Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal fans take note
(11-20-2017, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: We see what happens to a QB when they lose their running game and LT.

Will Cowboy fans turn on Prescott? Will they call for his backup to start after his last two games?

Or is it just Dalton who has to shine with a struggling LT and run game in order to keep his job?

Is Prescott a red-head?  Then he has nothing to worry about.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Cowboys were at least smart to acknowledge the need for a good OL and running game.
The Bengals, however, were not.

And I blame Dalton for that!!!
Reply/Quote
well half of Dallas was clamoring for Romo last year when they were in first place soooo.............
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well they hadn't really played enough at that point to know if they would pan out.. Many a player has struggled their first couple years before pulling it together

That's debatable.

Argument For - Ogbuehi was hurt most of rookie year and then playing RT for most of last year. He had only had a few games at LT. Perhaps the jury was still out and all that was really known was he couldn't be a good RT. Fisher played 6th tackle as a rookie and only played sparingly last year until toward the end of the season. Similar to Ogbuehi, not a full season as a starter yet.

Against - Ogbuehi has not shown any quality play in his first two seasons and his scouting leading up to the draft indicated as much that he would struggle at OT in the NFL. He couldn't handle power and sucked at LT in college. There wasn't really any evidence through two years with the Bengals that would give confidence he would become a quality OT. It was really just faith/hope. Fisher was a bit more promising, but also struggled with power in college.

I understand the desire to get them both playing time and putting trust in Alexander who has been the OL coach for great players like Anderson, Jones, and Whitworth. But the big concern was there was very little insurance in terms of depth in case neither Ogbuehi nor Fisher panned out. Smith can only play one spot, so if both of those guys suck, one side will be a liability.

Even if the Bengals do want to stick with Ogbuehi and/or Fisher as a starter next season (for whatever reason), they need to sign/draft at least one OT that can push them to at least be better or supplant them as the starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals did acknowledge it. 1st and 2nd round OT’s and a 2nd round RB drafted. They just missed on the picks (the oline picks that is).

I'd give you that if there wasn't evidence on tape last year from Ced and Fischer pointing to how bad they were. They acknowledged it two years ago. They should have last offseason as well. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 09:37 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd give you that if there wasn't evidence on tape last year from Ced and Fischer pointing to how bad they were. They acknowledged it two years ago. They should have last offseason as well. 

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong... They couldn't just quit on the top two picks from 3 drafts ago. It's the organization's job to make them better. They're failing at it, but it's their job... But... I think they can safely start looking to move on from Ogbuehi now. Or hopefully a new regime can do a better job with him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: We see what happens to a QB when they lose their running game and LT.

Will Cowboy fans turn on Prescott? Will they call for his backup to start after his last two games?

Or is it just Dalton who has to shine with a struggling LT and run game in order to keep his job?

Reactions to Dalton are far from knee jerk reactions. We have years of performances that factor into our opinions on Dalton.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton has it pretty easy compared to Tyrod Taylor.

The guy has 14 TDs to 5 TOs and a winning record as a starting QB on a team that traded away their best WR to start the year but was still contending for their first playoffs appearance since 1999 and he got benched for a 5th round rookie who threw 5 INTs in one half of football.

Damn, what are those guys thinking in Buffalo?

To the OP, nah, Cowboy fans still love Dak even though he honestly isn't that special. He usually is good at taking
care of the ball and that is all they need out of their QB. Ours has to win games without a running game, poor pass
protection, no pocket to step into, Receivers that don't get seperation (besides AJ) and a HC that sticks his bidness
into the Offense and sabotages our Offense every 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Is Prescott a red-head?  Then he has nothing to worry about.  

Is Wentz?  Is his star going to plummet soon?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Wentz?  Is his star going to plummet soon?

Went is a 6'5" 235 lb former 2nd overall pick with a big arm. That stuff offsets his red hair.  Mellow

That, and Eagles fans aren't all pent up from a 27 year playoff-win drought, so I doubt they'll freak if he throws a few in the dirt.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 05:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Went is a 6'5" 235 lb former 2nd overall pick with a big arm. That stuff offsets his red hair.  Mellow

That, and Eagles fans aren't all pent up from a 27 year playoff-win drought, so I doubt they'll freak if he throws a few in the dirt.

Philly fans boo every thing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Philly fans boo every thing. 

Meh, maybe they will eventually boo Wentz. He's not going to be 9-1 and the toast of the town forever. 

I just know that Cincy tends to be more fickle with their QB's, judging by how they treated Kenny, Palmer and Dalton through the years.

Philly did hate McNabb, but they made their mind up on him on draft day. They seem to like Wentz.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals did acknowledge it. 1st and 2nd round OT’s and a 2nd round RB drafted. They just missed on the picks (the oline picks that is).

Did they?  Or did they whiff on who is coaching them and installing a scheme that me and my ultimate frisbee team from college could defend?  Not because we are bigger and stronger, but because we know EXACTLY WHERE EVERYTHING IS COMING.  
Reply/Quote