Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Players
We as fans have deserved much better than what we have been getting, we know that. But, look at what ZT has to work with. First round picks who never got out of the starting gate because of injuries. So he now now has lower tier players starting because of other injuries. And some of those lower tier players are playing out of the regular spots they have'nt been use to playing. We bitched because ML wasn't getting the job done,and we screamed for a new coach and a whole new shake up of the system. So we got the new coach and the new system, but the draft was a bust, the players are trying to buy into the new system and Zack is trying to be a magician and pull the rabbit
out of the hat,but there ain't no hat!
Things are the usual in Bengal land,but let's see what happens once all the pieces are put in place. How long must we wait,I don't know!
Reply/Quote
And then a team like the Steelers goes on the road and beats the Chargers with the 4th string QB?

Are we missing some guys? Absolutely. But, we're 0-6. We lost to 2 winless teams.

Other teams overcome injuries all the time.

This is a staff that has dropped Billings into Zone coverage. On 4th and 1, they faked a draw out of a shotgun and ran a sneak. They also routinely call 3 yard pass plays on 3rd and 15.

The coaching is bad...

And guess what? We'll like NEVER be totally healthy. Basically no team is.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And then a team like the Steelers goes on the road and beats the Chargers with the 4th string QB?

Are we missing some guys? Absolutely. But, we're 0-6. We lost to 2 winless teams.

Other teams overcome injuries all the time.

This is a staff that has dropped Billings into Zone coverage. On 4th and 1, they faked a draw out of a shotgun and ran a sneak. They also routinely call 3 yard pass plays on 3rd and 15.

The coaching is bad...

And guess what? We'll like NEVER be totally healthy. Basically no team is.

Chargers aren't very good this year either, jus saying.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Chargers aren't very good this year either, jus saying.....

We lost to 2 0 win teams. We can downplay what other teams do...but it's things we don't do.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:07 PM)firstand10 Wrote: We as fans have deserved much better than what we have been getting, we know that. But, look at what ZT has to work with. First round picks who never got out of the starting gate because of injuries. So he now now has lower tier players starting because of other injuries. And some of those lower tier players are playing out of the regular spots they have'nt been use to playing. We bitched because ML wasn't getting the job done,and we screamed for a new coach and a whole new shake up of the system. So we got the new coach and the new system, but the draft was a bust, the players are trying to buy into the new system and Zack is trying to be a magician and pull the rabbit
out of the hat,but there ain't no hat!
Things are the usual in Bengal land,but let's see what happens once all the pieces are put in place. How long must we wait,I don't know!

Same problems last season, but that team at least managed 6 wins. So, I'm not giving ZT any leeway. 

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Same problems last season, but that team at least managed 6 wins. So, I'm not giving ZT any leeway. 

Don’t count them out yet. I fully expect them to get a few meaningless wins at the end of the season and screw up the chance to get a high impact player in the draft (who would probably get hurt anyways if he were a Bengal).
Reply/Quote
We're the worst team in the league right now...when you are the worst there is enough blame to go around EVEN to the guys who have a zillion excuses as to why they should be failing their asses off right now. We are 0-6 and at the bottom of the bucket with the tanking Dolphins at 0-5. We were sold a quick reboot, how could a team this talented POSSIBLY win less than the 6 games last year's crap squad won?

I sorta fell for it. Oh well. At any rate, when you are the absolute worst you get zilch for excuses.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're the worst team in the league right now...when you are the worst there is enough blame to go around EVEN to the guys who have a zillion excuses as to why they should be failing their asses off right now.  We are 0-6 and at the bottom of the bucket with the tanking Dolphins at 0-5.  We were sold a quick reboot, how could a team this talented POSSIBLY win less than the 6 games last year's crap squad won?

I sorta fell for it.  Oh well.  At any rate, when you are the absolute worst you get zilch for excuses.

It's funny to think we'd win 4 games out of 6 IF AJ was here.

That means he single-handedly is worth about 9-10 wins for a team. Laughable I know.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny to think we'd win 4 games out of 6 IF AJ was here.

That means he single-handedly is worth about 9-10 wins for a team. Laughable I know.

Also a laugh because there was a mutli-page thread where were tried to convince ourselves that AJ being out was a "blessing in disguise."  Ah well, hope springs eternal.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Also a laugh because there was a mutli-page thread where were tried to convince ourselves that AJ being out was a "blessing in disguise."  Ah well, hope springs eternal.

Indeed. Gave guys like Ross and Tate a chance to step up.

Well...still 0-6.

We must need every possible perfect circumstance to break our way to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. Gave guys like Ross and Tate a chance to step up.

Well...still 0-6.

We must need every possible perfect circumstance to break our way to win.

I'll admit I guessed we'd go 8-8 this year because I bought into a lot of the "with this talent" and the whole "how could the coaching get any worse" notions.  I will say I was less convinced our run game would look worlds better as soon as Mixon got in there, though.  The main thing that irks me this year is when people focus on saying that (thing that is an obvious issue) clearly isn't our biggest issue.  When you have so many issues it's too easy to just get paralyzed with the notion that we don't need to fix position X because position Y is so much worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I guessed we'd go 8-8 this year because I bought into a lot of the "with this talent" and the whole "how could the coaching get any worse" notions.  I will say I was less convinced our run game would look worlds better as soon as Mixon got in there, though.  The main thing that irks me this year is when people focus on saying that (thing that is an obvious issue) clearly isn't our biggest issue.  When you have so many issues it's too easy to just get paralyzed with the notion that we don't need to fix position X because position Y is so much worse.

You need me as a life coach so that you don't ever fall for the Bengals hype again. I'll tell you when I think the roster and coaching is good enough to believe in.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin was coach everyone would call for his head. ZT is utter garbage.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The players are bad and the coaching is worse. Lou Anarumo drums up quite possibly the worst scheme I have seen to date. To give up 250+ yards rushing 3+ times in the first 6 games is an absolute joke. I get we have a couple bad LBers but the line is not terrible. Never should they be giving up that much yardage. On offense the lack of talent on the o-line is a glaring issue however ZT has fallen short on his offensive game planning. Never in a million years should Joe Mixon only have single digit rushing attempts. If anything get him more involved in the passing game. Where are our TEs? Uzomah was often used last year and Eifert is back and yet they are non-existent. The Patriots make it work for their offense and they have comparable talent there (aside from The Goat of course).

We need player upgrades but we need coaching changes as well. Anarumo is a must fire and I would give ZT one more year and if he gets similar results he should go as well.
Reply/Quote
Enough of the excuses, we haven't done squat all year, our defense sucks, Mixon has done nothing (blame it on the line, coaching whatever) and Fat Randy is Fat Randy!

As said earlier a 4th string QB won a road game in his first NFL start, meanwhile we have a seasoned veteran QB who has the spirit of a mouse and cant lead this team to a single win.

Hey but Marvins gone and that was my only off season goal.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
So far Cincy's strength of schedule is the toughest in the league at .662. That doesn't really mean anything. They still suck right now no matter who they play.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001065942/article/2020-nfl-draft-order-dolphins-no-1-browns-eagles-in-top-15
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're the worst team in the league right now...when you are the worst there is enough blame to go around EVEN to the guys who have a zillion excuses as to why they should be failing their asses off right now. We are 0-6 and at the bottom of the bucket with the tanking Dolphins at 0-5. We were sold a quick reboot, how could a team this talented POSSIBLY win less than the 6 games last year's crap squad won?

I sorta fell for it. Oh well. At any rate, when you are the absolute worst you get zilch for excuses.

Jets
Skins
Dolphins
Falcons

AT THE VERY LEAST, are all worse than us, don't make me laugh.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We lost to 2 0 win teams. We can downplay what other teams do...but it's things we don't do.

Oh, I agree, but the Chargers are struggling to block too. Even Rivers can't overcome it....and they lost to the 1 win Stoolers, who's lone win was against a winless Bengals team.

(10-14-2019, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're the worst team in the league right now...when you are the worst there is enough blame to go around EVEN to the guys who have a zillion excuses as to why they should be failing their asses off right now.  We are 0-6 and at the bottom of the bucket with the tanking Dolphins at 0-5.  We were sold a quick reboot, how could a team this talented POSSIBLY win less than the 6 games last year's crap squad won?

I sorta fell for it.  Oh well.  At any rate, when you are the absolute worst you get zilch for excuses.

I think we're next to worst, but your point stands. Agreed.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jets
Skins
Dolphins
Falcons

AT THE VERY LEAST, are all worse than us, don't make me laugh.

I think the Jets are better now that Darnold is back, but how could I forget the Skins?! Yeah, we're better than them I think. Us and the Falcons might be a dead heat.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:41 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I think the Jets are better now that Darnold is back, but how could I forget the Skins?! Yeah, we're better than them I think. Us and the Falcons might be a dead heat.

Falcons played a fluke game for their only win and despite the numbers, it was a rough game against 'zona (who also are playing above their heads, I feel).

Darnold makes the team better 100%, but they really did nothing for almost 2 1/2 full quarters, on Sunday.

And they still can't run the ball (even worse than us, I believe, thought not entirely sure).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote