Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is nobody talking about...
How the refs actually OVERTURNED a call - to the Bengals favor!?
Remember, the hit on Juju was initially ruled an incomplete pass... I was SHOCKED when it was overturned!
That was a HUGE moment in the game, and a perfect opportunity to screw the Bengals... "call on the field" and all that.
Sure, there was a "holy crap, we gotta help the Steelers" call by the refs, later on (the PI at the goal-line on 4th down), but for once, something went the Bengals' way!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: How the refs actually OVERTURNED a call - to the Bengals favor!?
Remember, the hit on Juju was initially ruled an incomplete pass... I was SHOCKED when it was overturned!
That was a HUGE moment in the game, and a perfect opportunity to screw the Bengals... "call on the field" and all that.
Sure, there was a "holy crap, we gotta help the Steelers" call by the refs, later on (the PI at the goal-line on 4th down), but for once, something went the Bengals' way!

steelers didnt seem to be getting their normal amount of penalties to help them out...

wonder if rooney forgot to send his check this month
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: How the refs actually OVERTURNED a call - to the Bengals favor!?

Good thing Zac challenged the call. I was waiting for those suspicious penalties to start coming at us to help the steelers, but they didn't. It's about time. Although, I tend to think if the game was being played in pittsburgh, those cheesy calls would have started coming at us.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was also very surprised that there were no critical, drive-killing, phantom "holding" calls!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:12 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I was also very surprised that there were no critical, drive-killing, phantom "holding" calls!

I wasn't surprised it was overturned because it was obvious but I was surprised the flag didn't come out for a hit on a defenseless receiver.  The one that always shows up against the Bengals when the hit is legitimate.  Must of been a full moon.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:21 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wasn't surprised it was overturned because it was obvious but I was surprised the flag didn't come out for a hit on a defenseless receiver.  The one that always shows up against the Bengals when the hit is legitimate.  Must of been a full moon.

It was a celestial alignment we haven't seen since the 1200s. No joke....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was a celestial alignment we haven't seen since the 1200s. No joke....

lol the planets literally aligned for all this to happen.... 
Reply/Quote
You guys do realize the star of Bethlehem only appears once every 800 years right? And that Saturn and Jupiter were visible last night?

This was probably the reason the bengals were aggressive and forced turnovers and almost got 30
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 05:29 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: ...This was probably the reason the bengals were aggressive and forced turnovers and almost got 30

If not for a missed 50+ yd FG... they woulda had 30!  :)
Reply/Quote
Let's remember the Stealers got a TD off of a BAD missed call on an obvious illegal pick play followed by missing OPI. They also face masked Finley once and also nearly decapitated him after the ball was away and no roughing calls.
Reply/Quote