Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans temperature around town.
I was out this morning running errands, paying bills etc. And I ran into three buddies and fellow Bengal fans that I haven't talked to in a week or two. Two of them are diehard, knowledgeable, fans. One is more casual but still a pretty big fan.

I simply asked what they thought of the Chicago game ? Didn't say another word.

Everyone of them said the exact same thing and I found it fairly interesting. None are members here and to me it was kinda telling.

"I'm done with the Mike Brown/Marvin Lewis show" ! The two diehards mentioned both by name and said they'll not go to or watch another game until something is done ! The other said Marvin has to go, didn't mention Mike. Not a word was said by any about this player, that player, offense, defense, AJ, Andy, OC sucks, nothing.

It's not just us nut case Bengal fans on here !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah...I have trouble blaming the players.

It's not Bodine's fault that they didn't draft or sign a better Center. That Whitworth and Zeitler were both allowed to leave, etc.

I do kind of feel bad for John Ross as he was put in a pretty tough spot. Not saying he's some great player, but he was probably drafted too high and the expectations are enormous.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I have trouble blaming the players.

It's not Bodine's fault that they didn't draft or sign a better Center. That Whitworth and Zeitler were both allowed to leave, etc.

I do kind of feel bad for John Ross as he was put in a pretty tough spot. Not saying he's some great player, but he was probably drafted too high and the expectations are enormous.

It's just time Pistons

Hope is gone, apathy has set it everywhere in Bengal land ! My first Bengals game was in 1974, hence the 74, against the Houston Oilers - we lost.

But even in the bottom of the abyss in the dark decade I didn't feel this way and I'm far from alone it's spreading everyday and in fact is near an epidemic. Even casual fans are fed up with Mike and Marvin and the way business has been done.

I feel it's even worse than the 90's, back then MB was still in the learning years so to speak and "there was always next year".

That's run it's course
Reply/Quote
[Image: still_idiot.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The 2015 meltdown against the Steeler in playoffs took a lot out of everyone.

Marv not getting fired the next day took a lot out of everyone.

The decisions on free agency and who to let walk and who to sign took a lot out of everyone.

It was predictable that 2016 and 2017 would be completely wasted years after the meltdown against Steelers in playoffs- that took a lot out of everyone.

Keeping Bodine when it is obvious for the last three years that he is awful took a lot out of everyone.

Re-signing a mediocre DB like Dre and letting the two best linemen on a below average line ( Whit and Zeitler) walk - because we don't' pay guards and Whit is too old- took a lot out of everyone.

Failure to sign any quality free agents to replace Whit and Z and refusal to draft replacments for them and Bodine- took a lot out of everyone.

Team always imploding because of stupid penalties, no half time adjustments, and failure for years to cover tight ends and poor tackling- took a lot out of everyone.

The Bengals are a joke nationally. The management and coach have no credibility. They are both at fault but mainly the management because of their personnel failures and refusal to get rid of Marv a long time ago.
Reply/Quote
Clapping I agree whole hardily!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 05:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The 2015 meltdown against the Steeler in playoffs took a lot out of everyone.

The decisions on free agency and who to let walk and who to sign took a lot out of everyone.

It was predictable that 2016 and 2017 would be completely wasted years after the meltdown against Steelers in playoffs- that took a lot out of everyone.

Keeping Bodine when it is obvious for the last three years that he is awful took a lot out of everyone.

Re-signing a mediocre DB like Dre and letting the two best linemen on a below average line ( Whit and Zeitler) walk - because we don't' pay guards and Whit is too old- took a lot out of everyone.

Failure to sign any quality free agents to replace Whit and Z and refusal to draft replacments for them and Bodine- took a lot out of everyone.

Team always imploding because of stupid penalties, no half time adjustments, and failure for years to cover tight ends and poor tackling- took a lot out of everyone.

The Bengals are a joke nationally. The management and coach have no credibility. They are both at fault but mainly the management because of their personnel failures and refusal to get rid of Marv a long time ago.

The front office blunders have been glaringly bad.

Pittsburgh has to be laughing all the way to the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, it could be really bad for MB if he doesn't do something like step aside and let Katie take over.

All i know is Marv and PA have to be gone after the season, this is a must.
Reply/Quote
[Image: whodeu_hash.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it could be really bad for MB if he doesn't do something like step aside and let Katie take over.

All i know is Marv and PA have to be gone after the season, this is a must.

Look what happened the last time Cincinnati professional sports had a woman owner .. a World Series Championship!!

How?  She just paid the bills and let the baseball people run the show!!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 05:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The 2015 meltdown against the Steeler in playoffs took a lot out of everyone.

Exactly! Lewis had to go after that meltdown OR Burfict and Jones did.

You can't let that epic display of lack of discipline go unpunished.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 11:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Look what happened the last time Cincinnati professional sports had a woman owner .. a World Series Championship!!

How?  She just paid the bills and let the baseball people run the show!!

She pillaged the minor leagues and scouting, leaving the franchise in ruins for years on end.

She enjoyed the fruit of the previous owner and GM's work while rubbing dog fur on Pinella's chest for luck.

No wonder he bolted soon after.
Reply/Quote
bengals 67 really nailed it. Rep.

One more point, other than football nuts and bolts. Our owner, head coach and quarterback all have pretty bland personalities. Not a lot of charisma to draw people to them and get everybody fired up to go win a game.

I'm not saying they can change their personalities, and there's nothing worse than a guy trying to act jazzed up when he isn't that type. I'm just saying we're sort of stuck with that right now. No fearsome Forest Gregg, or wild Sam Wyche; no Boomer, no Icky, no football great, Paul Brown leading the organization.

That's the place we're in. We need some excitement.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 07:41 PM)Rattler Wrote: [Image: whodeu_hash.jpg]

This would have looked great on a few Cincinnati billboards.

Reply/Quote
They are dead last in average attendance, so it doesn't surprise me that much that the die hard and casual fans have started to not care anymore. Next year it'll be even worse I would assume.

It's funny what happens once you start winning some games and raise that bar a little higher.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown may very well have to go outside his comfort zone and actively pursue this off-season's hot head-coaching candidates. That's how bad this has gotten. I don't think promoting from within is going to put more asses back in PBS. But then again, maybe this fanbase is so fed up with Marvin specifically that they'd happily welcome a Paul Guenther promotion. I doubt it though.

I'm just saying, if I'm a season-ticket holder on the verge of cancelling his package after this season, and I turn on the news one morning and it's announced that Guenther has been promoted to head coach, that move doesn't make me say, "You know what? I'm renewing."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This forum certainly didn't introduce the idea that Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis need to go. I'm teetering on the Dalton/Green era is nearing its end.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:10 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Mike Brown may very well have to go outside his comfort zone and actively pursue this off-season's hot head-coaching candidates.  That's how bad this has gotten.  I don't think promoting from within is going to put more asses back in PBS.  But then again, maybe this fanbase is so fed up with Marvin specifically that they'd happily welcome a Paul Guenther promotion.  I doubt it though.

I'm just saying, if I'm a season-ticket holder on the verge of cancelling his package after this season, and I turn on the news one morning and it's announced that Guenther has been promoted to head coach, that move doesn't make me say, "You know what?  I'm renewing."

If only you could write to M. Brown and he'd read it, it would be good to hear his thoughts on that.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This forum certainly didn't introduce the idea that Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis need to go. I'm teetering on the Dalton/Green era is nearing its end.

There were quite a few of us on here that warned about the window closing on this group if they didn't go all in and use FA to address what used to be a minimal amount of holes in the roster to get over the hump.  I'm thinking the window closed in January 2015.  Now there are gaping holes all over the place, and it won't be a quick fix if they remain status quo.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 11:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: There were quite a few of us on here that warned about the window closing on this group if they didn't go all in and use FA to address what used to be a minimal amount of holes in the roster to get over the hump.  I'm thinking the window closed in January 2015.  Now there are gaping holes all over the place, and it won't be a quick fix if they remain status quo.

All true

We are looking at a 2 to 3 year re-building program assuming they hire a top coach, new staff, add scouts, etc.

If Mike promotes from within and nothing else changes the Bengals will leave Cincinnati sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote