Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengalholic saved our community
I know this topic may not belong here but I think we should acknowledge how lucky we are as fans to have this site.  We may take it for granted and I visit the site several times a day.   If this forum wasn't developed I would be lost as a fan and that's no joke.  In most ways it is better than the original site.  

We owe a big thanks to Bengalholic and others who are moderators/administrators of this forum.  Use this thread to show them love Wub
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Could not agree more!
Thank you all for a great site!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 01:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this topic may not belong here but I think we should acknowledge how lucky we are as fans to have this site.  We may take it for granted and I visit the site several times a day.   If this forum wasn't developed I would be lost as a fan and that's no joke.  In most ways it is better than the original site.  

We owe a big thanks to Bengalholic and others who are moderators of this forum.  Use this thread to show them love Wub

I won't take it for granted.  I live with a wife and two daughters, I HAVE to come here to talk football! LOL

That said, we owe 'holic a HUGE thanks for getting this thing off of the ground.  Then, he and the staff had to relaunch the thing after someone took their ball and went home.  We came dangerously close to losing this community for the second time.  The staff came together and acted swiftly to get it back up and going, and reached out to members to let them know the scoop.  That was a lot of work, and they got it handled, hat's off.

Also, we have a great bunch of posters here.  They keep it lively and interesting here, and bring a lot of good opinion and insight to the discussion.  We have guys that study the draft, guys that keep up with the FA goings on.....this is a very good place to come get info on the Bengals and even some other teams all condensed into one site thanks to a lot of the posters here.  Thanks to all of you as well.

To me, this site is leaps and bounds better than the mothership due to the lack of censorship of less than favorable views of the organization.  Thanks to holic and staff, and thanks to all of the members here for providing such a great place to talk Bengals football.  Everyone deserves a pat on the back.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: I won't take it for granted.  I live with a wife and two daughters, I HAVE to come here to talk football! LOL

That said, we owe 'holic a HUGE thanks for getting this thing off of the ground.  Then, he and the staff had to relaunch the thing after someone took their ball and went home.  We came dangerously close to losing this community for the second time.  The staff came together and acted swiftly to get it back up and going, and reached out to members to let them know the scoop.  That was a lot of work, and they got it handled, hat's off.

Also, we have a great bunch of posters here.  They keep it lively and interesting here, and bring a lot of good opinion and insight to the discussion.  We have guys that study the draft, guys that keep up with the FA goings on.....this is a very good place to come get info on the Bengals and even some other teams all condensed into one site thanks to a lot of the posters here.  Thanks to all of you as well.

To me, this site is leaps and bounds better than the mothership due to the lack of censorship of less than favorable views of the organization.  Thanks to holic and staff, and thanks to all of the members here for providing such a great place to talk Bengals football.  Everyone deserves a pat on the back.

Like always you bring up a good point.  We have some great fans on this forum.  They are smart and informative I learned a lot about players.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Yep, this site is fantastic! A huge 'Thank You' to Bengalholic, as well as the many other members here that make this forum worth coming to and discuss all things Orange N' Black.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200.webp#18]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
:andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:

Thank you mods and Bengalholic!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like always you bring up a good point.  We have some great fans on this forum.  They are smart and informative I learned a lot about players.  

I think one of the things I like the most about this site and these posters is what I learn about other teams, and about college players that I haven't watched as closely as I have others from regional conferences.  There is A LOT of good insight here on those two subjects.  That's something most teams' forums don't delve into as much from what I've seen.  We even have guys doing scouting here....and can't forget about the luxury of having our own beat writer, Jim O, being a member here.  This board kicks ass.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think one of the things I like the most about this site and these posters is what I learn about other teams, and about college players that I haven't watched as closely as I have others from regional conferences.  There is A LOT of good insight here on those two subjects.  That's something most teams' forums don't delve into as much from what I've seen.  We even have guys doing scouting here....and can't forget about the luxury of having our own beat writer, Jim O, being a member here.  This board kicks ass.

Having Jim on here is awesome.  Plus there seems to be more freedom.  I like the organization of topics.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Having Jim on here is awesome.  Plus there seems to be more freedom.  I like the organization of topics.  

Absolutely. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 01:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this topic may not belong here but I think we should acknowledge how lucky we are as fans to have this site.  We may take it for granted and I visit the site several times a day.   If this forum wasn't developed I would be lost as a fan and that's no joke.  In most ways it is better than the original site.  

We owe a big thanks to Bengalholic and others who are moderators of this forum.  Use this thread to show them love Wub

Last time I showed them my love they suspended me. Wink 

So, I am going to just let them cherish the memory of that golden moment.

But seriously, I hope they know they are loved, 'cause they are.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Just like with the old Bengals forum I always start posting more when it comes to Free Agency and draft time when things at work slow down this time of year and there isn't as much sports and fantasy stuff to keep up with in my down time. This site is amazing and Bengalholic really did a great job saving this community that many of us have been a part for a long time. I am 32 now and have been posting on the old Bengals site and now here for probably 10 years. Just crazy to think of being part of a group of people like this for so long.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Not only saved it, but also enhanced it. This board is by far superior.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Not only saved it, but also enhanced it. This board is by far superior.

In every way....

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Not only saved it, but also enhanced it. This board is by far superior.

Well put, imo the Bengals have the best board by far, even if it's not an "official" product of the team anymore. Like nearly everyone has said, that turns out to be a good thing!!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: I won't take it for granted.  I live with a wife and two daughters, I HAVE to come here to talk football! LOL

I second most of this! Thankful for all the people on this board who have great insights. I've only been here for a month, but I definitely love being a part of this board.
Reply/Quote
This forum is awesome ! If it wasn't for this place I would have no one to talk to about Bengals football and I'd lose my mind. Being from New England it's difficult being that the Patriots franchise is the polar opposite from the Bengals. I have no one to talk to about Bengals football. Usually when I tell people I'm a Bengals fan they laugh at me and ask why I choose such an awful franchise to root for ? Sure the average non Bengals fan knows who A.J. Green is and Dalton but I couldn't pick their brain about topics such as Bodines play and guys on are roster such as Will Clarke etc. that they never heard of. Also it's intestring to see other posters opinions on certain players that I could not find elsewhere. The majority of the fans on this forum seem well informed, display deep knowledge of the Bengals and share a deep passion for the Bengals that I have as well. I made my user name Lone Bengal many years ago because I felt like a lone fan of a loser team surround by thousands of fans of one of the greatest teams in NFL history in the Patriots. When I come here tho I feel like I'm at home and I'm comforted to know that other fans share my struggle of the heart ache that the Bengals have inflicted on us over the years.
Reply/Quote

Now, if we could get the Bengal's FO to be as effective and dedicated, we would be super bowl bound.,
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna drink a beer or two tonight to 'holic and the rest of the staff and posters here.  So if I get back on here later on tonight and sound a little "off" and posting weird and random thoughts, you'll know what is going on. 

Here here! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Thanks guys, I really tried hard and I'm glad you all love it
Reply/Quote