Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2018 Comp Picks Announced
Bengals get a 3rd (100), 5th (170) and two 7th round picks (252,253).

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/967152030455418880/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 07:04 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Bengals get a 3rd (100), 5th (170) and two 7th round picks (252,253).

LOVE it because it's at least tangible football news, and it's more than I expected with the seventh rounders.

Here's a better link with explanations of all the comp picks and reasons why we didn't get more.

Good find!  

They can also be traded now, so hopefully we can use the third to maybe help solidify the line (and I'm hoping we make some noise in FA so we can take James in the first, but the line has to be the top priority).
Reply/Quote
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
First you get the comp pick, then you get the powers, then you get the Superb Bowl!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 07:04 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Bengals get a 3rd (100), 5th (170) and two 7th round picks (252,253).

Getting an extra top 100 pick in a good thing. But we should trade it for a couple 4ths. We seem to hit in the 4th rd. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Cool, now we may have something to trade to land some Olineman a Safety and Linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 01:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Getting an extra top 100 pick in a good thing. But we should trade it for a couple 4ths. We seem to hit in the 4th rd. 

Truth on the 4th round success rate 

Except for 

Keaton, Orson Charles, Porter, Luigs, Muckelroy, Hardinson, Dorsch (another kicker debacle), and Russell Blowdine. 

Yet it is worth a few whiffs to score, 

Geno, Lawson, Boling, Peko, Rudi, and Ballard HS product Jeremi Johnson among others. 

Shocked to see Joe Mixon in your sig as well. 

But cool sig nonetheless. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
You'd stand a better chance of getting Mikey to trade his only begotten daughter to a house of ill repute in exchange for a dirty towel than getting him to trade one of his ultra coveted comp picks.. 
I'm not suggesting that would be a worthwhile trade, but you know.. Some things are easier to get done than others .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: First you get the comp pick, then you get the powers, then you get the Superb Bowl!

You forgot, "then you get the womAN"  lol

I see better then  I hear.....with Mike Brown and Marv running the show , its really hard to get pumped for anything exciting.
I'm hoping they open up that piggy bank and sign at least one top tier FA .  That would at least show some intent to improve things
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 02:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Truth on the 4th round success rate 

Except for 

Keaton, Orson Charles, Porter, Luigs, Muckelroy, Hardinson, Dorsch (another kicker debacle), and Russell Blowdine. 

Yet it is worth a few whiffs to score, 

Geno, Lawson, Boling, Peko, Rudi, and Ballard HS product Jeremi Johnson among others. 

Shocked to see Joe Mixon in your sig as well. 

But cool sig nonetheless. 
Yeah, I still have high hopes for Malone and Billings. Both are only 21 years old. 

As to Mixon, I think he will have a breakout year this, he just struggled as a rookie

As to the sig: All thanks to Holic, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 01:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Getting an extra top 100 pick in a good thing. But we should trade it for a couple 4ths. We seem to hit in the 4th rd. 

I would rather see us trade our 2 5th round picks for the extra 4th. Then we have a first, 2nd, 2 thirds and 2 4th's so 6 picks in first 4 rounds
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think the most head scratching thing is the Bengals only got a 5th round pick for losing their left tackle. A guy who was an All-Pro in 2017
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 05:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think the most head scratching thing is the Bengals only got a 5th round pick for losing their left tackle. A guy who was an All-Pro in 2017

The comp rule is if you lose a player who's had 10 or more years of playing experience, you can't get a comp pick higher than a 5th. Had he only played 9 seasons or less, they would have definitely gotten a 3rd round pick. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 09:16 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The comp rule is if you lose a player who's had 10 or more years of playing experience, you can't get a comp pick higher than a 5th. Had he only played 9 seasons or less, they would have definitely gotten a 3rd round pick. 

Curious if Mike Brown and Co. knew that rule.
Reply/Quote

Thanks for this George, nice to get a 3rd. Might actually get a decent player there even if we have been unlucky in the 3rd
in the past. But Caldwell was a good one for us, won a Steeler game for us at the last second.

Glasgow was a 5th round comp that i like.

Still these are historically not very valuable picks. Would be nice to trade a few of them to move up to the 2nd round and
grab O-line help like crazy.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 09:16 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The comp rule is if you lose a player who's had 10 or more years of playing experience, you can't get a comp pick higher than a 5th. Had he only played 9 seasons or less, they would have definitely gotten a 3rd round pick. 

Did not know that. And now that makes me even angrier
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 04:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would rather see us trade our 2 5th round picks for the extra 4th. Then we have a first, 2nd, 2 thirds and 2 4th's so 6 picks in first 4 rounds

Down with this all day

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I still have high hopes for Malone and Billings. Both are only 21 years old. 

As to Mixon, I think he will have a breakout year this, he just struggled as a rookie

As to the sig: All thanks to Holic, 

Think Mixon is a stud player and in for a huge year. 

Agree with Malone and Billings having a chance to improve greatly as well per age. 

Hope they do, but not sold yet. 

Holic does nice work it appears. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 01:24 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Curious if Mike Brown and Co. knew that rule.

They knew it. They just didn't expect someone else to value Whit. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:19 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They knew it. They just didn't expect someone else to value Whit. 

Crazy, stupid bastids. Whatever
Reply/Quote