Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal PFF Grades: 2015 vs 2016
Think we all know that PFF isn't gospel, and shouldn't be taken as such, but it is still interesting anyway.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/pff-grades-on-bengals-this-year-15223251/

Most surprising/interesting things from it...

-Vinny Rey is ranked 7th at his position by PFF after nearly doubling his rating from last year. (44.5 to 87.4)
-Dalton loses Eifert, Jones, and Sanu, and barely sees a drop in his rating. (87.4 to 86.1) He's ranked 7th among QBs by them.
-Bodine has a huge increase over last year by them (+30, second biggest increase after V Rey) but is still not good at 24th among C. Damn he was truly awful last year.
-They have Ogbuehi as almost exactly as bad as Bodine was last year. (43.3 for Ced, 43.0 last year for Bodine)
-Of the 13 main contributors on defense (11 starters, 3rd CB, and nickle LB) 9 of them are ranked worse than 50th at their position. Vinny Rey, Josh Shaw, Carlos Dunlap, and Geno Atkins are the only ones better than 50th.
-Of the 3 base LBs (Burfict/Maualuga/Dansby), all are worse than 70th at their positions, with huge dropoffs from last year.
-Bengals have 6 players at the top 10 of their position. Dalton, Green, Whitworth, V Rey, Dunlap, Atkins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not gospel, indeed, but seems to be preaching the way, the truth, and the light relative to this year's Bengal squad.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Interesting for sure.

It is sort of depressing to say but, the Bengals might need a year or two before being really good again. If Bodine's progress continues and Ogbuehi follows that sort of curve (not to mention Jake Fisher) then it might take that long for the Oline to be solid again. And Boyd and Core will likely have improved too. Offensively, 2018 might be the best year of the Dalton era.

On the other side of the ball I'm not sure what's going on, but again I feel like Guenther is part of the problem.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 05:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: -Of the 13 main contributors on defense (11 starters, 3rd CB, and nickle LB) 9 of them are ranked worse than 50th at their position. Vinny Rey, Josh Shaw, Carlos Dunlap, and Geno Atkins are the only ones better than 50th.

Great analysis.  Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting that those that are ranked above 50th relative draft positions are as follows:  UDFA, 4th round, 2nd round, 4th round.  

Of those 9 that are ranked worse than 50th at their position, I'm sure they didn't take in to account that MJ is 10th in the league at his position at QB hurries.....Right, burnt toast?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote