Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2019 OL
I was trying to find the season by season rankings for Cordy Glenn and could not find them but did come across and interesting tidbit and that is he has only been called for holding 16 times in his entire pro career.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 01:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: They seem higher on Hart. I haven't heard much about Glenn at all. And they did take a LT 11 overall.

I don't want to screw Williams up playing him at other positions (RT, extra blocking TE) like we've done other prospects in the past. For a LT, I say they can play LG until ready, but that's all they should be exposed to.

Perhaps, we haven't heard much compared to Hart because he wasn't in a contract year and got paid more than most people thought he was worth.  The coaches don't have to talk about people who don't question marks heading into the offseason.  Hart performed so poorly in the public eye's that he was the one being asked about.  He is the one they have to defend.  That just means they are talking more about Hart not that they are higher on him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They came out of this draft with some really nice pickups on the OL. You have to love having a long term starter at OT. The MJ trade was well done and he may give Miller a run for his money. They finally have depth!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Being just 21, I fully expect Jordan to eventually weigh in the 330's.  The scouts really like his lower body mobility/flexibility.  I could see him eventually taking over Boling's spot at LG, and being a backup C.  

He may not start this year, but he is my favorite pick this draft.

He only played one year at OC and apparently he did not look that good last year.  I think that helped us get a really good player at a discount price.  At 6'6" he could even play tackle some day.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 02:17 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Seems many have beaten me to it. Glenn is by far a better player than Hart which is the most obvious reason. Glenn was dinged up last season. Glenn with an injury at LT had a PFF 60.5 ranking and Hart 100% healthy had a 56.2 ranking. Glenn is going to start at LT and Williams is going to start at RT. Hart will be the first RT off the bench.

Hart is a good piece of experience to have on the bench and his signing was a contingency plan in case the draft did not fall as it did for them. It is not more complex than that.

If this were going on Glenn's past body of work, I'd agree with you. Glenn was on par with Hart last year. He was bad. If you try to explain it away with injuries, it doesn't help his case because he's been dealing with a LOT of injuries over the last 3 years. I loved the Glenn trade, but I also call it how it is. 

There are plenty of reasons to see him as a cut candidate. Not saying he WILL be cut, but it's a good possibility I'd say, when you weigh all factors. Which includes his health struggles. Also, who knows if he will ever return to form? 

(04-28-2019, 02:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Glenn is better than Hart all things considered, I'd say...... BUTT Glenn wasn't all that and a bag of chips last season, at all. Yes I know injuries yada, yada. But that's the thing with him, can he stay healthy ?

It wouldn't shock me a lot at Glenn getting cut if they find a plan B or bring in someone cut this summer themselves.

I agree that Glenn > Hart, but is he a better RT than Hart (if we want Jonah at LT)? Idk about that. He'd be an experiment on that side. An expensive one. I'd say it's a toss up whether or not we cut Glenn. It sure would save Mike a lot of money, that said, I think it will all come down to whether or not they feel Jonah is ready to man the LT spot.

If they decide to start him out there, I think Glenn is as good as gone. I don't see them paying an oft-injured and possibly declining guy $9.4 million to test him at a different spot. He's been a LT for 9 years in the NFL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The success of the line this year will largely be based on Price improving, and Miller and Glenn playing above average to good.

Price was pretty terrible last year. Elflein from Minnesotta was in the same boat and they ended up replacing him in this draft so it's not a given that guys improve with more years. We shall see. He was injured which took away some of his preparation.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He may not start this year, but he is my favorite pick this draft.

He only played one year at OC and apparently he did not look that good last year.  I think that helped us get a really good player at a discount price.  At 6'6" he could even play tackle some day.

He got off to a shaky start, with some mental errors.  Once he settled in, he played very well at Center.  Good enough to be named 1st team All-American at Center.

I'm in no way lobbying for Jordan to be the Center of the Bengals, just noting that he has solid experience at the position, as well as desired hip and ankle mobility/flexibility.  I think he could develop into a very good LG, and backup at Center, possibly even play tackle, eventually.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:15 AM)OSUfan Wrote: If they are truly open to all possibilities and having the best 5 on the field then they may have to consider looking at Price to RG and Hopkins at C and that is coming from a huge Buckeyes fan. Not saying Price is a slouch at C just saying Hopkins looked mighty good there and Price as well is an outstanding G.

Good point. I think that they will stick with Price at Center to start the season but if he’s still struggling that they will kick him to Guard by mid season.
Reply/Quote
I think the following are locks:
Glenn
Boling
Price
Williams
Jordan

I think the following also make the team:
Miller
Hart
Hopkins

I think the last 1-2 spots will come down to Westerman, Redmond, and Taylor. I’d like Westerman that makes it because I’ve always liked him and thought he has just been blocked by Boling, but the staff may see him on the outside looking in given Redmond has more starting experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:28 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Jordan at C? Not only NO but HELL NO! He was a horrible C for OSU and I hope he can regain the form he showed playing guard.

very overtop about an All American and Big Ten 2nd team player his Senior year being horrible.. he played and started in 41 games for Meyer.. if your so called horrible you are not starting 41 games for Meyer.. 
Reply/Quote
Quick write up from PTT of players they would like to see more of:

G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN, CINCINNATI BENGALS
After a great preseason where he earned an 80.6 overall grade at guard, some thought that Westerman had carved out a role for himself in the starting lineup. That didn’t happen, but Westerman did play 96 snaps throughout the regular season and only allowed two pressures. His 78.8 overall grade was significantly better than starters Clint Boling 61.9 and Alex Redmond 56.4, so perhaps new head coach Zac Taylor will see his value in the coming months

I’m not all about PTT, but I do think it is worth something. Hopefully he gets a fair shake with ZT to make the team. Lots of us were calling for him
the season because he looked better then any other Guard, Boling included, on the roster last year. I for one hope he makes it over Redmond...

J. Williams C. Boling. B. Price J. Miller. C. Glenn
C. Glenn M. Jordan. T. Hopkins R. Taylor B. Hart
C. Westerman

Cut: K. Perkins, A. Redmond, and B. Lundblade.

I think Williams starts at LT as a rookie, a player cut from another team takes Taylor’s spot, and I also wouldn’t be totally shocked if Jordan starts over Boling if he shows more. New coaching staff doesn’t owe a Boling anything and they drafted Jordan.
Reply/Quote
It might depend on the Run scheme. Westerman apparently doesn't pull well maybe. so the new scheme might suit him better.
Reply/Quote
Miller was in and out of Buffalo's starting lineup until last year when they employed a power scheme.

Do we know what scheme Taylor plans on using?

I think that will determine how some of these guys do.
Reply/Quote
New coaches will give all players a fair shake as they have no biases with previous years. Good to remember as well that I think Boiling is in the last year of his contract.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 12:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It might depend on the Run scheme.    Westerman apparently doesn't pull well maybe.    so the new scheme might suit him better.

I think the plan is to use split line blocking but not sure.  I think that is what LAR used.  Westerman is more RG. I am hoping and rooting for the guy who many considered round 2 talent.  Hope Turner improves his play.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I wish we had Pollack still instead of Turner. Not that I think Turner is bad, but I think Pollack was better.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 11:45 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Quick write up from PTT of players they would like to see more of:

G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN, CINCINNATI BENGALS
After a great preseason where he earned an 80.6 overall grade at guard, some thought that Westerman had carved out a role for himself in the starting lineup. That didn’t happen, but Westerman did play 96 snaps throughout the regular season and only allowed two pressures. His 78.8 overall grade was significantly better than starters Clint Boling 61.9 and Alex Redmond 56.4, so perhaps new head coach Zac Taylor will see his value in the coming months

I’m not all about PTT, but I do think it is worth something. Hopefully he gets a fair shake with ZT to make the team. Lots of us were calling for him
the season because he looked better then any other Guard, Boling included, on the roster last year. I for one hope he makes it over Redmond...

J. Williams        C. Boling.        B. Price      J. Miller.     C. Glenn
C. Glenn           M. Jordan.          T. Hopkins      R. Taylor        B. Hart
                      C. Westerman

Cut: K. Perkins, A. Redmond, and B. Lundblade.

I think Williams starts at LT as a rookie, a player cut from another team takes Taylor’s spot, and I also wouldn’t be totally shocked if Jordan starts over Boling if he shows more. New coaching staff doesn’t owe a Boling anything and they drafted Jordan.
 CZT is more important than PTT.

All Bengals old and new will get a fair chance a chance to get Bengals out of Last Place in NEW DEY.   Let them all earn playing time in practices under all new coaches.  CML is gone. CZT is here.  They all need to impress CZT and earn playing time.  All things done under Marvin are ancient history.  This is no longer Who Dey,  but NEW DEY. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think its great westerman gets a fair shake with a new head and oline coach.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 01:48 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think its great westerman gets a fair shake with a new head and oline coach.

Same goes for all players really, this is the way it should be. So now they have to go out and make the team. Plain, simple and clear.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I have never seen a guy get so much love who has never played more than half of a game.
Reply/Quote