Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Opt out impact
Our OL especially our guards may look at all pros if DT's and nose guards keep opting out. If the season is played it may come down to which team can't control the virus the best and which team has the fewest players opt out.

This could be a weird year indeed and guys like Mixon are licking their chops to run up the middle against some teams
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Teams can only do so much.  I think more of the onus is on the players when they aren't at the team's facility having the self discipline to maintain social distancing, avoiding crowds, etc during their free time. Instead of going out on the town like the Marlins' players which affected the whole team's schedule. 
Reply/Quote
Just saw Billings opted out. Imagine if we were relying on him this year after releasing Glasgow and losing Tupou.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Teams can only do so much.  I think more of the onus is on the players when they aren't at the team's facility having the self discipline to maintain social distancing, avoiding crowds, etc during their free time. Instead of going out on the town like the Marlins' players which affected the whole team's schedule. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/03/nfl-covid-19-bubble-saints-training-camp-hotel/

Let's just all agree, that when it comes to teams 'doing so much' - the Bengals will be in the bottom half, probably bottom 5% of teams, when it relates to being forward-thinking, spending money on prevention, and equipping their facilities with top technology to avoid covid. 

I wouldnt be surprised if the bengals sole prevention technique was a couple bottles of rubbing alcohol mixed with water and dumped into the fan mister out in the UC practice bubble. 

Reply/Quote
Bengals might have the best roster in the NFL when its all said and done
Reply/Quote
We have an MRI machine at the stadium, that should give us an edge i hope, scan those lungs baby!!!! Hehe
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Bengals might have the best roster in the NFL when its all said and done

Lol wut
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 10:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol wut

Drinkin' on work nights is fun!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Bengals might have the best roster in the NFL when its all said and done

Right? Watch the Bengals win the Super Bowl this year, only to have it asterisked....
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:22 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/03/nfl-covid-19-bubble-saints-training-camp-hotel/

Let's just all agree, that when it comes to teams 'doing so much' - the Bengals will be in the bottom half, probably bottom 5% of teams, when it relates to being forward-thinking, spending money on prevention, and equipping their facilities with top technology to avoid covid. 

I wouldnt be surprised if the bengals sole prevention technique was a couple bottles of rubbing alcohol mixed with water and dumped into the fan mister out in the UC practice bubble. 

I'm sure in your mind you thought this was really clever and funny. In reality, the Bengals were far quicker getting their IDER plans approved by the NFLPA than teams like New England, San Francisco, Seattle, and New Orleans.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 09:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm sure in your mind you thought this was really clever and funny. In reality, the Bengals were far quicker getting their IDER plans approved by the NFLPA than teams like New England, San Francisco, Seattle, and New Orleans.

Did you see the wristbands they are wearing that flash red when they are too close to another player or coach, and track how long they are in close proximity. They can also go back and track who each player was in contact with and for how long in case one tests positive. Pretty forward thinking.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 07:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Teams can only do so much.  I think more of the onus is on the players when they aren't at the team's facility having the self discipline to maintain social distancing, avoiding crowds, etc during their free time. Instead of going out on the town like the Marlins' players which affected the whole team's schedule. 

I don't disagree, but you mention only player conduct. 

The married players and coaches go home to their families every night. Let's not forget that the wife or kids may get the virus and pass it on to the player.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 09:54 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: I don't disagree, but you mention only player conduct. 

The married players and coaches go home to their families every night. Let's not forget that the wife or kids may get the virus and pass it on to the player.

That's true.
Reply/Quote
There may be more opt outs, but I'm looking at the list of players who opted out and some teams got hit pretty hard.
Arizona, Buffalo, Chicago, Green Bay, New England, NYG and NYJ each lost what I would consider an impact starter, with New England losing 4 starters.

I feel particularly bad for Green Bay fans because they chose to draft a back up QB in the first round rather than a WR, when Rodgers has 4 years left on his contract and is not showing signs of wearing down, when they had almost no weapons for Rodgers. Defenders of the pick often cited Funchess as justification for why Rodgers will be fine, since he was the only other "viable" threat next to Adams.

Now, Green Bay's receiving corp is Adams + some guys named...Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, Reggie Begelton, Allen Lazard and, of course, the wonderous Jake Kumerow.

That may be the worst receiving corp in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 10:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There may be more opt outs, but I'm looking at the list of players who opted out and some teams got hit pretty hard.
Arizona, Buffalo, Chicago, Green Bay, New England, NYG and NYJ each lost what I would consider an impact starter, with New England losing 4 starters.

I feel particularly bad for Green Bay fans because they chose to draft a back up QB in the first round rather than a WR, when Rodgers has 4 years left on his contract and is not showing signs of wearing down, when they had almost no weapons for Rodgers. Defenders of the pick often cited Funchess as justification for why Rodgers will be fine, since he was the only other "viable" threat next to Adams.

Now, Green Bay's receiving corp is Adams + some guys named...Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, Reggie Begelton, Allen Lazard and, of course, the wonderous Jake Kumerow.

That may be the worst receiving corp in the NFL.

Gotta feel bad for PackerBacker
Reply/Quote

Yes, the worst team the NFL is going to magically become the best team in the NFL... because a few teams had a starter opt out of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 10:53 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Yes, the worst team the NFL is going to magically become the best team in the NFL... because a few teams had a starter opt out of the season. 

I'm not saying I disagree, but 49ers. Not likely, but possible.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 10:53 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: Yes, the worst team the NFL is going to magically become the best team in the NFL... because a few teams had a starter opt out of the season. 

I don't know if you know this but we actually improved the roster in the off-season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote