Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2019 OL
(08-06-2019, 10:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: That was just one play and it’s not like he pancaked Geno.  Hoping he is the answer at LG we need help all over the line.

No shit??  I thought that I made that evident in my description of the play..  However, for a rookie to withstand Geno's first move, AND be able to keep up with the play, is noteworthy.  We still have a month before the season starts, I'm sure that other guys will have their shining moments, as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure if you saw the clip that someone posted in the Training Camp News and Notes thread.  Michael Jordan was getting reps at LG, and they decided to test him, by putting Geno Atkins across from him.  He handled Geno's push, and stayed with the play (run play to the outside) and kept his body between Geno and the ball carrier.

He showed some good strength and athleticism on that play, against a likely future HOFer.

I believe Jordan will be pushing for a starting job very soon in the big picture. 

And I also think most of the Price haters will be singing a different song this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe Jordan will be pushing for a starting job very soon in the big picture. 

And I also think most of the Price haters will be singing a different song this season.

Jordan and Price did play side by side in college, I would imagine that the chemistry is still there.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jordan and Price did play side by side in college, I would imagine that the chemistry is still there.

That would be an ideal outcome Sunset.

If Glenn, Price and Miller can create the triangle space to Dalton's blind side, we have a chance this year.

I saw your earlier post about Miller holding up against Geno. That will create a buzz - which will make both of them compete and hopefully make us not miss Boling.
Reply/Quote
The coaches noticed Jordan’s play today too. Taylor said he’s going to get another day with the 1’s.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jordan and Price did play side by side in college, I would imagine that the chemistry is still there.

Chemistry is a big deal for OLines.  Thia makes the audition for line spots a plus and a minus.  A plus because everybody gets their shot and you'd think the best guys win.

But also a minus because you're shortening the amount of time the line gets to create that chemistry.  They need to figure it out soon.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 11:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A bit surprising as tons of people on here were saying Price was terrible.

The dude was injured and a rookie, he will improve and like I always said I think he had the biggest upside of all the Centers in that draft.

Price is the Center no question, Hopkins is a decent backup though at Center, I just hope he improves at Guard if he is starting.

Most draftniks had James Daniels as the center with the most upside. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Ragnow and Daniels do this season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 01:22 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Most draftniks had James Daniels as the center with the most upside. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Ragnow and Daniels do this season.

And I disagreed with them. Ragnow was the most polished, Daniels was the most athletic but Price can be just as physical as Ragnow and has a better anchor then Daniels. I just thought it would take some time with Price with the injury and the fact he only played one year at Center in college. This is why I wanted Ragnow over Price but was more than happy with the Price pick.

Daniels is a fine player don't get me wrong but I like my Lineman big and physical, he is not this.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 01:45 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He 'should' improve, no one can say he will or will not

I can say Price will improve if I want to and you can say that he will not...

We will see who is correct eh?

(08-06-2019, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hope price reaches that draft status this year...    But if we have someone on the roster playing OC at a higher level  play that guy,.

All for the best player playing Center but the best player is Price. Let the first round pick grow please.

(08-06-2019, 09:23 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Some folks think building a roster is as easy as switching names on a piece of paper.

If the guy is tough enough to anchor and smart enough to make line calls - you leave him there.

Precisely.

Hopkins is a good back up Center and not a first rounder with great upside like Price.

Takes a bit for Centers to grow in the NFL, let Price get his feet under him and be the leader on the Line.

This is another major positive in Price's game, his leadership to go along with his intelligence.

And like you said, Price has a great anchor.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 03:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I know Smitty isn't the player we had 5 or 6 years ago, but I find it hard to believe that even an aged Andre Smith isn't better at RT then Bobby Hart.

I find it hard to believe both of these guys are in the NFL at this point. Tells you the dearth of talent at the position. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: That would be an ideal outcome Sunset.

If Glenn, Price and Miller can create the triangle space to Dalton's blind side, we have a chance this year.

I saw your earlier post about Miller holding up against Geno. That will create a buzz - which will make both of them compete and hopefully make us not miss Boling.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your wordage, but Miller can't create the triangle space to Dalton's blind side with Glenn and Price since Miller is RG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: That was just one play and it’s not like he pancaked Geno. Hoping he is the answer at LG we need help all over the line.

Oh no, we better not judge a players future based on one play by a rookie against our best dl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe Jordan will be pushing for a starting job very soon in the big picture. 

Hope both these things come to pass.  Lap was pretty effusive about Jordan, and I liked the video with him and Geno.   Lap said that Jordan is very intelligent and very strong.   I was pretty excited about his background information and thrilled he's showing in camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 02:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I find it hard to believe both of these guys are in the NFL at this point. Tells you the dearth of talent at the position. 

If you followed the trends in College Football, and paid attention to the Pre-draft offseason threads, you wouldn't be surprised at all.  If fact, you'd completely understand why the College game just isn't turning out that many Pro-ready Offensive Tackles in the recent years.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote