Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2021 HC - Urban Meyer
The Brown family loves OSU talent. I predict Urban Meyer will get the nod if he is actually available.

With that said please put me on the "NO" list to Urban Meyer as our next Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
He's going to the Jaguars. You think he would want to come here ? lol
Reply/Quote
Yep, the OSU boards I frequent say Jacksonville is a done deal.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:02 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: The Brown family loves OSU talent.  I predict Urban Meyer will get the nod if he is actually available.

With that said please put me on the "NO" list to Urban Meyer as our next Head Coach.

Why would anyone take the Jags over anyone?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:03 AM)Trademark Wrote: He's going to the Jaguars. You think he would want to come here ? lol

Yep, He's already been offered the Jags job. And I'd bet he'll take it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:21 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: Why would anyone take the Jags over anyone?

Because they're not owned or run by the Brown family.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because they're not owned or run by the Brown family.

Honestly, I think the Khan's are even worse. They have no clue what they're doing... 39-105 in 9 years.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:41 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Honestly, I think the Khan's are even worse. They have no clue what they're doing... 39-105 in 9 years.  Mellow

True. But the fall back is, Florida and Trevor Lawrence.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:21 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: Why would anyone take the Jags over anyone?

Trevor Lawrence.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Trevor Lawrence.

No state income tax.

Good weather.

They aren’t the Bengals or Lions.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:41 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Honestly, I think the Khan's are even worse. They have no clue what they're doing... 39-105 in 9 years.  Mellow

Is it worse to fail while trying or fail while not trying?

The Khan's are trying, making changes in the front office trying to find football people to run it like Coughlin. It just hasn't been the right people yet.

The Brown's still think their method is the right one after 30 years of failure.

Reply/Quote

Trevor Lawrence, another 1st, 2 2nds, tons of cap space. Some good pieces on offense and defense.

Full control, gets to hire gm.

I've read pay is going to be around Belichek money... $12M/yr. Florida taxes.

Wife loves Florida. Already have a second house in Siesta key.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:47 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is it worse to fail while trying or fail while not trying?

The Khan's are trying, making changes in the front office trying to find football people to run it like Coughlin. It just hasn't been the right people yet.

The Brown's still think their method is the right one after 30 years of failure.

Good point  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
JAX made a run to the AFCCG a couple years ago with Blake Bortles at QB...

I’m not going to knock them.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JAX made a run to the AFCCG a couple years ago with Blake Bortles at QB...

exactly

and they shouldve won that game against new england in the AFC championship

it's just that the refs and the league werent going to let Bortles and Jacksonville into the superbowl
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JAX made a run to the AFCCG a couple years ago with Blake Bortles at QB...

Imagine how good they could be with the best quarterback prospect to come out of college in close to 20 years.   Cool

Reply/Quote
Would UM take Fields 1st in the Draft ? Just a thought that crossed my mind just now ?
Reply/Quote

Deep down they want to be stabbed to death by a craven meth head or blown to kingdom come by a deranged homeowner, forever immortalized by a headline of "Florida Man..." - or they don't want to pay taxes.  It's probably that.

Meyer would bench Burrow and call him a nancy pants.  He's an awesome guy like that.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:47 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is it worse to fail while trying or fail while not trying?

They are trying, they just aren't good at the whole football thing. Tony Khan is an absolute goober and knows less about football than Troy Blackburn, yet he's still heavily involved in the decision making. I'm sure Shahid would fire him if he wasn't his son. LOL
Reply/Quote

Outside of that one season, they've been a train wreck for the last decade. 
Reply/Quote