Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengal Jim & Friends - Elizabeth Blackburn Interview
Who Dey Bengal friends!

We invite you to check out our exciting interview with Elizabeth Blackburn from our LIVE show on Sunday!

Man not only does she bring excitement and enthusiasm but pure love for our beloved Bengals!

Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
I watched part of it live. It was nice to hear from Elizabeth directly. She's very likeable.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
She's young, so the disappointing news is that by the time she's owning and operating the Bengals (and hopefully improving the franchise), I'll be dead and won't get to enjoy the 2060 Super Bowl run.
Reply/Quote
She's the future of Bengals. Here's to hoping she becomes the first female owner to ever be inducted into the HOF, one day!
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 02:09 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: She's the future of Bengals. Here's to hoping she becomes the first female owner to ever be inducted into the HOF, one day!

If she does win a Super Bowl as the owner of this team in the future it'll be in another city.   The teams lease is up in 2025 and I wouldn't put it past ownership to pull the team move it because i truly believe the city/county/citizens aren't ever going to build a new football stadium again for Mike Brown. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 02:13 PM)TJ528 Wrote: If she does win a Super Bowl as the owner of this team in the future it'll be in another city.   The teams lease is up in 2025 and I wouldn't put it past ownership to pull the team move it because i truly believe the city/county/citizens aren't ever going to build a new football stadium again for Mike Brown. 

Sadly, that will also likely end the NFL in Cincinnati. I don't think the league would ever put another franchise in the city when more viable markets exist.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 02:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Sadly, that will also likely end the NFL in Cincinnati. I don't think the league would ever put another franchise in the city when more viable markets exist.

Sadly I very much agree with you but when you're only putting 25k-30k fans in the seats per game do you really deserve a team in that city?  Mikey boy knows he could move this team to Oakland or San Antonio and sell out every game because their hungry for the NFL in their cities.   The city of Cincinnati is so apathetic that they don't care anymore.  Mike Brown has used and abuse the fan base and never give them anything in return.  Paul Brown must be rolling over in his grave right now so he doesn't have to watch this shit show every fall. 
Reply/Quote
Shes a promoter, I want action not talk...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 02:27 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Sadly I very much agree with you but when you're only putting 25k-30k fans in the seats per game do you really deserve a team in that city?  Mikey boy knows he could move this team to Oakland or San Antonio and sell out every game because their hungry for the NFL in their cities.   The city of Cincinnati is so apathetic that they don't care anymore.  Mike Brown has used and abuse the fan base and never give them anything in return.  Paul Brown must be rolling over in his grave right now so he doesn't have to watch this shit show every fall. 

The shame of all of this is what you alluded to, it's not the city's fault for lackluster support, it's Mike Brown's.

This city gave the Bengals something like 8 straight years of sellouts at PBS.  And this wasn't exactly the result of an excellent product, they were about .500 over this time. Riverfront too enjoyed excellent attendance in the years that were't among the lost decade.

What's crazy is that this town has shown the will support a decent product.  You don't even have to give us the world, just throw out a decent team and some change here and there (Arrival of Marvin Lewis, Carson Palmer, etc.).

Fwiw, there's some interesting numbers related to tv viewership by city.  Cincinnati routinely ranks near the top in % of residents who watch the NFL, or watches their team. 

I fear you're right, if they were to leave we wouldn't get another team.  But it would be so unfair if the reasoning for that was because of unsold tickets.  You could put this product over the last 30 years in a number of other potential spots and they wouldn't support it any better either.
Reply/Quote
My favorite line form the interview was:

"Elizabeth how do you respond to the teams reputation for not spending enough money on getting the players in place for a Super Bowl run?

Elizabeth: *chew* *chew* "I've been eating steak my whole life, *chewing* and I'm what you would call an expert at the art of steak from my years of tasting. sound of plate as knife cuts steak *chew*. Do you know how I've become such an expert with fine dining? From the family not paying the players an absorbent amount of money so we Brown/Blackburns can live..... how do you say High On The Hog?...   laughter erupts then *chew chew*
Reply/Quote
She's definitely the spitting image of her mom. Is she single? Any of you young guys want to get in on the ground floor? Play your cards right and you too could one day be married to the woman who owns the Bengals, just like useless Troy.

Not sure why so many are ga-ga over her. She's a huckster like the rest of her family. She's just a 21st century, social-media-savvy version.

Prove it on the field. All else is meaningless bullshit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Wow, the 2nd and 3rd generations of the family have been so poor at their jobs that the 4th generation is now an adult executive with the franchise and has never witnessed a Bengals’ playoff win in her lifetime.
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest, she's a breath of fresh air from her grandpa and in tune with the younger generation of fan(s) which the Bengals will need to be successful.

With the lease up in a handful of years there will need to be a push from more than the crotchety old fans who hate Mike Brown and his family.

Who knows this all may be lip service, but its the first sign of new life we have seen at PBS in a long time!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:37 AM)corpjet Wrote: Let's be honest, she's a breath of fresh air from her grandpa and in tune with the younger generation of fan(s) which the Bengals will need to be successful.  

With the lease up in a handful of years there will need to be a push from more than the crotchety old fans who hate Mike Brown and his family.

Who knows this all may be lip service, but its the first sign of new life we have seen at PBS in a long time!

My problem with it though corp is she came out saying oh we're gonna go spend money.  This isnt the same Bengals...it's a New Dey!!!

through 2 days of free agency its been business as usual for this front office.  They let go 3 guys who played at high levels last year and replaced them with lower grade or equivalent guys.  Nothing they've brought in so far in free agency has improved this team IMO.  

You can make twitter post all pretty and try and interact with the youth and try and create marketing that way.  Problem is the lease comes due in 2025.  Right now the city and county has all the leverage.  The Bengals are once again a losing operation.  The citizens of the city and county would never pass another tax increase to support a new stadium.  I know i wouldn't.  They been suckin on the city and counties tit since they negotiated that deal in 2000.  That'll never happen again.  
Reply/Quote