Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Start Seeing More Two-TE Sets?
Kroft didn't do a lot today, but I liked what I saw and he seemed effective running up the seams and catching balls, which Eifert has also looked effective running the same routes, so think about how good we'd be if we had both of them running up the seams, plus AJ and Jones on the outside, plus Hill or Gio eating defenses alive if they don't load the box.

Was this Kroft's coming out party? Will we start destroying defenses with him and Eifert?

I'm going to be PISSED if we don't.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Kroft didn't do a lot today, but I liked what I saw and he seemed effective running up the seams and catching balls, which Eifert has also looked effective running the same routes, so think about how good we'd be if we had both of them running up the seams, plus AJ and Jones on the outside, plus Hill or Gio eating defenses alive if they don't load the box.

Was this Kroft's coming out party?  Will we start destroying defenses with him and Eifert?

I'm going to be PISSED if we don't.

No.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No.

No reasoning?

Just "no"?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No reasoning?

Just "no"?

Just no.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Brad, I like the idea of the team needing to run more 2TE sets, but I believe that you have the personnel askew. What the offense was missing in the TE department, aside from the obvious (Eifert), was Jake Fisher. His contributions as a 6th blocker, that keeps the defense honest by occasionally going out and catching a pass, have been a nice contribution to the team this year. When the OL was getting their butt kicked today, it became painfully obvious that Fisher was out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Arent we doing it already with Hewitt?
Reply/Quote
If you look at most scenarios for the playoffs, the vast majority have that team from the east coming to Cincy.

I think two TE sets make a lot of sense against them. One would stay in for an additional blocker, leaving you with two WRs, and a single back. I think that the frequency of blitzes they are likely to see make it seem logical to have more maximum protection packages. Have the RB stay in on passing downs, let him chip an end, and slide out as an outlet.

The best three targets the Bengals have are AJ Green, Eifert, and Marvin Jones. Having those three in a pattern the majority of the time would create the best matchups, while you still have maximum protection and an outlet receiver.

I simply don't see Sanu getting any separation. I would rather have Rex Burkhead in as the single back in rotation with Gio and Hill to chip and be an outlet.

I don't think it will be that way every snap, but if it ends up being Mccarron, it does make sense.
Reply/Quote
I like this set esp when our O-line blocking has been a bit sub par as of late.

When you have 2 solid receiving TDs there are still plenty of options in the passing game.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you look at most scenarios for the playoffs, the vast majority have that team from the east coming to Cincy.

I think two TE sets make a lot of sense against them.  One would stay in for an additional blocker, leaving you with two WRs, and a single back.  I think that the frequency of blitzes they are likely to see make it seem logical to have more maximum protection packages.  Have the RB stay in on passing downs, let him chip an end, and slide out as an outlet.

The best three targets the Bengals have are AJ Green, Eifert, and Marvin Jones.  Having those three in a pattern the majority of the time would create the best matchups, while you still have maximum protection and an outlet receiver.

I simply don't see Sanu getting any separation.  I would rather have Rex Burkhead in as the single back in rotation with Gio and Hill to chip and be an outlet.  

I don't think it will be that way every snap, but if it ends up being Mccarron, it does make sense.
Agreed.   I am less and less a fan.  And I was furious that he gave up the on side kickoff.  It was right in his hands!
I'm fine with him leaving next year if we have to lose a guy in that room.
Reply/Quote
Hue has a different playbook than Gruden....and Hue intends to use all of his playbook, regardless of the QB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:13 PM)kevin Wrote: Hue has a different playbook than Gruden....and Hue intends to use all of his playbook, regardless of the QB.

He does?  I saw an awful lot of the same run off tackle yesterday.  As Marv likes to say:  I see better than I hear.

I was shocked that they didn't give AJ some more work yesterday to get him game action against a decent defense (at least at their home, they are decent), but instead they ran the most predictable game plan in to an 8 man front with a whopping 1.9 ypc to show for it.  

I'm sorry, but that is just playing not to lose and doing that same thing this next week will not result in a win. 
Reply/Quote
Brad I dont think anyone knows that answer
Reply/Quote