Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengal related fantasy football question.
I don't play fantasy football so I don't understand how points are scored. I just saw that in 2017 John Ross had (-1) fantasy points for the season.

How can a player have negative points in fantasy football?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't play fantasy football so I don't understand how points are scored. I just saw that in 2017 John Ross had (-1) fantasy points for the season.

Fumbled then got hurt and basically missed the whole season.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fumbled then got hurt and basically missed the whole season.

Ah.  I knew he had no receptions.  I forgot about the fumble on the reverse.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't play fantasy football so I don't understand how points are scored.  I just saw that in 2017 John Ross had (-1) fantasy points for the season.

Sucking really bad
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, bad fantasy player. I'll say this though, I had AJ Green last year, and picked up Tyler Boyd in FA pool, and was absolutely killing it....until the toe and the knee. Cry

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sucking really bad

^^ This.

He played in 3 games in 2017 and had 1 start. He wasn't injured the entire season as many people say.

He was targeted 3 times by Dalton, catching none of them.

Then he fumbled on the reverse.

Then he was on the healthy inactive list for several weeks.

Then he posts videos of him in practice, saying he should be playing on Sundays and not inactive.

Then he's suddenly on IR.

All explained away by being injured. I'm not sure how an injury explains all that non-sense.

Reply/Quote
Fumbled once and that was pretty much his entire season.

Kinda reminds me of that CB we picked up in free agency a few years back. Jason Allen I think his name was.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I had John Ross on my watchlist that year... I was ready to pounce with the waiver claim.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't play fantasy football so I don't understand how points are scored. I just saw that in 2017 John Ross had (-1) fantasy points for the season.

Man... You should get into a league this year. It's not like I know you personally, but it seems that most people that really like stats, analytics, and football in general really like fantasy football. Of course you will have those uncomfortable moments when Julio Jones is on your team, and the Bengals are playing the Falcons... It's still fun though. I never really watched a lot of other teams play until I started playing fantasy football.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 11:02 PM)jason Wrote: Man... You should get into a league this year. It's not like I know you personally, but it seems that most people that really like stats, analytics, and football in general really like fantasy football. Of course you will have those uncomfortable moments when Julio Jones is on your team, and the Bengals are playing the Falcons... It's still fun though. I never really watched a lot of other teams play until I started playing fantasy football.

This past year I missed the draft for the PnR fantasy league, and autodrafted Ben Turdberger. Even though from a fantasy perspective it was a really dumb move, I released him immediately. No way I'm having that trash on my team, even if its just fantasy football.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 11:23 PM)treee Wrote: This past year I missed the draft for the PnR fantasy league, and autodrafted Ben Turdberger. Even though from a fantasy perspective it was a really dumb move, I released him immediately. No way I'm having that trash on my team, even if its just fantasy football.

A couple of years ago I drafted AB. I didn't have any good RBs to start the year. Bell was suspended, so I picked up DeAngelo Williams. He killed it for a few weeks.

Andy Dalton was my QB (2015 Dalton)... He gets hurt... Guess who was available at QB... Ben.

Later I ended up with Chris Boswell too.

I make it to the championship. That week the Ravens beat the Steelers, and held them to a couple FGs or something. I lost money because I had too many Steelers on my team. To make matters worse, the Steelers beat us in the playoffs the following week.

I haven't had another Steeler on a fantasy team ever since

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 11:23 PM)treee Wrote: This past year I missed the draft for the PnR fantasy league, and autodrafted Ben Turdberger. Even though from a fantasy perspective it was a really dumb move, I released him immediately. No way I'm having that trash on my team, even if its just fantasy football.

It’s tough to the emotions out of it. One of the toughest parts about playing. I fail at it a lot. Knowing I could have a good player on the field and a better shot at winning that week, vs. Bengal pride. Bengal pride normally wins. Well, unless it’s on fanduel. Somehow the money factor makes it easier to do whatever it takes to win.

Reply/Quote
I've had Ben, LeVeon, and Juju at different times. It's fantasy football. To me, they're just names on a page.

I'm not whipping out a terrible towel on Sunday's just because Juju was on my fantasy roster.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 09:41 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It’s tough to the emotions out of it. One of the toughest parts about playing. I fail at it a lot. Knowing I could have a good player on the field and a better shot at winning that week, vs. Bengal pride. Bengal pride normally wins. Well, unless it’s on fanduel. Somehow the money factor makes it easier to do whatever it takes to win.

You just have to pull for a big game from that player in a losing effort in real life. I had Steve Smith a few years ago when he was with the Ravens. I started him against us in a back and forth game. He caught a 60 yrd (maybe more) TD on us to put the Ravens ahead... That's big points in PPR. The very next play AJ Green scores an 80 yard TD to win the game... Couldn't have worked out better.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 09:41 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It’s tough to the emotions out of it. One of the toughest parts about playing. I fail at it a lot. Knowing I could have a good player on the field and a better shot at winning that week, vs. Bengal pride. Bengal pride normally wins. Well, unless it’s on fanduel. Somehow the money factor makes it easier to do whatever it takes to win.

I pretty much started any rb vs the Bengals every given week last season in FanDuel. It worked out alright.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 12:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I pretty much started any rb vs the Bengals every given week last season in FanDuel. It worked out alright.

Tight ends too...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I quit playing FF once I realized that I continually forget to check up on things. The last time I played by the end of the season nearly my entire team was on injured reserves and the few still active weren't doing all that spiffy.. My starting QB(s) had been injured at least 3 games in with me in dead last place.. Oh well.. So much for picking the winners.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 12:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I pretty much started any rb vs the Bengals every given week last season in FanDuel. It worked out alright.

LOL after about week 8, I did too.

Reply/Quote
Fred you have to try ffb...........been playing 25+ yrs..........I remember making player moves via phone call to an 800 number in St Louis.......LOL

It was my way of enjoying football again because our Bengals sucked real bad in the 90's
Reply/Quote
Hey, he wasn't a bad player last year!

Continually got around 10 points from him, for the first 12 games of the year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote