Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengalholic's Mock
Rd 1     T- Penei Sewell     Oregon

While Pitts would be my first choice, I think he goes to the Falcons. I've been back and forth on Sewell and Chase, and while I think both would be great additions and instantly make this team better...I settled on Sewell in this mock. Not only is he extremely talented, but he brings an intensity and aggressiveness that the line desperately needs. It allows them to move Reiff to G, which also elevates the interior greatly.

Rd 2     WR- Terrace Marshall Jr    LSU    

We might not have gotten Chase, but with this pick we still get an extremely talented LSU receiver. There's a chance he goes in the 1st, but I've seen him mocked a lot in the 2nd lately. He gives Burrow a legit 3rd option behind Tee and Tyler. Marshall brings just about every attribute you want in a receiver and I think he still has a lot of upside.

Rd 3     TE- Brevin Jordan       Miami

Jordan not only gives Burrow another very talented weapon, but also adds depth and insurance to a position that needs it. If Jordan can stay healthy, he should be able to contribute right away, as he's also a capable blocker.

Rd 4   DE- Patrick Jones II     Pitt

A talented, but still work in progress, edge rusher. When he's on his game and utilizing his skillset properly, he can wreak havoc. While there's still things he needs to improve on, his potential based on what he already brings to the table is enough to get you excited about his future. 

Rd 5   DT- Darius Stills     West Virginia

This pick is one I really like because he can be disruptive and bring pressure inside. While he's on the smaller side, he still has good leverage and strong hands, to go along with his quickness and aggressiveness. 

Rd 6   RB- Khalil Herbert     Virgina Tech

A good fit for the wide zone run scheme, who can also catch the ball well and is a willing blocker.

Rd 6   G- Alaric Jackson     Iowa

Jackson brings some very good traits and experience to the table, but also has issues that need to be worked on and corrected. At this point in the draft, it's a good value and could pay off with him becoming a solid starter.

Rd 7   CB- Olaijah Griffin     USC

Didn't get a K or LB that I was hoping to add, so went with Griffin, adding a decent project to the CB room.
Reply/Quote
If those top 3 picks happen this team has a bright future.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love this Mock Holic. Tiger

Stamp of approval for sure. I was waiting on the Guard to come getting Alaric that late is a steal IMO.

Great Mock, definitely one of the best I have seen, might be the best. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling I’m gonna like you draft better than Tobin’s.
Reply/Quote
Of course I'm a big Darius Stills fan. He was very disruptive for WVU over the last two seasons...and he was really playing out of position as their Nose Tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Of course I'm a big Darius Stills fan. He was very disruptive for WVU over the last two seasons...and he was really playing out of position as their Nose Tackle.

Yeah, he is a perfect 3-tech, just what we need if we don't grab Hurst and even if we did I would like to get Stills especially 
THAT late. Think he will go in the 3rd or 4th at the latest.
Reply/Quote
Overall a very solid draft
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is a perfect 3-tech, just what we need if we don't grab Hurst and even if we did I would like to get Stills especially 

IDK, most of the projections I've seen have been day 3. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK, most of the projections I've seen have been day 3. 

Cool, hope we get him. Reminds me a lot of Geno when he came out of Georgia, just not as big of a school...

and as Synric said wasn't used right, way too small to be expected to play NT.
Reply/Quote
I'd take this draft all day any day.

The question is...  would you give up some draft capital(if not this draft, but the next instead)to move up for Marshall?

I think Toney is a very talented gadget, slot, whatever type WR, but not what the team really needs.  I'm not even sure he drops to the 2nd.

IMO Marshall is the way to go if Sewell is the pick at #5.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Of course I'm a big Darius Stills fan. He was very disruptive for WVU over the last two seasons...and he was really playing out of position as their Nose Tackle.

Yeah, the fact he was such a force while having to play NT at his size, really gets you stoked thinking about what he could do as a pure 3 technique, especially on passing downs. He has some of the most vicious handwork I've seen.
Reply/Quote
This is the perfect draft, IMO.

I know a lot of people keep saying Marshall won't be there, but most mocks I see have him going mid-2nd. I gotta say, if we take Chase and Marshall is still sitting there in the 2nd...I'm going to be ticked.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd take this draft all day any day.

The question is...  would you give up some draft capital(if not this draft, but the next instead)to move up for Marshall?

I think Toney is a very talented gadget, slot, whatever type WR, but not what the team really needs.  I'm not even sure he drops to the 2nd.

IMO Marshall is the way to go if Sewell is the pick at #5.

I'd rather take Sewell and give up a couple picks to ensure we get Marshall than to pick Chase and hope we get a decent lineman in the 2nd. We've had terrible luck taking linemen in that range, but we've taken some fantastic receivers there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd be very happy if things fell this way. Good job!
Reply/Quote
Good draft! The only pick I'd question is Brevin Jordan. A little to short for my liking at TE. Just a personal preference.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Good draft! The only pick I'd question is Brevin Jordan. A little to short for my liking at TE. Just a personal preference.

If he's not taken Tremble is a good option in 4th/5th rd if available.

He could be good depth and start special teams day one.

Very dedicated blocker with good hands too.  Kind of what you'd expect Sample to be.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Great mock, would not be disappointed if turned out this way. Tiger

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

(04-15-2021, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is a perfect 3-tech, just what we need if we don't grab Hurst and even if we did I would like to get Stills especially 

(04-15-2021, 07:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK, most of the projections I've seen have been day 3. 

Stills - saw him here and looked him up and then ran 10+ simulations on PFF.  He was picked in the 5th round every time, even though PFF has him at like the 240+ ranked prospect.  Very strange.
Reply/Quote
The Sewell and Marshall combo has gotten pretty popular lately. And I’m a fan. But I’m not a fan of waiting that long to get another OL.

I like Tremble more than any TE not named Pitts. I’ll have to take a look a Brevin again. 69 feels early for any TE with all of our other needs though.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:24 PM)Stewy Wrote: Stills - saw him here and looked him up and then ran 10+ simulations on PFF.  He was picked in the 5th round every time, even though PFF has him at like the 240+ ranked prospect.  Very strange.

Underrated everywhere it seems. Would be over the moon if we got him in the 5th.
Reply/Quote