Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal pluggers
There have been 139 NFL RBs who rushed for 5000+ yards.

Only 7 of those 139 had a per-carry average lower than Pete Johnson's 3.78.

One of them is Cedric Benson (3.76).

I have always acknowledged that Benson total yards were just the result of a lot of carries, but I will always love him for the '09 playoff game against the Jets. Best individual post-season performance in Bengal history. Wasn't just the 181 yards (169 rush on 21 carries plus 12 receiving). It was the way he gained them. He was running all over people. He looked like Marshawn Lynch. Punishing.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There have been 139 NFL RBs who rushed for 5000+ yards.

Only 7 of those 139 had a per-carry average lower than Pete Johnson's 3.78.

One of them is Cedric Benson (3.76).

I have always acknowledged that Benson total yards were just the result of a lot of carries, but I will always love him for the '09 playoff game against the Jets.  Best individual post-season performance in Bengal history.  Wasn't just the 181 yards (169 rush on 21 carries plus 12 receiving).  It was the way he gained them.  He was running all over people.  He looked like Marshawn Lynch.  Punishing.

Yeah Cedric Benson was really fun to watch when he was here. That playoff game was really something. That was a little over 8yds per carry and obviously running backs can have a big run to skew the numbers but I honestly think he didn't have a run of less than 5yds that game. I remember afterwards feeling a little extra bad that we didn't get the win for him with the performance he had. The playoffs give a chance for individual players to step up and have a great performance like a Marshawn Lynch. That was up there with one of the best ones I've watched. If Shayne Graham hadn't forgotten how to kick he probably would've gotten us that win.
Reply/Quote
Loved that game vs the Bears too.... where we did not punt all game
Reply/Quote
Thought this thread was about who was stopping up the commodes at PBS...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Thought this thread was about who was stopping up the commodes at PBS...

I thought it was going to pitch an inappropriate product. I expected there to be a NSFW link.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote