Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengal Fan Hysteria
It hurts to see fans turn on players and our head coach after 2 games we lost, one in OT caused by Money Mac and the field goal kicking team and one on the road after we tied the game.

I hope everyone can remember 2021, the journey has speed bumps, but in the end the team over achieved. I said it last year and I say again, enjoy the journey, never forget is a game and whether we win or lose, there are people out there suffering over real issues. It may be relationships, money, healthy or a multitude of reasons.

This forum lets us all speak our minds, to release negative energy. I am grateful we can do that and look forward to seeing the posts. I am an optimist, I think the 2022 team is far from done, I think our QB is a winner and will never quit. Let us be winners and never quit on this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ...after 2 games we lost, one in OT caused by Money Mac 

McPherson had nothing to do with it... it was all on the backup long-snapper and shitty blocking.  Period.
Get Money Mac's name out of your mouth.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  never forget is a game and whether we win or lose, there are people out there suffering over real issues. It may be relationships, money, healthy or a multitude of reasons.

I live my life constantly stalked by madness.

That doesn't keep me from getting pissed over the type of games we have played so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:36 PM)Tomkat Wrote: McPherson had nothing to do with it... it was all on the backup long-snapper and shitty blocking.  Period.
Get Money Mac's name out of your mouth.
 I said Money Mac AND THE KICKING TEAM 

Please go back and look at it Nervous

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I live my life constantly stalked by madness.

That doesn't keep me from getting pissed over the type of games we have played so far.

Hey if being mad at the Bengals makes your day, go for it by all means.

I never said anyone did or does not have a right to be upset

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hey if being mad at the Bengals makes your day, go for it by all means.

WTF did you come up with the idea that being upset over a Bengal loss "makes my day"?

Seriously, why would you make up something like that?  Are you suffering from some sort of "hysteria"?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It hurts to see fans turn on players and our head coach after 2 games we lost, one in OT caused by Money Mac and the field goal kicking team and one on the road after we tied the game.

I hope everyone can remember 2021, the journey has speed bumps, but in the end the team over achieved. I said it last year and I say again, enjoy the journey, never forget is a game and whether we win or lose, there are people out there suffering over real issues. It may be relationships, money, healthy or a multitude of reasons.

This forum lets us all speak our minds, to release negative energy. I am grateful we can do that and look forward to seeing the posts. I am an optimist, I think the 2022 team is far from done, I think our QB is a winner and will never quit. Let us be winners and never quit on this team.

Zac has been here 3 years and 2 games....   Its not just the 2 games

We should be seeing Growth and Progress especially after "upgrading" the teams weakest unit on the field
Reply/Quote
And we all know the history of 0-2 teams...
Reply/Quote
Never let it be said that Bengal fans have never had it so bad.. Mellow I'm pretty sure we have, but I've wiped it all from my memory.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I said it last year and I say again, enjoy the journey, never forget is a game and whether we win or lose, there are people out there suffering over real issues. It may be relationships, money, healthy or a multitude of reasons.

This is a Bengals forum. The Bengals have played like crap for 2 games. People are talking about Joe crappy the Bengals have played through 2 games. Losing isn't enjoyable. 

You think because people are complaining on a Bengals forum it someone means they have a disconnect on real life? Get over yourself man. 

If you want to see posts about people having "real issues" go scroll through your Facebook, Twitter, or news station of choice  
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I said Money Mac AND THE KICKING TEAM 

That is what you said, but I disagree.  One play didn't lose that game, four turnovers and a shellshocked OL is what lost that game.  It should have not even come down to one misfortunate STs play.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've never been the type of fan who can get happy about winning while getting zero emotion from a loss. I envy the types who can, but I'm just too damn symmetrical for that.

The Bengals are good enough for me to self-righteously say "Meh....0-2...I'm not going to worry until the playoffs" but it's easier to believe that when you aren't 0-2. At any rate, if we manage to start 0-3 that'll look pretty bad, but I don't think it happens.
Reply/Quote
"We're going to have fun," Wyche said at one point. "There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done besides worrying about a football game."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I said Money Mac AND THE KICKING TEAM 

Please go back and look at and it Nervous

Mac still had nothing to do with it, not even as part of "THE KICKING TEAM"  The ONLY part of "the kicking team" that failed was the long-snapper (any MAYBE Huber, the holder - who could have fallen on the bad high-snap on 3rd down for a chance at another kick)  So, I'll say it again...get McPherson's name out of your mouth when talking about why that game was lost.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It hurts to see fans turn on players and our head coach after 2 games we lost, one in OT caused by Money Mac and the field goal kicking team and one on the road after we tied the game.

While 2021 was definitely a (fun) journey that had its ups and downs, this season there's now an expectation of getting into the postseason, at minimum.

History doesn't fare well for teams going 0-2 and making the playoffs.

So while there's plenty of time they COULD turn it around, it's frustrating for many fans that they have dropped games in which they should have been the (heavy) favorites, and now they are trying to buck historical trend to get to the playoffs after starting 0-2.

I think they can right now, but if they end up getting to 3-6 at the bye or worse, I'll lose all hope.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The problem isn't two losses. The problem is that they're in danger of ruining the first franchise quarterback this team has had in 30 years.

If you're not feeling a little panic over that you're an idjit.
Reply/Quote

What a thoughtful, level headed post. Good on you!
Reply/Quote
"Back in 1993, the Cowboys began the season 0-2, but went on to go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl. Eight years later, it was the 2001 Patriots that started off slow, but finished 11-5 and won the Super Bowl. Six years after that, the 2007 Giants, who began the year 0-2 and finished 10-6, stunned the undefeated Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

The 1996 Patriots started the year 0-2 and made it all the way to the Super Bowl after going 11-5 in the regular season, but lost to the Packers."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 05:09 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: "Back in 1993, the Cowboys began the season 0-2, but went on to go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl. Eight years later, it was the 2001 Patriots that started off slow, but finished 11-5 and won the Super Bowl. Six years after that, the 2007 Giants, who began the year 0-2 and finished 10-6, stunned the undefeated Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

The 1996 Patriots started the year 0-2 and made it all the way to the Super Bowl after going 11-5 in the regular season, but lost to the Packers."

93 Cowboys started the season without Emmit Smith because Jerry is dumb. Once he was back they dominated again. You're also using Jimmie Johnson, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichick, and to a lesser degree Tom Coughlin as your comparisons for Taylor. Lol

I don't think anyone (or at least anyone rational) has yet said our season is over or that 0-2 is impossible to overcome. If in 8 days time we're 2-2, this forum will look a lot different. If we go 0-3 you can pretty much stick a fork in this season though. 
Reply/Quote
Don't believe anybody thinks the season is lost yet at 0-2.

Yet the Bengals play two games in 5 days starting Sunday that could have the season teetering that way if immediate improvement is not shown.

Hopefully the team gets rolling in the right direction soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote