelers, which USED to be an organization of respect and integrity that wouldn't allow a player to throw the coaches under the bus like that, will overlook it.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Around The Horn just said that Ben didn’t want to throw the ball on that last play but the call came in from the sideline, so he did.

A few of the panelists are blaming Ben for not throwing it away and throwing it into triple coverage, which I agree with, but is Ben’s frustration with the call, combined all the retirement talk and more eyes being on him in bars, making it harder to rape college girls, indicate that Ben’s going to retire or at least make it more likely?

Bradnuts the Meat Holster, do you think because of that play he will be benched like Marvin benched Carrot Top? Converse with your daddy Lovenuts if you have to. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep, but he's won two Super Bowls, so the Steelers, which USED to be an organization of respect and integrity that wouldn't allow a player to throw the coaches under the bus like that, will overlook it.

.Never have been about that. Steroids and concussions in the 70s....cried about the Raiders....cried about Jerry Glanville....now they cry about Burfict. 

If they cared....Mike Webster wouldn't have died in a van down by the river. 

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Around The Horn just said that Ben didn’t want to throw the ball on that last play but the call came in from the sideline, so he did.

No.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: No.  

Solid and logical reasoning from another valued Steelers poster.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Solid and logical reasoning from another valued Steelers poster.

Naw its not that. Steeler fans just don't have time to deal with us petty delusional Bengals fans. His time is much too crucial to waste on a post with so much validity, that he answers with "No." to seem dark and mysterious in hopes that we buy in and think he is right and we are just plain crazy. Ninja 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s a major upset that he didn’t have an injury pop up after the game.

On one walk to the sideline, he limped, started clenching and unclenching his left hand, then started doing the same with his right.  Hell the fact that he was on the field to throw that INT is one of the most heroic things I've ever seen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 09:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: .Never have been about that. Steroids and concussions in the 70s....cried about the Raiders....cried about Jerry Glanville....now they cry about Burfict. 

Alert! Fake News! It wasn't a van, it was a pick up truck.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 07:22 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Alert! Fake News! It wasn't a van, it was a pick up truck.

LMAO My apologies.  Off smack.....that was a very sad deal.  I was really taken aback by his story....very sad for him and his family.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 11:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO My apologies.  Off smack.....that was a very sad deal.  I was really taken aback by his story....very sad for him and his family.

NP. It is sad. You wonder how many more players will go through this. What a violent "sport".
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 09:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: .Never have been about that. Steroids and concussions in the 70s....cried about the Raiders....cried about Jerry Glanville....now they cry about Burfict. 

In all fairness, some of his teammates said they wanted to help him get an apartment, but he refused. If someone doesn't want your help, there's not a lot you can do.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Solid and logical reasoning from another valued Steelers poster.

(12-19-2017, 05:22 PM)Takedown Wrote: Naw its not that. Steeler fans just don't have time to deal with us petty delusional Bengals fans. His time is much too crucial to waste on a post with so much validity, that he answers with "No." to seem dark and mysterious in hopes that we buy in and think he is right and we are just plain crazy. Ninja 

Let’s revisit this in the spring and see if Ben has actually retired, okay? ThumbsUp

Remember what happened the last time we revisited something, Brad?  It was right before the first Bengal Steeler game this season, and you were convinced that the Steelers were about to collapse under the weight of several ‘scandals’.  

(10-16-2017, 01:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I LOVE IT!

The rapist wants to retire, Bell is going to leave after this season, Mike Mitchell will be suspended and probably out of the league soon, and now Bryant wants out!

The Steelers are an absolute mess!

We're going to go into Pittsburgh next week and hand them their asses!

How’d that one work out for you?   LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 05:32 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: NP. It is sad. You wonder how many more players will go through this. What a violent "sport".

I know.....hell, I sometimes wonder about myself, and I only played through high school.

(12-22-2017, 01:14 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: In all fairness, some of his teammates said they wanted to help him get an apartment, but he refused. If someone doesn't want your help, there's not a lot you can do.

Oh, I know they did.....I was just tryin' to clown on the organization. :andy:

Reply/Quote
[Image: Belichick-cheating-e1441970493243.jpg] :P
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ... is Ben’s frustration with the call, combined all the retirement talk and more eyes being on him in bars, making it harder to rape college girls, indicate that Ben’s going to retire or at least make it more likely?

Boy, yesterday Ben sure looked like a guy about ready to hang it up, didn't he, Brad?   Smirk

(Are you beginning to see why I didn't need to add much to my 'No' above?)
Reply/Quote