Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2019 OL
(06-05-2019, 10:16 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Bobby Hart is locked at RT???

"New offensive line coach Jim Turner and others on staff have been adamant since extending Hart on a three-year deal that he’s better than advertised." -Chris Roling

"Bobby Hart is the right tackle as sure as Mike Brown is the owner, Zac Taylor is the head coach and Adriel Jeremiah Green is their best player." -Geoff Hobson

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/01/bengals-locked-bobby-hart-right-tackle/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=recirc-most-popular

No one wants to be reminded that Bobby Hart has that RT spot locked up.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 12:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No one wants to be reminded that Bobby Hart has that RT spot locked up.  Mellow

HaHa. I actually did go back and never saw the article specifically mentioned. However I should have known that the article wasn't something that was missed. I apologize for missing the obvious. 

I will say this, Bobby Hart is 24-years old. Garrett Bradbury is 24-year old (18th pick). Andre Dillard and Tytus Howard are both 23-years old (22nd and 23rd picks). Kaleb McGary is 24-years old (31st pick). Dalton Risner is 24-years old.... If you can develop those 1st round draft picks, you would think that B.Hart can develop as well. Plus he has NFL experience, none of the drafted players have anything close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 02:46 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: No sign of Corey Glenn today. What’s the reason?

Isn't Corey Glenn related to A.C. Green?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 01:04 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: HaHa. I actually did go back and never saw the article specifically mentioned. However I should have known that the article wasn't something that was missed. I apologize for missing the obvious. 

I will say this, Bobby Hart is 24-years old. Garrett Bradbury is 24-year old (18th pick). Andre Dillard and Tytus Howard are both 23-years old (22nd and 23rd picks). Kaleb McGary is 24-years old (31st pick). Dalton Risner is 24-years old.... If you can develop those 1st round draft picks, you would think that B.Hart can develop as well. Plus he has NFL experience, none of the drafted players have anything close.

Hey, maybe Hart winds up being a great fit for what Taylor wants to do. 

Worse comes to worst, at least Hart isn't Ogbuehi.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 05:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hey, maybe Hart winds up being a great fit for what Taylor wants to do. 

Worse comes to worst, at least Hart isn't Ogbuehi.

Yeah, those fans in Jacksonville must be jumping for joy, now that Cedric Ogbuehi is their tentative starting Right Tackle..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, those fans in Jacksonville must be jumping for joy, now that Cedric Ogbuehi is their tentative starting Right Tackle..

I saw that...and their coaches sound just as high on him as ours do about Hart. Unbelievable. 

Poor Foles is going to be looking up at the sky all season.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I saw that...and their coaches sound just as high on him as ours do about Hart. Unbelievable. 

Yeah, he had the luxury of some pretty good OLs in Philly.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I saw that...and their coaches sound just as high on him as ours do about Hart. Unbelievable. 

It's even funnier that the Jags took Jawaan Taylor in the 2nd round.  Og is beating out a guy that some had as the top T in the draft.  I'm really glad we went with Williams instead.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's even funnier that the Jags took Jawaan Taylor in the 2nd round.  Og is beating out a guy that some had as the top T in the draft.  I'm really glad we went with Williams instead.

I feel like they just didn't want to hand him the starting job...so they'll make him compete with Ced.

Once they put the pads on, Ced will struggle.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 01:04 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: HaHa. I actually did go back and never saw the article specifically mentioned. However I should have known that the article wasn't something that was missed. I apologize for missing the obvious. 

Makes me feel better thanks PAjw. Been gone on vacation in Oregon for a week so i naturally have to bump the O-line thread lol

With Hart's youth and experience as you say maybe Turner isn't just blowing smoke and actually thinks he has talent to work with.

Hart isn't a bad run blocker, actually he is much better in this aspect then Glenn from what we saw last season.
Reply/Quote
It's pretty obvious the Bengals knew they were going on blast for signing Hart. What that means to me is they know what scheme they are going to run, and think he is a good fit..... enough so that they can withstand the heat.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 12:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's pretty obvious the Bengals knew they were going on blast for signing Hart. What that means to me is they know what scheme they are going to run, and think he is a good fit..... enough so that they can withstand the heat.

The Giants saw nothing in him and we saw nothing from him in 2018. Hopefully ZT has better vision than us because we have signed him to a pretty good contract.
Reply/Quote
ZT and co are in the honeymoon phase where a lot of fans like every move they make. Just don't forget what management team he reports to.
Reply/Quote
With the signing of John Jerry, the first casualty was former 7th round draft pick OL Rod Taylor, who had torn his ACL in the first 15 minutes of training camp last season thus never played a down with the team.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 03:56 PM)pally Wrote: With the signing of  John Jerry, the first casualty was former 7th round draft pick OL Rod Taylor,  who had torn his ACL in the first 15 minutes of training camp last season thus never played a down with the team.

Well I hope Jerry can come into camp in shape and ready to play. Awful situation for Rod Taylor getting hurt so early in camp last year and never really getting a chance to show much of anything. I thought he was a guy that could have pushed for a chance to at least back up the RG position. Wish him the best. Hope he can get that knee healthy and get a shot somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 02:19 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Giants saw nothing in him and we saw nothing from him in 2018. Hopefully ZT has better vision than us because we have signed him to a pretty good contract.

It's not just Taylor, Pollack liked him and so does Turner
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 03:56 PM)pally Wrote: With the signing of  John Jerry, the first casualty was former 7th round draft pick OL Rod Taylor,  who had torn his ACL in the first 15 minutes of training camp last season thus never played a down with the team.

My guess is that Rod Taylor was an afterthought who wasn't making the roster anyway. Jerry wasn't signed to replace him, he was signed to potentially replace either Glenn or Boling. Whoever isn't starting at LG gets cut. 
Reply/Quote
I figured that this was as good of place as any to post the the news about Trey Hopkins possibly sneaking into the starting LG spot, as I really can't remember ANY of us having Trey Hopkins in any of our predicted starting OL configurations.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/3/20753189/trey-hopkins-bengals-christian-westerman-john-jerry?fbclid=IwAR0eta_fm1U_aqMDDhMZ6cAt1JKefi1TtKpLJnbDehqrnQYWtD1fUSDYpfo

Quote:According to ESPN reporter Tyler Dragon, Trey Hopkins was getting first-team reps during Saturday’s team scrimmage at Family Dey, a good sign he’s in position to win the job at left guard.

Quote:I think Trey Hopkins has emerged as the front runner to win the left guard job. Hopkins started 11-on-11 with the first-team offense. #Bengals

— Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon) August 3, 2019

Coming into camp, the belief was the Bengals would keep Hopkins as a backup for both guard spots and at center. He’s even versatile enough to play at offensive tackle, where the team has very little depth behind the incumbent Cordy Glenn and Bobby Hart.

But while Hopkins may be a valuable backup, he also has a case as one of the best five offensive linemen on the roster, so it’s only fair that he get a chance to start somewhere. And it’s not like he can’t still be a backup center or tackle. If someone else gets hurt, Hopkins can just take their spot and move Westerman or Jerry into the lineup.

In this case, it could be at left guard, and frankly, it makes too much sense. Westerman just doesn’t seem to have the trust of whatever offensive line coach he’s working with (he’s now on his third in three years), while Jerry has little to nothing left in the tank after turning 33 in June and being out of football in 2018.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hopkins has been pretty bad as a starter at Guard when he's there.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 03:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hopkins has been pretty bad as a starter at Guard when he's there.

He is the best horse in the glue factory
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote