Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Jones
Got cut by the Titans.

Pro Bowler last year (not that it means much anymore), 72.6 PFF grade with 5 penalties and 1 sack last year, 77.8 PFF grade with 5 penalties and 1 sack in 2021.

He's decently old, but give him 2 years and move Karras back over to LG and you've upgraded 2 OL spots at once. His last contract was 2yr/$14m.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not against it, just doubt we move Karras and we need a RT the most. Also think the coaches like Volson at LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not against it, just doubt we move Karras and we need a RT the most. Also think the coaches like Volson at LG.

[Image: whynotboth.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are happy with the current OL as the starters then I'm all for using free agency to add some depth when injuries happen or to possibly compete for a starting spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We could have had Ben Jones last year and didnt sign him. Same is true with Connor Williams. We passed on both of them when we could have added either one and had a much better O-line. Both were affordable yet we passed and had a mediocre line. Connor Williams should have been the obvious addition. He is young and yet still posting good PFF grades. We missed the boat on that one. The Bengals Oline still needs more work, not only with starters but depth. This team will not win a Super Bowl until they get better talent on the O-line.
Reply/Quote
I mean if the money is right I’m down

Karras can always move to LG
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 07:43 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean if the money is right I’m down

Karras can always move to LG

Karras played better at LG with the Patriots but the Bengals coaching staff moved him back to center where no surprise, he did worse this year.  For whatever reason this coaching staff loves to keep moving the O-line guys around.  They will probably do the same thing this year with Carman being sent to RT, then they will turn around and wonder why he didnt play as well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 07:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Karras played better at LG with the Patriots but the Bengals coaching staff moved him back to center where no surprise, he did worse this year.  For whatever reason this coaching staff loves to keep moving the O-line guys around.  They will probably do the same thing this year with Carman being sent to RT, then they will turn around and wonder why he didnt play as well. 

Nah.

They’ll move Carman to Center.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 04:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: whynotboth.jpg]

True, why not...
Reply/Quote