Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1-15 Over Last 16 Games.
So it is not just this year. They were bad last year. They are bad this year. They will probably be bad next year, because of the Front Office.

Some on here asking, is it the running, is it Dalton, is it the defense, is it the O Line. Oh, lets change coaches for third year in a row. Look, it all goes back to this Front Office. No play-off wins since Paul Brown died 30 years ago and in that time more 0-4 starts than any other NFL team. The NFL, unlike baseball, is set up for parity in TV Revenue Sharing and the Draft structure. The NFL is set up for no owners to be as bad as Mike Brown over the last 30 years. Everybody in Front Office is a relative of Mike Brown, so it is a quicksand of family nepotism of incompetence.

This is not just the worst Front Office in NFL, but the worst Front Office in all USA pro sports. Has to be. The NFL is set up for no owners to be this bad over last 30 years. Has to be worst Front Office in All Sports, period, not even up for debate. 1-15 over the last 16 games, so of course the no play-off win streak gets longer, the most starts of 0-4 gets longer. No other NFL owners are close to being as bad as Mike Brown and Family Incorporated over the last 30 years since Paul Brown died. They should try to bring in football people to help, they could try to bring in football people to help, BUT they WILL NOT bring in football people to help. Never Have, Never Will. The Front Office will remain this Family of Lawyers, the worst front office in Any Sports.

Yes, The NFL is set up for Bengals to turn it around as fast as next season. Problem is this Front Office for 30 years has been worst in NFL and no reason to see that changing in 2020. To all of you Fans, you deserved better than what Mike Brown & Family have delivered. I feel sorry for the Fans, but not the awful Front Office. They are making money hand over fist, win or lose.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The new Cleveland? Or is Cleveland still Cleveland and we're the new 90's Bengals?

That stuff needs hashed out.
Reply/Quote
Yes...the worst part of the stuff you point out is we have the same weaknesses as last year.

Lets look at LB. We were terrible all last year. The Bengals solution...re-sign Preston Brown and throw a 3rd Round pick at Pratt. They obviously thought that Preston Brown was the answer when healthy. They also must have thought that Vigil was too.
Reply/Quote
Is that the worst 16 game stretch in the Bengals history ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 09:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is that the worst 16 game stretch in the Bengals history ?

We're so bad that a 14 point loss to the Rams kind of feels like a win.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 09:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is that the worst 16 game stretch in the Bengals history ?
I don't really know the answer but Dalton is 0-11 over that stretch. The fans ran the backup out of town when he was 1-4 but you better bar the door if you complain about the Red BB gun.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're so bad that a 14 point loss to the Rams kind of feels like a win.

It reminds me of that part in the bad news bears where the stats kids was like it wasn't all bad, we hit 6 foul balls today. 
Reply/Quote

Not for looo-ooong!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 10:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're so bad that a 14 point loss to the Rams kind of feels like a win.

It's funny that even the announcers thought we were in the game until the end, especially when they questioned the lack of urgency.  While we technically had a shot at the game, I don't think we were ever in control at any point.

Hell, they took out Gurley for a large portion of portion of the game as well.  The Rams moved the ball pretty much at will.  I don't think we had them too nervous.  Hilarious
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 02:01 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: It's funny that even the announcers thought we were in the game until the end, especially when they questioned the lack of urgency.  While we technically had a shot at the game, I don't think we were ever in control at any point.

Hell, they took out Gurley for a large portion of portion of the game as well.  The Rams moved the ball pretty much at will.  I don't think we had them too nervous.  Hilarious

The Rams gave us a vanilla gameplan. I suspect IF we made it close, they would have tightened up.

McVay probably didn't want to show up ZT.
Reply/Quote
Going back to the beginning of last season (24 games) - the offense has had it's share of issues and problems , but the defense has been an absolutely embarrassing disaster, and ranked dead last in the NFL during this stretch:

400+ yards 14 times
500+ yards 5 times
200+ rushing yards 8 times
120+ rushing yards 13 times
23+ points 19 times
30+ points 7 times
23+ first downs 15 times
Reply/Quote
Remember how a lot of us made fun of the Browns for losing 16 games in a row? Well, the Bengals will join them if they lose 6 more games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remember how a lot of us made fun of the Browns for losing 16 games in a row? Well, the Bengals will join them if they lose 6 more games.

I remember back in the late 70's early 80's when we weren't so bad and Tampa Bay sucked, ahh...the memories.
Reply/Quote
It's kind of surreal: 1-15. I don't think it's hit me. Maybe I'm in denial or shock?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 05:51 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I remember back in the late 70's early 80's when we weren't so bad and Tampa Bay sucked, ahh...the memories.

They and Green Bay.  Remember when they'd meet and Berman would call it "The Bay of Pigs?"  A lifetime ago....
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals last won a game on December 16, 2018.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Going back to the beginning of last season (24 games) - the offense has had it's share of issues and problems , but the defense has been an absolutely embarrassing disaster, and ranked dead last in the NFL during this stretch:

400+ yards 14 times
500+ yards 5 times
200+ rushing yards 8 times
120+ rushing yards 13 times
23+ points 19 times
30+ points 7 times
23+ first downs 15 times

Garbage...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
And Jeff Driskel was the QB of record too.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 09:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The new Cleveland? Or is Cleveland still Cleveland and we're the new 90's Bengals?

That stuff needs hashed out.

well Cleveland already derailed their first hype train in 10 years so idk   I think the factory continues

But they say trends re-emerge every 30 years so back to the 90s we go.
Reply/Quote