Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals 2019 LBers
(05-13-2019, 03:09 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Jonah would have been my pick regardless.  I think the Steelers wasted a lot of picks on Bush, but time will tell. 

I agree, I think we were taking Jonah. The coaches said he was 4th on their board so unlikely Bush was top 3 when we know White, Bosa and at least one DT was probably in top 4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 11:24 AM)bengaloo Wrote: We got nowhere to go but up at LB. I dont doubt that we are going to be better, but like Nate said, how much better? Vigil healthy, Preston healthy, more development of Jefferson hopefully, but then add in Pratt and Davis in the draft, and we should see improvement. I'm feeling that Davis will not only make the team but see the field plenty. I can see this dude being a steal the more I learn about him. Pratt looks like a beast in waiting. All this with a LB coach who seems way better than Haslett? I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Exactly, i don't find it to be near as big of a hole as some people on here. Taylor, Lou and Tem seem to also believe that coaching can fix the the Linebacker play. Davis is a damn good tackler just like Pratt, the thing with Davis is he is not very athletic and not much of a coverage Linebacker, hopefully his instincts neglect these things like Dhani was able to do for us.

Pratt is just a stud though man watching his film, i think he might be better than Devin White cause he is a better tackler and a better cover backer honestly. White might have him on leadership though, we will see if Pratt can become that leader for us.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 11:35 AM)depthchart Wrote: May still have to insert a young Star at some point though. Best chance for that to happen may be in the 2020 Draft.

Compare with 2015 Bengal Linebackers: 

Vontaze Burfict,  AJ Hawk,  Rey Maualuga,  Vincent Rey,  Emmaunuel Lamur,  Paul Dawson,  Marquis Flowers

The current linebackers include 4 third round picks that are fairly young (Vigil, Brown, Pratt, Malik) so the New Coaches have a few guys with some positive traits to work with.

Burfict was the Key piece for the 2015 Unit and this Unit could sure use the addition of a Devin White caliber Star.

I believe Germaine Pratt is a Devin White caliber star, we will see...
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 11:56 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe Germaine Pratt is a Devin White caliber star, we will see...

Pratt is s better tackler for sure. Has better form as well. He doesn’t have whites elite athleticism but he’s close. Nor does he have his hype. Watching him on film I thought we could have drafted him in round 2. To me he reminds me of Bobby Wagner. Poor mans version.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I like the Pratt pick.  I mean, you move from safety to backer, and wind up All ACC?  That's pretty impressive.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Pratt is s better tackler for sure.  Has better form as well.  He doesn’t have whites elite athleticism but he’s close.  Nor does he have his hype.   Watching him on film I thought we could have drafted him in round 2.  To me he reminds me of Bobby Wagner.  Poor mans version.

Good comparison......I agree.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Pratt is s better tackler for sure. Has better form as well. He doesn’t have whites elite athleticism but he’s close. Nor does he have his hype. Watching him on film I thought we could have drafted him in round 2. To me he reminds me of Bobby Wagner. Poor mans version.

Yeah, White's athleticism and leadership is what made him the top LB in this class.

Would of been more than fine taking Pratt in round 2.

Think he was a major steal in the 3rd being my second favorite LB in this class.

He is a little bigger than Wagner but he does remind me of him in his overall game, good one.

(05-14-2019, 12:40 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Personally, I like the Pratt pick.  I mean, you move from safety to backer, and wind up All ACC?  That's pretty impressive.  

Watching Pratt lining up on WR's on the edge and shutting them down blew my mind.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 11:56 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe Germaine Pratt is a Devin White caliber star, we will see...

(05-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Pratt is s better tackler for sure.  Has better form as well.  He doesn’t have whites elite athleticism but he’s close.  Nor does he have his hype.   Watching him on film I thought we could have drafted him in round 2.  To me he reminds me of Bobby Wagner.  Poor mans version.

(05-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Personally, I like the Pratt pick.  I mean, you move from safety to backer, and wind up All ACC?  That's pretty impressive.  

Darius Leonard shined as a 2nd round pick for the Colts, so it isn't impossible for Pratt to have Star power.

Darius - 6 foot 2    234 pounds with a 4.70 forty at his Combine.

Pratt - 6 foot 2    240 pounds with a 4.57 forty at his Combine

The Bengals hitting to the upside on some of these picks sure would help.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 12:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Darius Leonard shined as a 2nd round pick for the Colts, so it isn't impossible for Pratt to have Star power.

Yep....and I didn't realize his 40 was that good.  Man, if he can adapt to the game at this level quickly, it would sure be nice to finally see a backer covering a TE for once on this team!

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 12:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....and I didn't realize his 40 was that good.  Man, if he can adapt to the game at this level quickly, it would sure be nice to finally see a backer covering a TE for once on this team!

Former Washington GM & now Analyst Charlie Casserly liked Pratt a lot.

Brown, Vigil, Pratt being healthy should be an upgrade over the guys that had to fill in last year due to injuries.

Maybe even Malik can become relevant.

It isn't as hopeless as it may seem but the young guys have to get on the field and start performing.
Reply/Quote

You watch video of the 2 and I thought Pratt moved thru traffic better than White. Not dogging White here, I wanted him to slip us possibly. Very happy we got Pratt, actually liked him a little more than Bush.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 01:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You watch video of the 2 and I thought Pratt moved thru traffic better than White. Not dogging White here, I wanted him to slip us possibly. Very happy we got Pratt, actually liked him a little more than Bush.

That could help the balance of Power some should Pratt exceed expectations and Bush not be the next Ryan Shazier caliber linebacker for the Steelers.

A Bengal ascension coupled with a Steeler decline would be awesome and Bengal fans could sure use some of that.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 01:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: That could help the balance of Power some should Pratt exceed expectations and Bush not be the next Ryan Shazier caliber linebacker for the Steelers.

A Bengal ascension coupled with a Steeler decline would be awesome and Bengal fans could sure use some of that.

Pratt is good but Bush is so damn explosive! He’s like a missle before he tackles.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 01:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Pratt is good but Bush is so damn explosive!   He’s like a missle before he tackles.

My money would be on Bush being better but my Heart will be with Pratt.  :heart:

Have Steeler fans wishing they had Pratt instead plus the two picks they gave up for Bush.

It would be cool to put one over on the Steelers since some think they may have stole Bush from us by trading up in front of the Bengals....
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 12:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Darius Leonard shined as a 2nd round pick for the Colts, so it isn't impossible for Pratt to have Star power.

Yes, i liked Leonard last year too. Pratt tackles a lot like him and as shown is faster.

(05-14-2019, 12:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep....and I didn't realize his 40 was that good.  Man, if he can adapt to the game at this level quickly, it would sure be nice to finally see a backer covering a TE for once on this team!

Pratt is that type, if he can cover Wideouts on the edge he can cover TE's.

(05-14-2019, 01:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: Former Washington GM & now Analyst Charlie Casserly liked Pratt a lot.

Brown, Vigil, Pratt being healthy should be an upgrade over the guys that had to fill in last year due to injuries.

Maybe even Malik can become relevant.

It isn't as hopeless as it may seem but the young guys have to get on the field and start performing.

Injuries were a big problem last year, here is to this being a thing of the past with the new medical staff.

(05-14-2019, 01:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You watch video of the 2 and I thought Pratt moved thru traffic better than White. Not dogging White here, I wanted him to slip us possibly. Very happy we got Pratt, actually liked him a little more than Bush.

Feel the same Wedge.

(05-14-2019, 01:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: That could help the balance of Power some should Pratt exceed expectations and Bush not be the next Ryan Shazier caliber linebacker for the Steelers.

Damn rights.

(05-14-2019, 01:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Pratt is good but Bush is so damn explosive! He’s like a missle before he tackles.

Yeah, Bush is really explosive and one hell of a blitzer. He can take bad angles and sometimes doesn't wrap up well though and i think the Steelers made a big gamble trading all those picks for him. He is no Shazier who was more of a gashing run stopper who could cover. Hope Mixon puts Bush on his azz for years to come.
Reply/Quote
Hope Pratt comes through.

Still wish we would sign another FA LB or trade for the OSU LB on the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 04:49 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Hope Pratt comes through.

Still wish we would sign another FA LB or trade for the OSU LB on the Jets.

I wanted them to trade for with the Jets as well but apparently he is a problem child and we don't need that. As far as signing another FA LB have you looked at what is out there? Not much of anything at all and would be a signing just to sign someone.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 01:41 PM)depthchart Wrote: My money would be on Bush being better but my Heart will be with Pratt.  :heart:

Have Steeler fans wishing they had Pratt instead plus the two picks they gave up for Bush.

It would be cool to put one over on the Steelers since some think they may have stole Bush from us by trading up in front of the Bengals....

possibly but not every 1st rounder works out...

I personally was so glad we didn't draft bush when I actually saw bush and what he was wearing on the biggest day of his life.. 
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 05:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I personally was so glad we didn't draft bush when I actually saw bush and what he was wearing on the biggest day of his life.. 

Maybe Bush will become another Steeler Diva that causes problems in the locker room and in the Media.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2019, 05:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I wanted them to trade for with the Jets as well but apparently he is a problem child and we don't need that. As far as signing another FA LB have you looked at what is out there? Not much of anything at all and would be a signing just to sign someone.

I think Collins is the only one of note left. BUT, maybe one will be waived somewhere that's worth it?
Reply/Quote