Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ben fumbling on purpose?
I'm putting this in Smack, although was it more a case of WTF when I watched it...even though it shouldn't be at all surprising when it comes to Ben. The fact that Clark couldn't really deny that Ben would do something like that is pretty telling as well.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm putting this in Smack, although was it more a case of WTF when I watched it...even though it shouldn't be at all surprising when it comes to Ben. The fact that Clark couldn't really deny that Ben would do something like that is pretty telling as well.

I keep telling people, Pig Pen is a lot of the reason people want out of Pitt.  Stuff like this, tossing teammates under the bus relentlessly, being a drama queen, running coaches out of town, and management's love affair with him probably isn't conducive to a happy locker room.  Wouldn't be if was playing with him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm putting this in Smack, although was it more a case of WTF when I watched it...even though it shouldn't be at all surprising when it comes to Ben. The fact that Clark couldn't really deny that Ben would do something like that is pretty telling as well.

Well, if you put it in the wrong forum, a Mod will come along and move it for you. Oh, wait...

Lotta Ben slamming going on these days.  And absolutely no one from anywhere weighing in on Ben's side.  No one.  The GM did very briefly and got the hell out quickly. 

No one likes you, Ben!  Retire immediately!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:42 PM)McC Wrote: Well, if you put it in the wrong forum, a Mod will come along and move it for you.  Oh, wait...

Hilarious

Seriously, I would of loved to put this in JN Mellow , but it belongs here.

As far as the topic, I think this story / video just goes to prove what we've always known about Ben -- he really is that big of a self-indulged, finger pointing, petty ass drama queen!  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hilarious

As far as the topic, I think this story / video just goes to prove what we've always known about Ben -- he really is that big of a self-indulged, finger pointing, petty ass drama queen!  Smirk
Thing is, there probably won't be a lot of disagreement from Squealer fans.  Though they are glad he is their QB, they never really do a lot of defending of Ben, the guy.  Even Squealer fans know what a tool he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Big Jen has to carry around a stick of butter for his ears so he can get his head thru the door.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 02:50 PM)McC Wrote: Thing is, there probably won't be a lot of disagreement from Squealer fans.  Though they are glad he is their QB, they never really do a lot of defending of Ben, the guy.  Even Squealer fans know what a tool he is.

Meh you really can't say for sure watching the video, so it's pointless to speculate. There's never been any doubt that Ben is/was a colossal douche from day 1. 

I personally have 2 second hand stories of him being a dickwad and Im just some schmuck from Pittsburgh.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hilarious

Otherwise known as a ***** in most circles.....

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 03:18 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Meh you really can't say for sure watching the video, so it's pointless to speculate. There's never been any doubt that Ben is/was a colossal douche from day 1. 

I personally have 2 second hand stories of him being a dickwad and Im just some schmuck from Pittsburgh.  

Shannon Sharpe mentioned something that was very interesting in his take.....the FB doesn't appear that he was expecting the ball, and the RB did.  Then, Pig Pen flops like "he's in a bad western".  

Wonder how folks would have felt if the Bengals scoop and score, then get the ball back on an onsides with a TO left to burn. Hmm 

Reply/Quote
I could not remember Josh Harris so I looked him up. 9 carries for 16 yds. CAREER. Why was Haley calling a run anyway?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:42 PM)McC Wrote: Well, if you put it in the wrong forum, a Mod will come along and move it for you.  Oh, wait...

Lotta Ben slamming going on these days.  And absolutely no one from anywhere weighing in on Ben's side.  No one.  The GM did very briefly and got the hell out quickly. 

In all fairness, Pouncey loves Ben, but Ben also spends a lot of time with his hands up Pouncey's rear end.  Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I could not remember Josh Harris so I looked him up.  9 carries for 16 yds.  CAREER.  Why was Haley calling a run anyway?

In the asshole regatta, Todd Haley is one guy who could give Ben a run for his money.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I could not remember Josh Harris so I looked him up.  9 carries for 16 yds.  CAREER.  Why was Haley calling a run anyway?

I would guess that Haley was probably trying to reward the kid with a couple of garbage time carries.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 03:18 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Meh you really can't say for sure watching the video, so it's pointless to speculate. There's never been any doubt that Ben is/was a colossal douche from day 1. 

One of my friends watched him berate a cashier til she started crying because she carded him for beer.  She was apparently supposed to recognize him because he was the starting QB for a MAC conference school.  From my experience, you're lucky if your average person in a MAC town can even name the starting QB, let alone recognize them on sight.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 11:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would guess that Haley was probably trying to reward the kid with a couple of garbage time carries.  

This, and possibly to get a "look" at something for future games.

Reply/Quote

Tell us the stories!

My best friend growing up went to Miami and just said Ben was so creepy.
Reply/Quote

I have another to add to that dating back to his time at Miami university.

He is what he is

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 07:29 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I have another to add to that dating back to his time at Miami university.

He is what he is
He rampaged though Oxford like Attila through a peasant village.

Reply/Quote

Mellow

https://lancasteronline.com/sports/football/nfl/former-steelers-qb-terry-bradshaw-coach-tomlin-teammates-defend-ben/article_4ea43d60-5151-11e9-b497-8f8db46591d2.html

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/03/20/pouncey-foster-defend-ben/

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Former-Pittsburgh-Steelers-teammate-defends-Ben-Roethlisberger-118095551/

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote