Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restore the Faith Draft
(03-19-2019, 02:15 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: TJ Edwards ran poorly at his pro day. Mid 4.8's at 235 pounds. http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-wisconsin-new-mexico-state-oklahoma-state

I believe Burfict had slower times but played very fast because of his ability to dissect plays.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 02:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I believe Burfict had slower times but played very fast because of his ability to dissect plays.  

That's fine but I think he would struggle in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 02:32 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: That's fine but I think he would struggle in coverage.

That was his strong suit in college.  I think he'd be a pretty good mid round pick.
Reply/Quote
I'm in the corner of trading some of the 5 6th rounders for a 1 or 2 higher up in the order(s).. Hell, even Chicago with their 5 picks could be a possible trade partner even though they pick at 23 and 24 in the 3rd and 4th.. Still better than a bunch of 6th rounders who will likely never see the inside of their lockers in the NFL.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
1. Devin White - LB - LSU
- 6'-2" 236lbs
Should be an obvious need to everyone here. Real question is will he still be there at 11. I'd say odds are 50/50 at best, but to restore faith we need a little luck

2. Mack Wilson - LB - Alabama
- 6'1" 238lbs
We need to double down at our weakest position. White, Wilson and Vigil now looks like a strength rather than our biggest weakness. These two roaming the middle of our defense would also allow us flexibility to run a 3-4 as often as we run a 4-3. Geno, Lawson, and Billings all played in a 3-4 system in college so should be possible to develop a package

3. Ed Alexander - DT - LSU
- 6'3" 331lbs
I'd love to take an OT or OG here, but realistically I doubt the top ones are still available and Alexander would be a rotational guy in year 1. Very good at clogging holes. Just look at how bad UGA ran the ball against LSU this year and they had 2 1000 yard backs

4. Trey Pipkins - OT - University of Sioux Falls
- 6'7" 307lbs
Looked good at the senior bowl and is thought of as a RT. Probably can't beat Bobby Hart in year one, but maybe Im giving Hart too much credit

5. Lamont Galliard - OC - Georgia
- 6'3" 305lbs
Galliard is going to be a steal for someone. He could probably start for us right away (Price moves to G in this scenario). Very smart, switched to OLine from DT after his freshman year. Team captain and All-SEC. Zero hype going into the draft and I can't see why, go watch him against Quinnen Williams in the SEC championship game
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 11:16 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: 1. Devin White - LB - LSU
   - 6'-2" 236lbs
Should be an obvious need to everyone here. Real question is will he still be there at 11. I'd say odds are 50/50 at best, but to restore faith we need a little luck

2. Mack Wilson - LB - Alabama
   - 6'1" 238lbs
We need to double down at our weakest position. White, Wilson and Vigil now looks like a strength rather than our biggest weakness. These two roaming the middle of our defense would also allow us flexibility to run a 3-4 as often as we run a 4-3. Geno, Lawson, and Billings all played in a 3-4 system in college so should be possible to develop a package

3. Ed Alexander - DT - LSU
  - 6'3" 331lbs
I'd love to take an OT or OG here, but realistically I doubt the top ones are still available and Alexander would be a rotational guy in year 1. Very good at clogging holes. Just look at how bad UGA ran the ball against LSU this year and they had 2 1000 yard backs

4. Trey Pipkins - OT - University of Sioux Falls
   - 6'7" 307lbs
Looked good at the senior bowl and is thought of as a RT. Probably can't beat Bobby Hart in year one, but maybe Im giving Hart too much credit

5. Lamont Galliard - OC - Georgia
   - 6'3" 305lbs
Galliard is going to be a steal for someone. He could probably start for us right away (Price moves to G in this scenario). Very smart, switched to OLine from DT after his freshman year. Team captain and All-SEC. Zero hype going into the draft and I can't see why, go watch him against Quinnen Williams in the SEC championship game

This would work for me. I am huge Galliard fan.  White would be awesome.  I think Pipkins couild be later but ok.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 06:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Wilkins is going to be a beast in the NFL but I know a lot of fans would be upset if the Bengals drafted a defensive tackle in round one.

I absolutely love Wilkens. I like what this guy did in his mock too trading down to 17 to get him.

I'd like to see the Bengals package their 6th Round picks to move up and get another 2nd Round pick. The Bengals do pretty well in the 2nd Round historically.
Reply/Quote
Here you go:

Round 1, Overall 11 - Devin White - ILB
Round 2, Overall 42 - Dalton Risner - OT
Round 3, Overall 72 - Joe Jackson - DE Miami Hurricanes (I'd also consider Will Grier with this pick)
Round 4, Overall 110 - Foster Moreau - TE - LSU
Round 5, Overall 149 - Tyree Jackson - QB - Buffalo
Round 6, Overall 183 - Michael Jackson - CB - Miami
Round 6, Overall 198 (via Dallas) - Trey Pipkins - OT - Sioux Falls
Round 6, Overall 210 (Compensatory Selection) - Ben Burr-Kirven - ILB - Washington
Round 6, Overall 211 (Compensatory Selection) - Gerald Willis - DT - Miami
Round 6, Overall 213 (Compensatory Selection) - Nate Davis - OG - Charlotte
Round 7, Overall 223 - Kaden Smith - TE - Stanford
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here you go:

Round 1, Overall 11 - Devin White - ILB
Round 2, Overall 42 - Dalton Risner - OT
Round 3, Overall 72 - Joe Jackson - DE Miami Hurricanes (I'd also consider Will Grier with this pick)
Round 4, Overall 110 - Foster Moreau - TE - LSU
Round 5, Overall 149 - Tyree Jackson - QB - Buffalo
Round 6, Overall 183 - Michael Jackson - CB - Miami
Round 6, Overall 198 (via Dallas) - Trey Pipkins - OT - Sioux Falls
Round 6, Overall 210 (Compensatory Selection) - Ben Burr-Kirven - ILB - Washington
Round 6, Overall 211 (Compensatory Selection) - Gerald Willis - DT - Miami
Round 6, Overall 213 (Compensatory Selection) - Nate Davis - OG - Charlotte
Round 7, Overall 223 - Kaden Smith - TE - Stanford

I think Foster Moreau will be good at next level.  Of course Risner and White would make my day.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 02:30 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Foster Moreau will be good at next level.  Of course Risner and White would make my day.  

Yep. I really think each of my 1st 5 Rounds of picks have a shot to be above average starters in this league.

In the 7th, I almost took Travis Homer RB from Miami who is a beast on special teams.

In the 3rd, I almost took Will Grier, but I felt a DE with high potential was a lower risk move.

In the 4th, DT Gerald Willis from Miami. Dude made a lot of tackles behind the LOS, but there is definitely some risk with him. We needed a TE more too. Moreau is a good blocker too which makes him a nice fit at 3rd TE initially.

I feel like Risner could be a steal in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote