Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengalholic saved our community
(02-22-2017, 03:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Seriously guys what is BOTD?
Babes of the  day?
IF so, then yes, holic mods admin whoever the hell is listening please bring that back. 

Yup, that's it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 01:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this topic may not belong here but I think we should acknowledge how lucky we are as fans to have this site.  We may take it for granted and I visit the site several times a day.   If this forum wasn't developed I would be lost as a fan and that's no joke.  In most ways it is better than the original site.  

We owe a big thanks to Bengalholic and others who are moderators/administrators of this forum.  Use this thread to show them love Wub

No doubt brother. Thanks to Holic and everyone else that saved our asses! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 12:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Actually what made me think of starting this thread was a bad day (physically).  So what I usually do during those days is go to my favorite sites. 

Then I remembered during one of those days years ago, the official Bengal Forum was closed.  I clicked on the link it received and error.  I freaked.  Then Holic said he was going to start a forum.  I don't recall how I got the message.  Maybe he stalks fans.  I D K.  When I joined I recognized some names but not all. Now it is home!   Excited

The announcement for this board opening was a thread on the old board...after the news that they would be closing, and I think it was 34 that put some kind of announcement at the top of the site to help let people know. 

If I remember right, we even started the selection of our admins and mods in a thread on the old board. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The announcement for this board opening was a thread on the old board...after the news that they would be closing, and I think it was 34 that put some kind of announcement at the top of the site to help let people know. 

If I remember right, we even started the selection of our admins and mods in a thread on the old board. 

Yeah, that is how i got here. Damn, scared the hell out of me for a second. Must really suck for those that never found this place.

It is much better than the old one, great job Holic and to all.

Our Bengals might be going down the tubes, especially if we lose Whit but i always will be a Bengal fan and love talking to you guys. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The announcement for this board opening was a thread on the old board...after the news that they would be closing, and I think it was 34 that put some kind of announcement at the top of the site to help let people know. 

Yes, that is correct.

Reply/Quote
I had to drop being a mod due to the things they asked of me to initiate. They were...horrifying
Reply/Quote
Yes, thank you Bengaholic. This board is even better than the original.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:53 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I had to drop being a mod due to the things they asked of me to initiate. They were...horrifying

Judging how the forum has improved over the months, I would say they succeeded in convincing someone to due similar things... Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:53 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I had to drop being a mod due to the things they asked of me to initiate. They were...horrifying

[Image: 068d752b566b44fbfd1d798e3d337d1b.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Ah, come on man...it wasn't that bad. 

[Image: gSE5ejh.gif]

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Seriously guys what is BOTD?
Babes of the  day?
IF so, then yes, holic mods admin whoever the hell is listening please bring that back. 

In my best Chris Farley, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!"..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote

whatever happened to 34 holic?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 09:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ah, come on man...it wasn't that bad. 

[Image: gSE5ejh.gif]

Big Grin

My anus was never the same
Reply/Quote
You guys are great people here. I agree on that totally.
Reply/Quote
I can only guess that 34 did not survive initiation process
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 01:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I can only guess that 34 did not survive initiation process

He's been around here and there sparingly, and was the second member of this board's HOF after CamCat. :andy:

Reply/Quote
Bureaucracy
Reply/Quote
At first I was pretty ticked the Bengals shut down their message board. In some ways I still am considering they are a billion plus dollar organization that makes their money off of the NFL and their own fans. It was petty on their part and what I see as them being thin skinned. In some ways it is just another example of the kind of organization of the team we are all fans o.

But now in hindsight if they didnt shut it down, this board wouldnt exist. A board that is definitely better overall. This board seems to be more real with no major biases like the other one could have had from a couple of the mods there. And credit should be given to where it is due, so thanks Holic for starting up this community. And thanks to the mods here for keeping up the good work.

ps just send me a pm for an address for that check to be sent to. thx.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 03:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: At first I was pretty ticked the Bengals shut down their message board. In some ways I still am considering they are a billion plus dollar organization that makes their money off of the NFL and their own fans. It was petty on their part and what I see as them being thin skinned. In some ways it is just another example of the kind of organization of the team we are all fans o.

But now in hindsight if they didnt shut it down, this board wouldnt exist. A board that is definitely better overall. This board seems to be more real with no major biases like the other one could have had from a couple of the mods there. And credit should be given to where it is due, so thanks Holic for starting up this community. And thanks to the mods here for keeping up the good work.

ps just send me a pm for an address for that check to be sent to. thx.

Couldn't agree more.  Awesome site with awesome people.  The Bengals Closing the forum was rough and to be honest I miss it, but this is an awesome for everyone.  
Reply/Quote