Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals “terrified” they’ll get in trouble over plan to hire Zac Taylor
(01-11-2019, 04:14 PM)Takedown Wrote: All PFT drama. No really worry is coming out of PBS. Just lies to create something out of nothing.

Yes. The bengals Front Office is a beacon of operational excellence

They are constantly on the forefront of league trends
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:45 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Yes.  The bengals Front Office is a beacon of operational excellence

No, but REAL Bengal fans know that the Bengals front office has always kept things tight-lipped and not announced thigns until AFTER they were official. The team you root for may have a better front office, but we know ours don't spout stuff until they're official.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, but REAL Bengal fans know that the Bengals front office has always kept things tight-lipped and not announced thigns until AFTER they were official. The team you root for may have a better front office, but we know ours don't spout stuff until they're official.

Oh shit. I root for the bengals

Who is your squad?
Reply/Quote
What would they do? Hopefully make the brown family sell the franchise..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:53 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Oh shit.  I root for the bengals

[Image: 07d47b2227f592e9e53bbfe1fea7c0da1192205f...25620f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Based on how they treat Burfict, nothing would shock me.

Lol. The media was unfair to tez?
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1083512161153019905
Reply/Quote
Dehner doesn't seem too worried about this.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:55 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: What would they do? Hopefully make the brown family sell the franchise..

considering they did nothing to the colts last year... if they try something the bengals know a lawyer...
Reply/Quote
Everyone must go there and "like" this comment.

"

steaksandwichandsteaksandwich says:'
January 11, 2019 at 12:26 pm
Paranoid? Maybe.

But consider this: the Bengals watched the Steelers shred their QB’s ACL, break their LB’s jaw, break their punter’s jaw, and concuss their skill players for years with no outcry.

Then when one Bengals LB started getting penalized for his violent hits, the national narrative was that the Bengals were out of control.

So we’ll excuse the Bengals for being “terrified” that a double standard might be applied here.'

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 06:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Everyone must go there and "like" this comment.

"

steaksandwichandsteaksandwich says:'
January 11, 2019 at 12:26 pm
Paranoid? Maybe.

But consider this: the Bengals watched the Steelers shred their QB’s ACL, break their LB’s jaw, break their punter’s jaw, and concuss their skill players for years with no outcry.

Then when one Bengals LB started getting penalized for his violent hits, the national narrative was that the Bengals were out of control.

So we’ll excuse the Bengals for being “terrified” that a double standard might be applied here.'

Metallica's Sad but true just started playing.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Word emerged on Thursday that the Bengals plan to hire Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor when the L.A. season ends. And the Bengals will now be sweating bullets until the L.A. season ends.

Per a league source, the Bengals currently are “terrified” that the league will investigate whether they violated the constantly-violated rules regarding the making of offers to head-coaching candidates before offers can be made.

That’s how the league often enforces the rules. Sure, plenty of teams break the rules. But that never stops the league from investigating whether one specific team in one specific situation broke the rule, imposing discipline on that specific team for breaking the rule, and ignoring the widely-known reality that others have routinely broken the rules.

Last year, everyone knew that the Colts had offered the head-coaching job to Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and that McDaniels had accepted. But it couldn’t be official or formal until the Patriots’ season ended, and then the Patriots talked McDaniels (who already was having misgivings) out of going.

The thinking is that other candidates were informed that Taylor is the choice, and that Taylor has informed colleagues that he is the choice. If that’s true, the line may have been crossed, and the electronic paper trial would easily prove it.

So, yes, the Bengals are now worried that the league will come down on them. Even though the league has always looked the other way regarding every instance where that rule was being violated — and where everyone knew it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/11/bengals-terrified-theyll-get-in-trouble-over-plan-to-hire-zac-taylor/

Sounds like typical FBI and government stuff. If we don't like you we'll investigate you until the end of time, but if we do like you, well, we're pretty sure there's nothing there because you are one of our pals, so why bother. Corrupt as the day is long.

I, for one, will stand behind the Bengals front office if the NFL goes into a hissy fit.

Of course, unless there's an offer, in writing, there is no offer.

Now if it were the Steelers I'm sure Gooddick would have already concluded a non-existent investigation finding one and all completely without wrong.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Florio desperately trying to create drama where there is absolutely zero. 

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:45 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Yes. The bengals Front Office is a beacon of operational excellence

(01-11-2019, 05:53 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Oh shit. I root for the bengals

Who is your squad?

(01-11-2019, 06:00 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Lol. The media was unfair to tez?
Ya know, you could try a little harder at pretending... Steelers offseason must be way too exciting this year for you to make your way over here.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
What on Earth is this garbage?

Florio's unabashed obsession with taking a steaming dump all over Cincy has now become a full-blown complex.

Bengals are well within the rules in regards to them acquiring Taylor. I highly, and I mean HIGHLY doubt anyone within the PBS offices are "terrified" of the NFL coming down on them.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Ya know, you could try a little harder at pretending... Steelers offseason must be way too exciting this year for you to make your way over here.

Reply/Quote
Pssshh, Katie be like....I don’t give a Fuuuuuuuuu*k!
Reply/Quote
I heard the NFL is actually investigating the Bengals for changing head coaches - they are concerned Mikey is going senile.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:52 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Yeah, this is just wishful thinking on Florio's part.  He is a Pittsburgh fan so I take anything PFT posts about bengals with a grain of salt.  Same way with Jason LaCanfora of cbsssports.com (he a Baltimore groupie).*

Never understood how and why LaCanfora has a job. I have never heard him be right in anything he says.
Reply/Quote
No wonder they had Hobson post a new article today like it was still in question.
Reply/Quote