Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals #1 in important stat
(11-22-2021, 06:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is part of the culture change...

Yep him targeting all those coaches sons, captains, and winners is working out in the penalty department for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Can't complain about that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Can't complain about that.

Ummmmm....  Nervous 

Gameday thread: Yes we can. LOL 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:50 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Well I read that comment and all I can think of is the Steelers Bengals playoff game. That game alone says otherwise.

(11-22-2021, 09:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: January 9th, 2016.

Wild Card - Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals - January 9th, 2016 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Steelers 10 penalties for 142 yards
Bengals 8 penalties for 79 yards.

NEXT?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wild Card - Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals - January 9th, 2016 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

NEXT?

LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wild Card - Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals - January 9th, 2016 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

NEXT?

Just quoting you to say that you are correct. I just ran a quick regression on penalties and victories since 2015. There is a very weak relationship - less penalties doesn’t really mean more wins. Here is the regression.

[Image: 9xwtc0S.png]

EDIT - To clarify a little further, this data is saying that 2% of the variation in wins can be explained by penalties. If you’re wanting to focus on making your team win more games, penalties should be pretty far down the list. They are more of an optimization area rather than a crucial area for winning more games.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:01 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals are the LEAST penalized team in the NFL and it is not even close. 

This is good coaching which is something we desperately needed to see.

Well done Zac and the gang in this department. This is where they deserve props.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:57 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: We’ll might help if lineman did hold every once in awhile to keep a free rusher from getting to Burrow lol

Or committing a PI penalty in order to save an obvious touchdown,or less,in certain situations.Might end up holding opposing team to a field goal or less.
Reply/Quote
Could no penalties against a defense in an entire game,be a sign of lack of aggression,or player intensity in a game?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 09:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just quoting you to say that you are correct. I just ran a quick regression on penalties and victories since 2015. There is a very weak relationship - less penalties doesn’t really mean more wins.

If you are interested some time you should look at penalties on CBs and their correlation to ProBowl appearances.  The best CBs are usually among the leaders in penalties.

I am not sure exactly how to explain it, but my theory is that the better they are in coverage the closer they will be to the receiver and the more chances they will have to make a play on the ball.  So they just draw more penalties because they have more opportunities. 
Reply/Quote
Less penalties are good, now how about leading the NFL in victories?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
No penalties might not win a game, but stupid penalties can cost the game. Just look at our line on both sides of the ball - hardly any false starts or encroachment/off-sides penalties. The O-line still needs work in protection, but the D-line doesn't need help from the LBs to create pressure.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 02:47 AM)Interceptor Wrote: No penalties might not win a game, but stupid penalties can cost the game. Just look at our line on both sides of the ball - hardly any false starts or encroachment/off-sides penalties. The O-line still needs work in protection, but the D-line doesn't need help from the LBs to create pressure.

Damn rights. Cool
Reply/Quote
The Bengals had only 3 for 18 yds this week.

I wonder how the stats look now?
Reply/Quote