Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2019 OL
(04-28-2019, 12:50 PM)Mobster Wrote: No. Price has the potential to be a really good starting center. As a G, he's just a guy.

LMAO....sure thing buddy. He is really good at both of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree all except I think we go with 10 and OT Perkins is 10th OL

We never keep 10. That's not going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:00 PM)Mobster Wrote: We never keep 10. That's not going to happen.

Completely different coaching staff is it not? They seem pretty committed to the trenches thus far so I would not try to judge them by what has been done in the past.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the plan was just to throw what made the most sense to me, right now, out there and get a little conversation going.   Cool 

I guess it worked, as I seem to have reeled you into the discussion.   LOL

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=790b76115cc5cec17a5254626f...=200w.webp]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The only way Jordan makes the starting 5 is if we move Boling to RG.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree with Shake. Glenn is the odd man out. Williams starts LT from here on out.

They just signed Hart and he'll get the year at RT. And he's durable so he'll get the year for good or bad. Sample will be there to help Hart.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree with Shake. Glenn is the odd man out. Williams starts LT from here on out.

They just signed Hart and he'll get the year at RT. And he's durable so he'll get the year for good or bad. Sample will be there to help Hart.

I am really sorry but this notion that Hart starts anywhere over Glenn is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard on these boards and that is saying something.
Reply/Quote
They seem higher on Hart. I haven't heard much about Glenn at all. And they did take a LT 11 overall.

I don't want to screw Williams up playing him at other positions (RT, extra blocking TE) like we've done other prospects in the past. For a LT, I say they can play LG until ready, but that's all they should be exposed to.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:31 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I am really sorry but this notion that Hart starts anywhere over Glenn is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard on these boards and that is saying something.

Yep, it's just stupid. There's no way a team with Cordy Glenn and Jonah Williams is going to have Bobby Hart as a starting tackle. Hart was signed to a pretty cheap contract as an insurance policy in case we didn't draft anyone. 

As long as Glenn is healthy, he's playing 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:23 AM)Beaker Wrote: I agree with this with one caveat....Price was coming off a foot injury. That's the base for an O lineman to anchor himself. So you had the double combo of a rookie learning the new playbook and the league, along with a significant injury for a lineman. Those factors could help explain alot of his first season troubles. Maybe healthy with a years experience he settles in nicely for years to come...we hope.

Foot injury heck... he tore his pec muscle at the combine, which means he could not lift mostly the whole time between the draft and camp, could not take reps in camp, and then injured his foot at the start of the season. Anyone that grades Price off this whole 1st season is an idiot.... period.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how it will settle out, but I am damned sure glad Ogbuehi won't be anywhere on the field, and neither will Jake Fisher. And it's also comforting to realize Redmond won't start.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:31 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I am really sorry but this notion that Hart starts anywhere over Glenn is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard on these boards and that is saying something.

Tell us why it's ridiculous, kind sir.

I'll tell you why it's not. Glenn was bad last year. So was Hart, but Hart isn't making $9.4 million. Hart has plenty of experience on the right side, while Glenn hasn't been over there since college 9 years ago. Hart is healthier than Glenn. Hart's natural position isn't Jonah William's natural position, and lastly, Glenn would only create $2 million in dead cap if cut, while Hart is guaranteed a roster spot with the $5.5 million in dead cap we'd create if he were cut. 

If you're going to write off the notion as ridiculous, refute every claim I'm making, because I am bringing facts. I understand disagreeing with me, but saying it's ridiculous is well...ridiculous.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tell us why it's ridiculous, kind sir.

I'll tell you why it's not. Glenn was bad last year. So was Hart, but Hart isn't making $9.4 million. Hart has plenty of experience on the right side, while Glenn hasn't been over there since college 9 years ago. Hart is healthier than Glenn. Hart's natural position isn't Jonah William's natural position, and lastly, Glenn would only create $2 million in dead cap if cut, while Hart is guaranteed a roster spot with the $5.5 million in dead cap we'd create if he were cut. 

If you're going to write off the notion as ridiculous, refute every claim I'm making, because I am bringing facts. I understand disagreeing with me, but saying it's ridiculous is well...ridiculous.

Glenn was playing hurt last year.... Hart is not starting over Glenn... no way, no how...
Reply/Quote
Glenn has been hurt each of the past 3 seasons and his ratings have suffered. He's an average Tackle at best. Most of the time he's below average.

Definitely room to improve over him.

He's just a huge guy. I don't know that his body can hold up to the rigors of the NFL for 16 games a year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Glenn was playing hurt last year.... Hart is not starting over Glenn... no way, no how...

Which has been a theme for him for some time now, and you really didn't refute any of the facts I brought up.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What kind of terrible are we talking here?  Are you thinking Russell Bodine terrible, or Eric Ghiaciuc kind of terrible?

These things are important, you know.  Btw, Jordan was named 1st team All-American at Center.  They always award that to a guy that was a terrible Center, right?

Yep

Jordan had a few bad plays and some not so good series in the earlier part of the season but terrible is a giant stretch ! Still I'd say Jordan plays out as a G more than C.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tell us why it's ridiculous, kind sir.

Seems many have beaten me to it. Glenn is by far a better player than Hart which is the most obvious reason. Glenn was dinged up last season. Glenn with an injury at LT had a PFF 60.5 ranking and Hart 100% healthy had a 56.2 ranking. Glenn is going to start at LT and Williams is going to start at RT. Hart will be the first RT off the bench.

Hart is a good piece of experience to have on the bench and his signing was a contingency plan in case the draft did not fall as it did for them. It is not more complex than that.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's quite a limb you're going out on there.  Ninja

I'll spice this up by saying our starting 5 will look like this:

Jonah Williams - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Michael Jordan - Bobby Hart

Cordy Glenn will be a June cut and Jordan will beat out Miller in preseason.

Seriously, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Jordan end up a starter.
Reply/Quote
Glenn is better than Hart all things considered, I'd say...... BUTT Glenn wasn't all that and a bag of chips last season, at all. Yes I know injuries yada, yada. But that's the thing with him, can he stay healthy ?

It wouldn't shock me a lot at Glenn getting cut if they find a plan B or bring in someone cut this summer themselves.
Reply/Quote
You need three solid tackles in today's game so I don't see them getting rid of Glenn unless they feel Jordan is a RT.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote