Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Jim
So who is this guy? Does he work for the team, or does he do all this as a fan, because someone is spending $$$$$ Just curious...
Reply/Quote
Just a long time hardcore fan.
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengal-jim-named-bengals-fan-of-the-year
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So who is this guy? Does he work for the team, or does he do all this as a fan, because someone is spending $$$$$  Just curious...

Bengal Jim is a Bengals "superfan"  He does not work for the team though he was last season's Bengals Fan of the Year.  As such, he gets interviewed a lot and is included in many promotional videos.  He has a rather large, popular long-running tailgate (since 1993) that he puts on before ALL home games and many away games.  The tailgate collects money for various Cincinnati charities and has food drives as well as toy drives yearly.  I believe that I saw they have raised about $118,000 for charity this season. I suspect he does accept donations of food and such for the tailgate but you would have to ask him.

He rose to prominence because of last season's Super Bowl run
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengal-jim-named-bengals-fan-of-the-year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good bloke does a lot for charity and throws one hell of a pregame drinking session.
Reply/Quote
Think he does Insurance for a job.

I've always thought the Bengals throw him a bone and give him tickets to home and away games.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I've only recently seen loads of stuff on Jim such as presenting the weather on t.v and doing a hot sauce challenge and the man has huge charisma and media presence. Very likeable guy who loves the Bengals with a passion. Would love to go to one of his tailgates one time, would be a great laugh I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 04:36 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: I've only recently seen loads of stuff on Jim such as presenting the weather on t.v and doing a hot sauce challenge and the man has huge charisma and media presence. Very likeable guy who loves the Bengals with a passion. Would love to go to one of his tailgates one time, would be a great laugh I'm sure.

Provides free ale so he’s already a gent in my book.

Also has a map to stick a pin from where you’ve come from, surprised I wasn’t first lad from Leeds to visit LOL
Reply/Quote
He posts here at times.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
He's got to be made of money
Reply/Quote
What happened to Bengal giant foam fingers guy?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:30 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: What happened to Bengal giant foam fingers guy?

That’s the ‘#1 fan’. I was wondering about this guy recently. I haven’t noticed him in the stands in a while.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So who is this guy? Does he work for the team, or does he do all this as a fan, because someone is spending $$$$$ Just curious...

Why don't you ask him?

http://thebengalsboard.com/User-Bengal-Jim-s-Before-the-Roar
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He throws a hell of tailgate. Gets former players to show up and speak to the fans, basically gets any big names in for the weekend, to come over. Does all sorts of charity raffles.

I was lucky to talk to him for a few minutes during the Buffalo MNF tailgate. Introduced me to his son since he lives in the same area as me. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I wish I lived in Cincinnati so I could interact with the fan base in person. Love all the silly personas too like Bengalorian, Bengal Thing etc.
Reply/Quote
He's a great guy
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I believe he also does a podcast and will get players on occasionally.
Reply/Quote
Dude brought the tailgate all the way to Dallas this year and even snuffed out a local brewery ran by a couple bengals fans that I didn’t know about. He’s a legend in my book.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's got to be made of money

He has sponsors whi donate and help out at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:56 AM)PDub80 Wrote: He has sponsors whi donate and help out at this point. 

Well that was why I asked if the team was sponsoring him in some way, With season tickets and travel being probably the cheapest part of his weekends, I've got total respect for what he does. Just wondered if he was sponsored or just a gazillionaire who loves the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well that was why I asked if the team was sponsoring him in some way, With season tickets and travel being probably the cheapest part of his weekends, I've got total respect for what he does. Just wondered if he was sponsored or just a gazillionaire who loves the Bengals.

Not the team, but local and corporate sponsors help. Absolutely no doubt about that!

Even though I don't love it, I do think it's awesome that social media has helped things like this happen with normal people & businesses connectjng for everyone to benefit and enjoyment. That's it's best use, IMO.
Reply/Quote