Poll: How should the league payout?
Winner takes all
Top 3 finishers win something.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengalboard Fanduel
(09-12-2021, 01:00 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I was late to the party. Glad to see it fill up though!

I will make it 6 next week.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3 spots remain today. 2 must be filled for money game.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:05 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: 3 spots remain today. 2 must be filled for money game.

Full now

Enjoy my money. Mellow

lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Full now

NICE!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 01:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: NICE!

Dammit!!  Had I realized that we were going to have a for real contest, I would have taken better time putting together an actual lineup..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 02:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dammit!!  Had I realized that we were going to have a for real contest, I would have taken better time putting together an actual lineup..   Ninja

lol. I did it on the fly at the last minute with no thought to who was playing who, etc. 

I'm afraid to go look at my "score". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 02:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dammit!!  Had I realized that we were going to have a for real contest, I would have taken better time putting together an actual lineup..   Ninja

(09-26-2021, 06:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. I did it on the fly at the last minute with no thought to who was playing who, etc. 

I'm afraid to go look at my "score". 

Cool

Reply/Quote
1 entry needed for money game, 2 to fill.

Reply/Quote
Last week we were short again so it turned into a free game. There’s still 4 spots left for today contest. If we don’t fill, next week I will probably reduce to 4 positions instead of 5 in an attempt to avoid free games. Free games suck.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Last week we were short again so it turned into a free game. There’s still 4 spots left for today contest. If we don’t fill, next week I will probably reduce to 4 positions instead of 5 in an attempt to avoid free games. Free games suck.

Yeah, especially when you finally pick a decent lineup and win... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, especially when you finally pick a decent lineup and win... Mellow

Yep. Similar to the time I had to take this pill everyday and was just about ready to score with my wife and then… oh, never mind.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Last week we were short again so it turned into a free game. There’s still 4 spots left for today contest. If we don’t fill, next week I will probably reduce to 4 positions instead of 5 in an attempt to avoid free games. Free games suck.

Ever consider making it like 4 spots with a $5 entry? If that's all there is, consistently, better to fill it up for sure and just up the entry a couple bucks to make it worthwhile.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ever consider making it like 4 spots with a $5 entry? If that's all there is, consistently, better to fill it up for sure and just up the entry a couple bucks to make it worthwhile.

That would be up to the others but I’m ok with it. The reason I don’t want to go lower than 5 is because Fanduel will cover the 5th spot. They will cover any contest that is 80% full which means free money. But I’m good with whatever going forward.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:30 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That would be up to the others but I’m ok with it. The reason I don’t want to go lower than 5 is because Fanduel will cover the 5th spot. They will cover any contest that is 80% full which means free money. But I’m good with whatever going forward.

Ahh. So if you set it for 5 and we have 4 consistenly, we are covered. I'd put it up for a vote on the $5. I'd do it. 

Money isn't anything to sneeze at but i'd rather have $20 up for grabs than $8-10.

If it's a "no", i'm still good to play for the funzies.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahh. So if you set it for 5 and we have 4 consistenly, we are covered. I'd put it up for a vote on the $5. I'd do it. 

Money isn't anything to sneeze at but i'd rather have $20 up for grabs than $8-10.

If it's a "no", i'm still good to play for the funzies.

I think it’s been $2 for the last 4yrs. We kept it low to encourage participation. What does everyone think of a $5 entry going forward? Of course it would have to be unanimous because we can afford to lose anybody. 

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with wasting $2/week on a fun game among friends. My worry is that if we take the pot up a bit, we'll encourage dudes using enhanced assistance to pick their teams.

In other words, I like playing for fun against others just picking teams using their own wit, rather than guys plugging in picks supplied from an algorithm or subscription service.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm fine with wasting $2/week on a fun game among friends.  My worry is that if we take the pot up a bit, we'll encourage dudes using enhanced assistance to pick their teams.

In other words, I like playing for fun against others just picking teams using their own wit, rather than guys plugging in picks supplied from an algorithm or subscription service.

Understood. We will keep it at $2. As far a algorithms go though, you should not fear them. As someone who has ran thousands of them, they are only effective when you play them in mass quantities, like say 50-100 different rosters (which I have done frequently). They are for those with big money to spend (well, I would play 100 rosters in the nickel entry games, so not really big money). 90% of the time I would break even. It’s all about that lucky sleeper pick or two hitting big numbers.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 01:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Understood. We will keep it at $2. As far a algorithms go though, you should not fear them. As someone who has ran thousands of them, they are only effective when you play them in mass quantities, like say 50-100 different rosters (which I have done frequently). They are for those with big money to spend (well, I would play 100 rosters in the nickel entry games, so not really big money). 90% of the time I would break even. It’s all about that lucky sleeper pick or two hitting big numbers.

That's the thing with me. I just get on there and roll with whoever looks good that day. I don't do any of that multiple lineup, algorithm, guru stuff. Just pick and roll. 

That's pretty much why, for me, it's no different than attempting to win the lottery. 

Reply/Quote
Need 1 more for money game, 2 to fill.

Reply/Quote
Still need players

Reply/Quote