Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben's knee > Carson's knee
It's Throwback Thursday on a Sunday!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:06 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: It's Throwback Thursday on a Sunday!

Be prepared for a handful of Bengals fans to whine over this. You should never, ever, ever be happy about an injury, because the Smack Forum is all about being as moral, classy and respectful as humanly possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:14 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Be prepared for a handful of Bengals fans to whine over this. You should never, ever, ever be happy about an injury, because the Smack Forum is all about being as moral, classy and respectful as humanly possible.

You are totally clueless. He was making a joke that since Ben's knee is only sprained, it's better than Carson's knee. You were just being a turd.

Lrn2logic

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:14 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Be prepared for a handful of Bengals fans to whine over this. You should never, ever, ever be happy about an injury, because the Smack Forum is all about being as moral, classy and respectful as humanly possible.

Why don't you go troll somewhere else? 
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You are totally clueless. He was making a joke that since Ben's knee is only sprained, it's better than Carson's knee. You were just being a turd.

Lrn2logic

Ben's knee was only a sprain and he still cried unlike Carson. That's all I got out of that.

Oh, and that if your daughter ever spots Ben at a bar, tell her to aim for the knees.
Reply/Quote

Dude, we all saw your shitty comments in the game day chat...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:14 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: You should never, ever, ever be happy about an injury

This is correct.  There is no value in being happy about an injury to another team's player.  Doing such is garbage talk and is weak sauce. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:23 AM)Bengaldor Wrote: Ben's knee is garbage and is weak sauce. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:22 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I love lemon party.  It turns me on.

See I can do false quotes too. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:28 AM)Bengaldor Wrote: See I can do false quotes too.  :)

Yeah, but the difference is that I used mine to insult somebody credibly accused of sexual assault. You used yours to insult somebody who hurt your feelings cuz he said mean things about a millionaire who plays on a football team you don't even like and rapes women.
Reply/Quote
Shows me that diving at a knee does a whole lot more damage than falling on a knee.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:32 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'm a desperate attention hound.  I think I am funny when really I'm just a sad person that takes joy when a rival team's player gets injured.  I need help because I am not in my right mind.

I agree. :)
Reply/Quote
So was it a legal hit on Roethlisberger? I thought they made that kind of thing illegal after it happened to Brady.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:46 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: So was it a legal hit on Roethlisberger? I thought they made that kind of thing illegal after it happened to Brady.

It was a legal hit that a stronger man could have withstood.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:46 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: So was it a legal hit on Roethlisberger? I thought they made that kind of thing illegal after it happened to Brady.

Mike Pereria said it should have been flagged. Maybe it's only illegal if it's done to Brady?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm saying it was legal... Did you expect Barron to get upright and make the play? "Hold up Ben let me stand up so I can tackle you." I mean he tripped getting around a blocker, and instinctively he just went for Ben's legs. Its not like he took a straight dive into Bens knee from a full sprint.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:22 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Ben's knee was only a sprain and he still cried unlike Carson. That's all I got out of that.

Oh, and that if your daughter ever spots Ben at a bar, tell her to aim for the knees.

That's because Ben has a career he was worried about.  Carson didn't.  Carson always looked forward to the couch when he was in Cinci.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm saying it was legal... Did you expect Barron to get upright and make the play? "Hold up Ben let me stand up so I can tackle you."  I mean he tripped getting around a blocker, and instinctively he just went for Ben's legs. Its not like he took a straight dive into Bens knee from a full sprint.

That's still illegal...by the rule book.

I didn't think it was dirty though.  And I agree that the guy is just trying to make a play however he can.  They're just not allowed to do it.

Luckily the NFL really cares about QB's so they have an official watching for just such a thing under the relatively new rule and they called the penalty.  Right? Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just like the definition of what constitutes as an actual catch, how to take down a quarterback properly is one of those dumb grey areas that the league makes up as it goes. The protection rules they have in place for quarterbacks and receivers is getting ridiculous. Just let them play, if they get hurt, we'll that's part of the risk.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:49 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Just like the definition of what constitutes as an actual catch, how to take down a quarterback properly is one of those dumb grey areas that the league makes up as it goes. The protection rules they have in place for quarterbacks and receivers is getting ridiculous. Just let them play, if they get hurt, we'll that's part of the risk.

That makes sense when you look at the sport, but QBs are the big moneymaking faces of the franchise, so it's no surprise the league wants to protect them.
Reply/Quote