Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody core/offensive spark
I saw last week Darrius Heyward Hey out run the Dolphins on 60 yard on a simple flip and run to the right.
it's been generations since we ran a play like that for that kind of success.
the Bengals offensive has all the imagination of a paper football game
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 02:46 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well if they ever give core a chance, and if he looks good, I'll come back and say told you so.

The 'I told you so' narrative sounds great inside your own head,but I've yet to see it translate into everyone else going GOSH! I WISH I WERE YOU ! 

That said I'd like to see Core get his shot at fame on Sunday .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 10:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I saw last week Darrius Heyward Hey out run the Dolphins on 60 yard on a simple flip and run to the right.
it's been generations since we ran a play like that for that kind of success.
the Bengals offensive has all the imagination of a paper football game

Yeah, but when that crap doesn't work we accuse Hue of sabotaging the franchise with his desire to be "cute" and long for a meat-n-potaters OC like Zampese.  Now we want cuteness again...figures.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 09:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: How can you make that statement?

He has only been active for one NFL game, so no one knows if his any good blocking on special teams.  For all we know his practice blocking on teams might very well be the reason he has been inactive five times.  And before you say you know he is good at it because of how well he did it in the preseason, remember these two words: Alex Erickson.

That is part of the reason Urban drafted Core, he was a good blocker in college.

Same reason we drafted James Wright.

Cannot hurt giving the guy a try on ST's where we have been terrible blocking all year without Core.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 11:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: The 'I told you so' narrative sounds great inside your own head,but I've yet to see it translate into everyone else going GOSH! I WISH I WERE YOU ! 

That said I'd like to see Core get his shot at fame on Sunday .. 

Lol I know, nobody likes to give credit everyou could be right and come back and say see!  And they would say well you got lucky and this is why it happened which I already knew blah blah blah. Never no credit.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 05:01 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: What made you think he was raw?he did more then James wright 

Wright has the special teams skins...that is what keeps him active.  If you look at TJ Houshmanzedah's career, as a 7th rounder, he didn't become TJ for a few years because he didn't get any opportunities.  He developed in to an outstanding receiver.  
Reply/Quote