Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal games you attended
I will tell you the worst fan base I ever experienced was the Steeler fans at the 2005 playoff game where Carson Palmer got hurt. There were groups around us laughing and sticking their smelly butts in our face in front of us. I just wanted to leave. Kitner did okay, but the Steeler fans even tried to hit on my friend. She's too good looking for them.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I was in Denver in '06 when the Bengals lost on a missed extra point. Most of the Broncos fans were pretty easy going, I just had a drunk idiot next to me that got more obnoxious as the game went on. The thing I remember most is not being able to feel my feet until we were halfway home.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was surrounded by Packer fans in the back row of Paul Brown Stadium in 2005. It was one of, if not the only time Favre played in Cincy... They were sweet as could be. Colts fans seem to be pretty mellow too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I had a pretty good time with some Atlanta fans back when they had Vick too. They came outta the tunnel , and turned to the crowd yelling "Dirty Birds in da house". Turns out they were right in front of me. They took some flack as they made their way to their seats. They then let everyone know they drove up to help get the Bengals on TV.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 09:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I saw the Bengals/Patriots game in the pouring rain in Cincy, and I'm from Pittsburgh so I saw them play the Steelers in that freezing ass game where Huber had his jaw broken and it was 21-0 before you knew it.  Oh, and my NFC team is the Bears and I saw them beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh that same year.

Interesting thing about sitting near Steeler fans is that when the game is close they are interested, but whenever the Bears got up by more than 1 score they started talking about how many Super Bowls they had.  Then the Steelers closed the gap and people were talking about the current game until Peppers took the ball from Pig Ben and sealed the game.  Then they all started talking about how many Super Bowls they have as they left.

What a predictable crowd...

(07-28-2017, 09:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: One of my favorite Bengals games I have went to was in 2011 vs the Browns. I was pretty smashed before I even entered the stadium tbh. Green had a awesome catch that game, and a Canadian couple bought me and my cousin a lot of beer because we were acting a fool already, lol. Free beer always makes anything better.

Free cold ones be great no doubt brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 12:10 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I will tell you the worst fan base I ever experienced was the Steeler fans at the 2005 playoff game where Carson Palmer got hurt. There were groups around us laughing and sticking their smelly butts in our face in front of us. I just wanted to leave. Kitner did okay, but the Steeler fans even tried to hit on my friend. She's too good looking for them.

Scumbags i tell yah.

They wonder why we laugh now when the Pig gets hurt...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 06:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think it will.

You oughta go to our Stealer home game so we can finally win one of those at home TT.

I'd love to, but it didn't jive with my wife's schedule.  I'd love to snag me a pissy towel for a trophy.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I went to home games against the Patriots in '06 (where the Bengals got the crap beat out of them), which was a terrible day for my first ever game at a stadium and '13 when the Bengals won the game in the pouring rain. Both times, I was surrounded by Bengals fans everywhere, and didn't see many Pats fans, but I actually did travel eight hours with Pats fans to catch the game in '13, so that was a lot of fun to talk trash the whole game with them, but only in good fun. I don't remember any obnoxiousness from anybody in the stadium during either game, but do remember breaking my sunglasses in disgust after the game in '06 (not intentionally, but I tossed my Bengals hat in disgust, and forgot that I had my sunglasses on them).
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Scumbags i tell yah.

They wonder why we laugh now when the Pig gets hurt...

Yeah, Nate, I hear ya.  I always had a healthy disdain for that team, but only as a division rival (like I do the Browns and Ravens).  After the 2005 playoff crapola, and the other dirty plays over the years, it's turned into a loathing that I don't have for any other team.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'd love to, but it didn't jive with my wife's schedule.  I'd love to snag me a pissy towel for a trophy.

Too bad, have to get 'er done without yah.

(07-28-2017, 04:15 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Yeah, Nate, I hear ya.  I always had a healthy disdain for that team, but only as a division rival (like I do the Browns and Ravens).  After the 2005 playoff crapola, and the other dirty plays over the years, it's turned into a loathing that I don't have for any other team.

No doubt, if they had some class when Palmer went down it would be different.

Not many fans have that lack of compassion for a player from another team. I doubt any are as bad as Stealer fans.

I bet they would cheer if one of our players died on the field, wouldn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 09:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: One of my favorite Bengals games I have went to was in 2011 vs the Browns. I was pretty smashed before I even entered the stadium tbh. Green had a awesome catch that game, and a Canadian couple bought me and my cousin a lot of beer because we were acting a fool already, lol. Free beer always makes anything better.

That was the first game i ever took my boys to. Ugly weather day but a great time and memories. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Best Away: Titans very easy going crowd and Chiefs: loud and proud, great tailgating with
Worse away: Browns: very rough especially out around the arena and even tailgating

Best Home Crowd: Packers: hate their cheer but as a whole pretty nice and fun to tailgate with
Worse Home Crowd: Steelers: way too much tension when they come to town.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 09:57 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Best Away:  Titans   very easy going crowd and Chiefs:  loud and proud, great tailgating with
Worse away:  Browns:  very rough especially out around the arena and even tailgating

Best Home Crowd:  Packers:  hate their cheer but as a whole pretty nice and fun to tailgate with
Worse Home Crowd:  Steelers:  way too much tension when they come to town.

What? Our cheer is bad lol.
Reply/Quote
My brother took me to riverfront Stadium back in 1998. It was my first Bengals game that I attended. Tampa Bay beat us 44-0 and it was freezing. They were definitely the Bungles back then. I even wanted a Tampa Bay jersey after the game. My brother said no.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:03 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Out of any Bengal games you guys have attended which fanbase was the classiest and which one was the most obnoxious as far as If it was a home or road game?

Classiest:  None...only teams like the Colts have mild fanbases IMHO.

Aside from our own Packerbacker, I was floored at how obnoxious their fans were....but no one is as bad as the work-release steeler fans.  
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Classiest:  None...only teams like the Colts have mild fanbases IMHO.

Aside from our own Packerbacker, I was floored at how obnoxious their fans were....but no one is as bad as the work-release steeler fans.  

Who was obnoxious?
Reply/Quote
I saw the Bengals play in Oakland back when Dillon was here in the late 90s.

I'm not gonna lie, I wore a Raiders shirt. Probably a good move since I saw a couple people get the shit beat out of them for wearing other team's stuff.
Reply/Quote
Steelers fans are the only people I know who show up in a Steelers jersey to a Ravens @ Bengals game.

That should really tell you everything you need to know about them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Steeler and Browns fans garner most classless status, obviously. Ravens fans would be up there too if enough of them bothered to show up.

But, outside of the division, I'd say it's a toss-up between Cowboys and Bears fans. Cowboys fans were a bunch of toothless Okies, and no lie, every Bears fan looks like this:

[Image: superfans.jpg?w=640&h=273]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 04:58 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Who was obnoxious?

The Packer Fans...They were hammered drunk and were more cheering against the Bengals than rooting for their team.  Lots of slams about no titles.  Whatever, all is fair, but they were obnoxious as hell.
Reply/Quote