Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Trivie,,,,Harold Green 1993
(02-02-2016, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: But you rushing in to defend your hero like Grant taking Richmond is not only priceless, but very predictable.   :hooked:

Actually I only defend PA in threads that might have something to do with PA.

You are so obsessed with your hatred for the guy that you bring him up in random threads about things that happened when he was not even here.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I only defend PA in threads that might have something to do with PA.

You are so obsessed with your hatred for the guy that you bring him up in random threads about things that happened when he was not even here.

......hatred?   LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

More like time to move on.  Look, the guy made a post about Harold Green's performance and sack numbers on Klingler, vs. o line performance.  The line wasn't very good then, because Mike Clown had no clue how to build a team from the trenches out.  He thought you drafted a shiny trinket type player (Klingler/Carter, etc), and the rest took care of itself.  I took it as an opportunity to crack a joke.....hence the ninja, and the little green man.  I can't believe everything has to be spelled out to you in every little detail.  Abstract thought is not your strong suit.....what if every time you posted some off hand comment in an off topic forum, you had to explain your joke in every minute detail because someone took you seriously?  Really man, it's not that complicated.......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 11:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: what if every time you posted some off hand comment in an off topic forum, you had to explain your joke in every minute detail because someone took you seriously?  Really man, it's not that complicated.......

I klnew exactly what you were TRYING to do.  I was just pointing out that since you have no clue what you are talking about your attempt at humor failed.

It is like trying to joke about how bad Justin Beiber is by making fun of the time when he was in "Backstreet Boys".  It can't be funny because it is just ignorant.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I klnew exactly what you were TRYING to do.  I was just pointing out that since you have no clue what you are talking about your attempt at humor failed.

It is like trying to joke about how bad Justin Beiber is by making fun of the time when he was in "Backstreet Boys".  It can't be funny because it is just ignorant.

Sure thing Matlock ThumbsUp

.....exactly what am I trying to do? I already admitted I was off a year.....

However, you causing me to research my memory led me to realize ol Gregg Allman was a Bruce Coslet disciple. All the more reason to keep him around for life! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 03:37 PM)Harmening Wrote: Didn't Hearst have over 1,000 yards that year, but failed to ever reach the end zone?

Thought Garrison Hearst was going to be so good in NFL. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 02:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought Garrison Hearst was going to be so good in NFL. 

He was. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 02:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was. 

.....had some fine years out on the West Coast.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 02:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....had some fine years out on the West Coast.

10,000 yards from scrimmage for his career (despite missing 2 entire seasons due to a horrific knee injury), four 1000 yard seasons, 2 Pro Bowls, a comeback POY award, etc.

His best years were obviously with the 49ers, but he also rushed for 1000 with the Cards and had a solid season in Cincy as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 02:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 10,000 yards from scrimmage for his career (despite missing 2 entire seasons due to a horrific knee injury), four 1000 yard seasons, 2 Pro Bowls, a comeback POY award, etc.

His best years were obviously with the 49ers, but he also rushed for 1000 with the Cards and had a solid season in Cincy as well.

.....forgot all about him playing with the Cards.

Reply/Quote
It's a shame I put together a pretty decent stat-laden post only for it to get buried by bickering.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 03:21 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It's a shame I put together a pretty decent stat-laden post only for it to get buried by bickering.

Sorry, I was just looking to add some humor....to address your point, I think it was the o line, primarily.  The same with the group that was here in '05, when the group that was around for '88 began to dismantle, we didn't have adequate talent behind them developed and ready to go.  It wasn't until the Levi Jones, et al, of the world began to show up in Cincy that we actually addressed the problem, imo.  

Then, when those guys began to fade out, we were a couple years behind on replacing them.  It seemed we didn't learn our lesson. At least now, it seems we are preparing for this, with two T's drafted last season early.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks to Shake 'n Blake I have recently discovered that Harold Green set a couple of NFL rushing records in 1993

1.  Green set the NFL single season record for lowest average per carry (2.7) by any player with more than 200 carries.  Marion Butts is the only other RB in history to have a season with more than 200 carries and an  average under 3.0.  (2.9 in '94)

2.  Green tied two other NFL RBs with the fewest rushing tds scored (0) with more than 200 carries in a season. (since then this feat has been matched by 2 other RBs including Bengal Garrison Hearst in '96).

Interesting side note.  I played college football with Boyce Green who is one of the other RBs to have zero tds and 200+ carries in a season. (Browns '84)

This was when the genius of Mike Brown was in full bloom. There's little in the way of idiocy that would surprise me from that time in terms of personnel and coaching decisions.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks to Shake 'n Blake I have recently discovered that Harold Green set a couple of NFL rushing records in 1993

1.  Green set the NFL single season record for lowest average per carry (2.7) by any player with more than 200 carries.  Marion Butts is the only other RB in history to have a season with more than 200 carries and an  average under 3.0.  (2.9 in '94)

2.  Green tied two other NFL RBs with the fewest rushing tds scored (0) with more than 200 carries in a season. (since then this feat has been matched by 2 other RBs including Bengal Garrison Hearst in '96).

Interesting side note.  I played college football with Boyce Green who is one of the other RBs to have zero tds and 200+ carries in a season. (Browns '84)

Thanks a lot Fred!  I paid a professional good money to help me forget those names and you brought it all rushing back. Now I feel nauseous!! Good thing you didn't say Jeff Query or Craig Yeast or I would have killed myself!!  (Uh-Oh)
Reply/Quote
I found it interesting that the a few of the best years Green had in YPA he was listed as a FB. Then he was switched to RB and aside from one season his numbers took a downward turn. The year he was switched to RB, 1992, just so happens to coincide with Dave Shula becoming the head coach. Granted he had his best statistical season across the board that year but then it hit rock bottom. Was the position switch the issue? Was it Dave Shula'sfirst of many coaching blunders? Maybe....
http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXGXXGreeHa00.htm&t=0
http://www.bengals.com/assets/docs/coaching.pdf

I, unfortunately, think I have the real answer though. It lies in this article ( http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/6/9/2209539/bengals-then-and-now-harold-green ). Looks to me ole Harold held out for a contract in 93, ended up getting paid, and maybe lost his drive.

As a Harold Green apologist, this pains me.

Reply/Quote
What percentage of people on this board didn't really know who Harold green was? That's the question I ponder right now.

Reply/Quote