Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals -11?
Yeah if we have a down game I could see it being close but if the defense plays they're game and the offense gets into a groove we should win by a decent amount. I heard on the radio that vegas said someone made a $500k and some change bet that Cincy would cover but I think that was at 9.5. I wonder who made that bet Nick Lachey? Bill Gates? Charles Barkley? Also heard the superbowl odds for the Bengals were down to 35-1 might've been a good year to put a few hundred bucks down for them to win it all.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 08:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So always bet for a double digit home dog?

No.  Not the message I was trying to send.  All it takes is a little bit of one team being on or the other off to keep the game tight.  You can have outcomes like Bengals/Detroit that play out as they should, but it doesn't take much in the NFL to keep things close.

The general message is to not bet the game at all due to the unpredictability.  Go for prop. bets, over/under etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 11:07 AM)Stewy Wrote: No.  Not the message I was trying to send.  All it takes is a little bit of one team being on or the other off to keep the game tight.  You can have outcomes like Bengals/Detroit that play out as they should, but it doesn't take much in the NFL to keep things close.

The general message is to not bet the game at all due to the unpredictability.  Go for prop. bets, over/under etc.

Who is the officiating crew for this game?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Heard on some sports radio show this week that teams favored by 10 points or more have covered the spread 57.5% of the games played in the last 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 12:13 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Heard on some sports radio show this week that teams favored by 10 points or more have covered the spread 57.5% of the games played in the last 5 years.

Let me throw a few bets down on those. I’ll even it up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was 20 months old the last time we were favored by double digits. Mellow

20-6 all time as a double digit favorite. last loss Nov 16 2015 home against Texans.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 02:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 20-6 all time as a double digit favorite. last loss Nov 16 2015 home against Texans.

Why we were double digit favorites at that time over the Texans is beyond me. They had our number for many years. No matter what scrub they were playing at QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why we were double digit favorites at that time over the Texans is beyond me. They had our number for many years. No matter what scrub they were playing at QB.

we were undefeated at home on MNF If I remember correctly.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we were undefeated at home on MNF If I remember correctly.

Yeah, 8-0, but still. I can see being favorites at home when you're 8-0, but double digit suggests a blow out, and with our history against them idk.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote