Poll: How Many More Years Does The Rapist Play?
None, retires this offseason
One more year
Two more years
Three more years
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Roethlisberger Tells Teammates He Wants To Play Three More Years
Big Ben is reportedly telling teammates that he wants to play another three years, per recent reports:

Quote:Ben Roethlisberger plans to play beyond 2018.

After announcing his intention to return for his 15th season, the Steelers quarterback told teammates he wants to play at least three more years, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Following Sunday's disappointing 45-42 loss to the Jaguars, Roethlisberger hushed retirement talks that had been swirling since Week 5 when Jacksonville picked him off five times in a 30-9 home loss and made him feel like he didn't "have it anymore."

"I don't know who's coming back, but I know the guys up front are and that makes it good for me," Roethlisberger told reporters Sunday. "So I look forward to next year with these guys.

Personally, I don't think he'll retire this offseason, but I also don't think he can play three more years because that would make him 39 when he retires, and dude has taken a beating over the years, both from defensive players when he extends plays and chicks in bars trying to fight him when he tries to extend his man parts into them.

The timing does seem a little weird, because why would he come out this soon after the game saying it? I don't think too many people were thinking that far ahead yet. Is he just trying to get an early jump on things so Le'Veon signs long-term and so that other players come back and free agents consider coming to Pittsburgh? I don't know how they'd franchise Bell or sign him long-term, much-less bring in any free agents, because they only have $2.7 million in salary cap space according to this site, and then this one predicts that they'll have $1.7 million, which, either way, isn't a lot to have to spend on free agents (not sure if that considers paying draft picks, and that alone would put them over the cap.

What does everyone think? Does he play three more years? One more? Two more?
Reply/Quote
How many more years will the rapist play?

A: None, he's been dead since 2009 when he fell out of the back of a pick up truck. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 08:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Big Ben is reportedly telling teammates that he wants to play another three years, per recent reports:

Personally, I don't think he'll retire this offseason, but I also don't think he can play three more years because that would make him 39 when he retires, and dude has taken a beating over the years, both from defensive players when he extends plays and chicks in bars trying to fight him when he tries to extend his man parts into them.

The timing does seem a little weird, because why would he come out this soon after the game saying it?  I don't think too many people were thinking that far ahead yet.  Is he just trying to get an early jump on things so Le'Veon signs long-term and so that other players come back and free agents consider coming to Pittsburgh?  I don't know how they'd franchise Bell or sign him long-term, much-less bring in any free agents, because they only have $2.7 million in salary cap space according to this site, and then this one predicts that they'll have $1.7 million, which, either way, isn't a lot to have to spend on free agents (not sure if that considers paying draft picks, and that alone would put them over the cap.

What does everyone think?  Does he play three more years?  One more?  Two more?

I actually laughed.

For the first time on these boards, I laughed WITH Brad instead of at him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 08:59 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: How many more years will the rapist play?

A: None, he's been dead since 2009 when he fell out of the back of a pick up truck. 

When did Chris Henry rape anyone?  Or do you just find it funny to piss on a dead man's grave with false accusations?
Reply/Quote
[Image: Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif]
Reply/Quote
He will be there at least however long his contract runs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 08:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Big Ben is reportedly telling teammates that he wants to play another three years, per recent reports:

The timing does seem a little weird, because why would he come out this soon after the game saying it?  I don't think too many people were thinking that far ahead yet.  Is he just trying to get an early jump on things so Le'Veon signs long-term and so that other players come back and free agents consider coming to Pittsburgh?  I don't know how they'd franchise Bell or sign him long-term, much-less bring in any free agents, because they only have $2.7 million in salary cap space according to this site, and then this one predicts that they'll have $1.7 million, which, either way, isn't a lot to have to spend on free agents (not sure if that considers paying draft picks, and that alone would put them over the cap.

What does everyone think?  Does he play three more years?  One more?  Two more?

For me, it's not worth speculating.  If you have fun doing so then have at it.  But I'm content to let it play out however it plays out without investing too much time thinking about it.  
Reply/Quote