Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Players
(10-15-2019, 09:33 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So far Cincy's strength of schedule is the toughest in the league at .662. That doesn't really mean anything. They still suck right now no matter who they play.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001065942/article/2020-nfl-draft-order-dolphins-no-1-browns-eagles-in-top-15

Yeah, they played two winless teams in a row and lost both.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jets
Skins
Dolphins
Falcons

AT THE VERY LEAST, are all worse than us, don't make me laugh.

Well, I mean we are the worst in the sense that we are 0-6.  I get it, life isn't a black and white thing but the numbers say we are in last place until we prove otherwise.  With that being said:

The Jets beat the Cowboys...could we beat the Cowboys?  We can't even beat winless teams so far, so I doubt we'd beat a .500 squad.  The Skins are a bit of a joke yes, and I could see us beating them and/or the Dolphins but the Dolphins aren't even trying to win.  The Falcons have a QB who is playing well enough to win, so I can't help but feel he'd beat us no matter how bad his defense and special teams want to ruin it for him.

1 on 1 I'd only be confident we could beat the Dolphins in that group, and I'm not just trying to be a defeatist...we're just bad right now.  That's my point, when you are 0-6 in a game and league designed to give everyone equal footing you are BAD BAD BAD.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I mean we are the worst in the sense that we are 0-6.  I get it, life isn't a black and white thing but the numbers say we are in last place until we prove otherwise.  With that being said:

The Jets beat the Cowboys...could we beat the Cowboys?  We can't even beat winless teams so far, so I doubt we'd beat a .500 squad.  The Skins are a bit of a joke yes, and I could see us beating them and/or the Dolphins but the Dolphins aren't even trying to win.  The Falcons have a QB who is playing well enough to win, so I can't help but feel he'd beat us no matter how bad his defense and special teams want to ruin it for him.

1 on 1 I'd only be confident we could beat the Dolphins in that group, and I'm not just trying to be a defeatist...we're just bad right now.  That's my point, when you are 0-6 in a game and league designed to give everyone equal footing you are BAD BAD BAD.  

Jets beat the Cowboys for 1 quarter, then the Cowboys shot themselves in the foot while trying to claw their way back; I don't see us losing to a team with a D just as bad, a run game just as bad and a QB that is worse than Andy (say what you want about Darnold, he's NOT good).

Falcons are a lot like us, but they have their stud WR and we don't; they still can't win games.

But yes, I get the whole 0-6 is last place, thing, 100%.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 12:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jets beat the Cowboys for 1 quarter, then the Cowboys shot themselves in the foot while trying to claw their way back; I don't see us losing to a team with a D just as bad, a run game just as bad and a QB that is worse than Andy (say what you want about Darnold, he's NOT good).

Falcons are a lot like us, but they have their stud WR and we don't; they still can't win games.

But yes, I get the whole 0-6 is last place, thing, 100%.

The thing about the Jets is that their starting QB came back and they showed life and looked competent, and competent has been beating us all year.  I don't have confidence in any team you mentioned, but it's really hard to have any confidence in our team because we've already lost to multiple winless teams.  6 games into the season and no matchup, no matter how favorable or possible it looks, has led to a W for us and that's just the way it is until I see otherwise.

With that being said, I still think we beat the Jaguars this week but if I'm wrong this time (as I was with SF, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and AZ) I'm just going to finally assume a L's until I see us win anything AAAANNNNYTHING.
Reply/Quote
Now to be honest the roster is lacking depth and talent in some skilled positions along with your bread butter which wins games in the trenches. We do not have a offense line and the defense line is almost no existent do to the schemes along with the linebackers not able to clogged up the gaps. The preparation for each week as far as the game plan is garbage. Honestly we do not do anything really well. I do believe we could pull out some wins but we need the coaching staff to come up with a better game plan which matches the skill players we have. I think we need to blitz more up the a gaps on defense and stay in more of a tampa 2 cover two zone scheme where we can hide some of our weaknesses on defense. Now offense we could do some zone blocking for the running game but we need to be more creative with the play calling and don't always look scared every time we have the ball. We need to take some more risk on offense and also get more out of both of our backs which are very talented and chip block with them on passing plays. We have to win up front to win games on both sides of the field so show your strength and get nasty to beat these teams!!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And then a team like the Steelers goes on the road and beats the Chargers with the 4th string QB?

Are we missing some guys? Absolutely. But, we're 0-6. We lost to 2 winless teams.

Other teams overcome injuries all the time.

This is a staff that has dropped Billings into Zone coverage. On 4th and 1, they faked a draw out of a shotgun and ran a sneak. They also routinely call 3 yard pass plays on 3rd and 15.

The coaching is bad...

And guess what? We'll like NEVER be totally healthy. Basically no team is.

The coaching is actually atrocious. Everything you mentioned, and then dialing up a play for tiny-man Alex Erickson over Auden Tate on third and goal, after Tate led you down the field with 3 great catches? Just plain effing stupid Whatever

Zac should at least hand over play calling duties because he is god awful.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 1 on 1 I'd only be confident we could beat the Dolphins in that group, and I'm not just trying to be a defeatist...we're just bad right now.  That's my point, when you are 0-6 in a game and league designed to give everyone equal footing you are BAD BAD BAD.  

Our offense has only scored 3 total tds in the last three games against defenses that rank 12th, 29th, and 17th in scoring.  Overall we are 29th in points per game, 28th in yards per play, and 26th in yards per game.

Our run offense is ranked dead last in yards, 31st in yds/car, and 27th in tds (but our RBs have ZERO rushing tds).

Our total defense is ranked 31st in yards per game and 31st in yards per play.

Our Pass defense is 27th in pass efficiency (105.3), 31st in hurry percentage, and 29th in pressure percentage (Not sure of the difference between "hurry" and "pressure" but we suck at both).

Our run defense is ranked dead last in yards, yds/car, and TDs.

We are 30th in point differential.
Reply/Quote