Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengal Fans in Tampa were Great
(12-19-2022, 03:22 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: We went to the game and on the ride out of town was running in Benga fans at rest stops and restaurants  all up and down I-75

You guys were loud and proud down there! Hat's off to the Bengal Nation 12th man.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah man, eff Florida in July and August, lol.

Anyone who hates Florida in July and August is just missing a few things:

Covered Lanai with Fans with a pool and hot tub with the entire area screened in to keep the bugs out
Good old fashioned air conditioning

My wife and I moved down to Naples in April of 2021 close to Marco Island and love the area. We have since moved within 10 miles of the airport in Estero, Fl. which is close to Fort Myers.

We retired this year and go back home and stay with family for the holidays. I hate snow, everything about it but hate ice even more. It is no hotter in Florida in July or August than in Cincinnati. Both places are very hot.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 04:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Anyone who hates Florida in July and August is just missing a few things:

Covered Lanai with Fans with a pool and hot tub with the entire area screened in to keep the bugs out

My wife and I moved down to Naples in April of 2021 close to Marco Island and love the area. We have since moved within 10 miles of the airport in Estero, Fl. which is close to Fort Myers.

We retired this year and go back home and stay with family for the holidays. I hate snow, everything about it but hate ice even more. It is no hotter in Florida in July or August than in Cincinnati. Both places are very hot.

Shew, I dunno man, it gets too hot down there for me. I'm partial to Hilton Head, but it's too damn hot in SC at times too. 

You're right though, it gets hot and steamy in the tri state too....but I've got a pool, tub, and AC here, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 06:57 AM)kevin Wrote: Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

On the TV, you could hear the Bengals Fans loud during the game yelling Who Dey.  The TV announcers had to mention it a few times.  Now that is something I have heard with Steelers on the road, or Raiders, or Cowboys or the Browns of decades ago.   Hearing fans in a far away stadium yelling Who Dey is not normal, but it was great to hear.  

So the Bengals Fans that showed up LOUD in Tampa helped in this big win.  Bengals got back in this game with Defense making turnovers and Bengals did have a 12th man on Defense in these LOUD Bengals fans.   You could hear them on the TV, and again, the TV announcers had to mention them several times as they yelled Who Dey in Tampa.

Tiger   Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

For sure, it was the loudest I have ever heard on the road...

Something special going on around here. Expecting if we have road games in the Playoffs for the same thing to happen.

It is amazing how much our fan base has grown in the last year or so.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 03:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not sure. I know when he first started on the broadcast I really liked his style. It seemed as if he was calling plays before they happened. Very knowledgeable and a little unprofessional which was pleasant from the norm. Once he made that saying, "Chase is on the case" during the KC game last year, I was thinking how stupid that sounded. Now he repeats it often. I've grown to dislike him some. I mean, he's not the worst but he's sliding down the list pretty fast. His growing unfavorable attitude towards the Bengals is noticeable. 

When Romo attacked Burrow on the finger injury implying Burrow is not a tough dude because Herbert played with broken ribs.  Burrow played with an injured finger during the playoffs, a fully reconstructed knee that was potentially career ending, and another knee that was sprain for 4-6 weeks through the SB but he isn't tough?  He is the toughest player I remember from the Bengals apart from maybe except Krumrie.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 05:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: When Romo attacked Burrow on the finger injury implying Burrow is not a tough dude because Herbert played with broken ribs.  Burrow played with an injured finger during the playoffs, a fully reconstructed knee that was potentially career ending, and another knee that was sprain for 4-6 weeks through the SB but he isn't tough?  He is the toughest player I remember from the Bengals apart from maybe except Krumrie.  

Romo is grating, and his love for Brady and Mahomes just overtakes the broadcast even when Burrow is slicing and dicing
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 05:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Romo is grating, and his love for Brady and Mahomes just overtakes the broadcast even when Burrow is slicing and dicing

It seems like a lot of Cowgirl players have displeasure against Bengals, Romo, Irvin, and K. Johnson.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 05:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: When Romo attacked Burrow on the finger injury implying Burrow is not a tough dude because Herbert played with broken ribs.  Burrow played with an injured finger during the playoffs, a fully reconstructed knee that was potentially career ending, and another knee that was sprain for 4-6 weeks through the SB but he isn't tough?  He is the toughest player I remember from the Bengals apart from maybe except Krumrie.  

I thought it was more of a jab at Nantz than Burrow, but I guess I could be wrong...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 04:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Anyone who hates Florida in July and August is just missing a few things:

We went to Cincy last July for a wedding and I swear it was hotter there than it was here. I remember looking at our friends while we were at the zoo and saying "You know it's hot when the people from Florida are sweating to death."
Reply/Quote

Don’t forget the appendectomy to start the season.

Reply/Quote
I was at the game yesterday, and I would bet it was 40% Bengals fans. I think the majority of fans in the section behind the goalposts on the ship end were Bengals fans. You could clearly hear "Who Dey" loudly from that section. By the time the game was over, the stands were overwhelmingly orange. Leaving the stadium, it was almost entirely Bengals clad fans.
It got to the point where they put the "get loud" on the sign boards and it didn't get any louder. I have to admit to being a little nervous until the last drive before the half. It was a good, good night. Drove all the way from North Carolina but it was worth it.
Reply/Quote
I was there with my girlfriend. A lot of Whooooooo deyyyy
Reply/Quote

Gator Fans.... (let it play through the breaks) Tom Brady sighting....
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's fricking beautiful in the Sarasota, Bradenton, and Tampa area.

My sis lives in Lakewood Ranch.  I was going to try and retire down there in about 8 years, but the house she and her hubby built for $800K 2.5 years ago is now selling for $1.65 million.  So, I'm out.   Hilarious

HOWEVER, we realized that as much as they love it there, they hate July and August.  Just like we hate December and January in Ohio.  So, when I retire, my GF and I will live with them in those two winter months and they will live with us in those two summer months.  I am very close to them and we love hanging out.  My brother in law just retired and played golf EVERY DAY when they were up here late this summer when my mom was sick.   His cousin in Germantown is also retired so he was in heaven playing golf with him (they do little mini contests with friends and bet on their games).  Golf isn't my thing at all, but I love the idea that we can kind of have the best of both worlds without buying an additional home (which, I couldn't afford anyways).  

We have a little place on Manasota Key in Charlotte county. Usually down there in the last week of July and first week of August and a week in December. Rentals are pretty dead around that time and my wife is a professor so we are limited to her breaks as well. Coastal SW FL is our retirement destination as well. Summers in western PA and winters on the coast.

There is a major Ohio connection there for sure. Lots of Buckeye fans and a growing number of Bengals fans.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:56 PM)FastEddie Wrote: I was at the game yesterday, and I would bet it was 40% Bengals fans. I think the majority of fans in the section behind the goalposts on the ship end were Bengals fans. You could clearly hear "Who Dey" loudly from that section. By the time the game was over, the stands were overwhelmingly orange. Leaving the stadium, it was almost entirely Bengals clad fans.
It got to the point where they put the "get loud" on the sign boards and it didn't get any louder. I have to admit to being a little nervous until the last drive before the half. It was a good, good night. Drove all the way from North Carolina but it was worth it.

My wife and I flew into Cincy last night from Fort Myers. I would say at least 60% of the plane was Bengals fans. I was surprised only because TB is about 2 to 2.5 hours north so most fans would be flying out of Tampa.

They were all still hyped, it is a fun time to be a Bengals fan.

Oh and for those who say Florida is too hot, we went from 82 degrees to 27 degrees. It is going down to zero Friday. I love my family, but man I hate cold weather.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:06 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I'd say it's not just fans from Cincy. The Bengals have become one of the most popular teams in the country. They have picked up loads of fans from coast to coast.

Yep.
I'm sure some of those "well traveled (aka fairweather) Steelers fans" are actually cheering for Burrow and the Bengals now haha.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 08:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t forget the appendectomy to start the season.

Or the fact that he's consistently gotten the **** beat outta him since 2020... He hops right up, and doesn't get shook.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 03:01 PM)jason Wrote: Or the fact that he's consistently gotten the **** beat outta him since 2020... He hops right up, and doesn't get shook.

He pity's the foo! 

Reply/Quote

I've spent plenty of time in Hilton Head in July and August.  Pretty similar I would imagine, and I don't mind it.  Just think of a cold, bare January day and it's not so bad.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The whole "Romo was insulting Burrow for injuring his pinky" thing is total crap. He was making fun of his own broadcast team for portraying the cut pinky like it's a big deal. He said himself that it wouldn't make a difference, and that's because he knows Burrow is tougher than that.

Sometimes we try way too hard to get mad at commentators.
Reply/Quote