Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal.com Hobson on Glenn, Eifert, Center
You can pull it up on Bengals.com. Hobson saying getting Glenn opened the door to signing Eifert but may mean not signing Bodine now. He says this could mean center at pick 21 in Round One. He doesn't say who, but I'll throw a name out that's been mentioned on this sites Draft talk for months. Price out of Ohio State. Hobson says draft because he doesn't see them not paying Bodine and then paying a free agent. He says if Eifert is healthy and reaches goals of the contract he becomes an expensive signing and this leaves less money for Bodine or a F/A center. This is why he says the draft and Round One. If Hobson is correct, it answers questions on Bodine, F/A centers and Bengals First Round Pick which he says would be a center to replace Bodine. He didn't say Price, but Price has certainly been considered a top center in this draft for some time now. Plus new O Line coach says he wants blockers with a mean streak edge to them, and all info on Price is he plays with a mean streak.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It could be Daniels also, I'd love to get Price and he fits, because he is stronger and can seal. Also I am a Buckeye homer too!!
Reply/Quote

It could signal something about what we may do at Linebacker as well.

Kevin Minter was our highest paid Free Agent signing last year at $4.2 million.

May not have a substantial Free Agent linebacker signing this year if money is getting tight as Hobson suggests.

Maybe both Center and Linebacker get addressed fairly early in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:27 AM)kevin Wrote: You can pull it up on Bengals.com.

Which story?  There are several.  None of the titles mention center or bodine.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Which story?  There are several.  None of the titles mention center or bodine.

The one on Eifert. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:49 AM)depthchart Wrote: .

It could signal something about what we may do at Linebacker as well.

Kevin Minter was our highest paid Free Agent signing last year at $4.2 million.

May not have a substantial Free Agent linebacker signing this year if money is getting tight as Hobson suggests.

Maybe both Center and Linebacker get addressed fairly early in the Draft.
Center/Blocker in 1 and LB/tackler in 2.  Sounds good to me. I'm sure it sounds good to Lasor and Austin in their first drafts as Bengal coaches, both offense and defense getting help. Wait, Bengals just signed Preston Brown LB from Bills to go with Glenn LT from Bills.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:00 PM)kevin Wrote: Center/Blocker in 1 and LB/tackler in 2.  Sounds good to me. I'm sure it sounds good to Lasor and Austin in their first drafts as Bengal coaches, both offense and defense getting help.  Wait, Bengals just signed Preston Brown LB from Bills to go with Glenn LT from Bills.

How does Preston Brown compare to Minter in terms of talent and money he is making now with the Bengals ?

From what I gather he is pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: How does Preston Brown compare to Minter in terms of talent and money he is making now with the Bengals ?

Brown is an excellent run defender that makes sure tackles. The knock on him is he isnt a splash play defender.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: How does Preston Brown compare to Minter in terms of talent and money he is making now with the Bengals ?

Great tackler and good in coverage. Ten times better than Minter in every way, great signing.

(03-16-2018, 01:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Brown is an excellent run defender that makes sure tackles. The knock on him is he isnt a splash play defender.

We needed a solid Linebacker besides Burfict, this guy is more than solid. He is right up there with Burfict in terms of football
knowledge but stays healthy and is much smarter on the field avoiding flags. Couldn't of gotten a better Linebacker at this point.

Love this grab.

To the OP, sure hope Hobspin is right for once. He sure was wrong about what he was saying earlier about just signing our own
guys. Hope he is right this time about Bodine not coming back. If he does i do believe he is right it will be on the cheap and our
first pick could certainly be a Center who would be the highest paid Center on the roster automatically and have the headstart as
the starter.

Things are turning around people, i smell positive change around here. Cool
Reply/Quote