Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ben Roethlisberger: Torn Mensiscus
Surgery tomorrow; recovery timeline unknown. See https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/787851544075132928
Reply/Quote
Torn meniscus....?? I'd have sworn it was a torn vulva.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No matter what you feel right now, Cincy is only two games back form Pitt and one game back from Baltimore with 2 head to heads vs the Ravens. This is a crappy start, but the Steelers were 4-4 to start the year last year. We walked into the playoffs with no QB, shoe may be on the other foot this year. The Bengals still need to have a killer instinct, or the door being cracked open is meaningless.
Reply/Quote
Cry Cry Cry

Ninja

Reply/Quote
Don't feel sorry for them after Palmer's knee. This news just gave me some hope back for the season.because I'm pretty sure we will win the next two.
Reply/Quote
Never ever root for injuries.

But not shedding any tears over pittsburgh's loss either.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He will miss one maybe two games at the most.
Reply/Quote
It's strange that such a benign play caused such damage. Ben's getting old and all, but he's also part Lennie.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure they'll find some way to blame Burfict for this....
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:05 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He will miss one maybe two games at the most.

Just speculation but I saw an article saying the recovery time from the surgery is 6 weeks and often takes even longer
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:20 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Just speculation but I saw an article saying the recovery time from the surgery is 6 weeks and often takes even longer

That sounds about right. One of my coworkers missed nearly two months of work after meniscus surgery. Of course he's in his 40's and his injury may have been worse than Ben's... I guess we'll see
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Never ever root for injuries.

I never do, except in the case of Rapistburger. I hope he gets hurt on every play, and as he goes down in pain I hope he sees the girls he abused faces..... Karma. On a side note, Terrell Suggs tore his bicep again as well.....
Reply/Quote
Billings tore his meniscus and is missing the whole season, so you can't just say Ben is missing two games.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He will be back the next game, complain that it's broken but "that's life", throw 6TDs, jump up and down after each one of them, and limp otherwise.

A. Brown will do dual celebrations with him where they karate kick each other (various scenes re-enacted from karate kid). When returning to sideline BR will utilize crutches until next possession.

He may also randomly place bandaid on area where it hurts so audience and camera knows.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:20 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Just speculation but I saw an article saying the recovery time from the surgery is 6 weeks and often takes even longer

Depends upon which procedure they do.  Simple meniscectemy is a 4-6 week recovery, a full surgery to repair is a recovery of 12-24 weeks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:34 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He will be back the next game, complain that it's broken but "that's life", throw 6TDs, jump up and down after each one of them, and limp otherwise.

A. Brown will do dual celebrations with him where they karate kick each other (various scenes re-enacted from karate kid). When returning to sideline BR will utilize crutches until next possession.

He may also randomly place bandaid on area where it hurts so audience and camera knows.

This  ^^^^^ 

rep
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Never root for anyone to get hurt but.....

**** Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:34 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He will be back the next game, complain that it's broken but "that's life", throw 6TDs, jump up and down after each one of them, and limp otherwise.

I know he's the biggest crybaby in the world and yet as these major injuries that keep him out 1 game, meanwhile still waiting on Eifert's return from an ankle injury and now back injury.

Latest news, Ben has gang green and needs leg and arm amputation, will miss first quarter of next game. 

Another update, Big Ben throw for 6 tds and 500 yards with bloody nub in 3 quarters.
Reply/Quote

LMAO spot on sir, spot on
Reply/Quote

I'm sure when he returns NFL network will devote a 7-hour special to how tough and gritty he is, and how he represents the blue-collar working class of Pitt so well.  
Reply/Quote