Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal fans take note
We see what happens to a QB when they lose their running game and LT.

Will Cowboy fans turn on Prescott? Will they call for his backup to start after his last two games?

Or is it just Dalton who has to shine with a struggling LT and run game in order to keep his job?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: We see what happens to a QB when they lose their running game and LT.

Will Cowboy fans turn on Prescott? Will they call for his backup to start after his last two games?

Or is it just Dalton who has to shine with a struggling LT and run game in order to keep his job?

The Cowboys were at least smart to acknowledge the need for a good OL and running game.
The Bengals, however, were not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Cowboys were at least smart to acknowledge the need for a good OL and running game.
The Bengals, however, were not.

The Bengals did acknowledge it. 1st and 2nd round OT’s and a 2nd round RB drafted. They just missed on the picks (the oline picks that is).

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals did acknowledge it. 1st and 2nd round OT’s and a 2nd round RB drafted. They just missed on the picks.

Missed on CO.... I'll give Fisher a chance to get his heart right before I label him a miss. Same with Mixon.... no one could run behind this current line.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:41 AM)WildCat Wrote: we're not exactly sure that the coaches see anything. are we? hindsight is 20/20 but not for this coaching staff. bengal gonna bengal brother.

(11-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals did acknowledge it. 1st and 2nd round OT’s and a 2nd round RB drafted. They just missed on the picks.

They missed on the o line picks but definitely not the running back.

Joe Mixon is extremely talented... He's doing everything he's been able to with the trash line.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:50 PM)milksheikh Wrote: They missed on the o line picks but definitely not the running back.

Joe Mixon is extremely talented... He's doing everything he's been able to with the trash line.

Yeah, agreed. I should have clarified.

Reply/Quote
There will always be a certain amount of fans wanting a different QB no matter how good or bad he plays.
In 2015 before AD broke his thumb there were people pretending Andy just wasn't good enough. They obviously weren't in the majority, but they were out there. 
As Dre said in his interview the other side is also paid to make big plays. Other than the Bengals and perhaps the Browns there's no other team that pays anyone to play terrible.. Those guys are probably paid by the gambling syndicates anyway..
Seriously though, Andy could have the greatest season in NFL history and there would always be people you can count on to demand he gets benched or traded for someone who wouldn't play half as good.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Who cares about the fans; what about the front office do they know.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: We see what happens to a QB when they lose their running game and LT.

Just Dalton.  Cowboys, Pats, Steelers, Packers, all preferential treatment.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals did acknowledge it. 1st and 2nd round OT’s and a 2nd round RB drafted. They just missed on the picks (the oline picks that is).

I somewhat agree with that, but also somewhat do not. They acknowledged it a couple seasons ago, but they made bad selections and refused to acknowledge that these players haven't panned out. They were banking on hope of development, which hasn't happened (enough) in 2.5 seasons for the OTs, 3.5 seasons for C, and using an UDFA for RG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Funny thing is, Prescott throws one in the dirt nowhere near his receiver and then throws one about 10ft over the head of a wide open receiver and the announcers talk about him being rushed.......
Reply/Quote
Their run game is still worlds better than ours. They're 4th in rushing and 2nd in YPC. They're averaging 109.5 rush yards in 2 games without Zeke. We've had 1 game all year with more than 86 rush yards, and we're averaging 52.0 rush yards in 5 games since the BYE. I've never seen a run game so anemic from any team in the NFL in 25 years as a fan.

Even through all that, Dalton is having a slightly better season than Dak:

Andy: 183-296-2158-16-8 (90.7) - keep in mind he had 0 TDs and 4 INTs in 2 games with Zampese
Dak: 201-322-2139-16-7 (89.3)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Not a chance....this city loves Dak
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 01:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Their run game is still worlds better than ours. They're 4th in rushing and 2nd in YPC. They're averaging 109.5 rush yards in 2 games without Zeke. We've had 1 game all year with more than 86 rush yards, and we're averaging 52.0 rush yards in 5 games since the BYE. I've never seen a run game so anemic from any team in the NFL in 25 years as a fan.

Even through all that, Dalton is having a slightly better season than Dak:

Andy: 183-296-2158-16-8 (90.7) - keep in mind he had 0 TDs and 4 INTs in 2 games with Zampese
Dak: 201-322-2139-16-7 (89.3)

To be fair, Dalton has more experience than Dak.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals did acknowledge it. 1st and 2nd round OT’s and a 2nd round RB drafted. They just missed on the picks (the oline picks that is).

I don't know that we know that Mixon was a hit yet. He is averaging 2.9 ypc.

We know the offensive line is terrible...but they have to be creating atleast some holes for him that he's missing.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know that we know that Mixon was a hit yet. He is averaging 2.9 ypc.

We know the offensive line is terrible...but they have to be creating atleast some holes for him that he's missing.

I'm sure there is. I do wish he would just plant and go sometimes. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 01:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I somewhat agree with that, but also somewhat do not. They acknowledged it a couple seasons ago, but they made bad selections and refused to acknowledge that these players haven't panned out. They were banking on hope of development, which hasn't happened (enough) in 2.5 seasons for the OTs, 3.5 seasons for C, and using an UDFA for RG.

Well they hadn't really played enough at that point to know if they would pan out.. Many a player has struggled their first couple years before pulling it together
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, Dalton has more experience than Dak.

He does. But he also has a better situation easily. It's not nearly as good as last year, hence the drop off, but they're doubling up on us in rush yards.

I'm actually more impressed with Dak this year because he's proving he can still play solid when the situation isn't great.

It's the same reason I probably think more of Dalton's last 2 seasons than most. He's putting up solid numbers in one of the worst situations I've seen.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dallas still has a strong interior line - ours is possibly the worst in the league as our Center is easily the worst in the NFL and RG is not much better. LG is about average which instantly makes it the best position on the line. Imagine this offense if the team braintrust understood that Centers and Guards are just as important as Tackles and that poor technique is devastating (a lot of our issues with defenders flying in unblocked are down to poor technique).
Reply/Quote
Dalton has it pretty easy compared to Tyrod Taylor.

The guy has 14 TDs to 5 TOs and a winning record as a starting QB on a team that traded away their best WR to start the year but was still contending for their first playoffs appearance since 1999 and he got benched for a 5th round rookie who threw 5 INTs in one half of football.
Reply/Quote