Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2022 O should be among best
(05-25-2022, 07:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, all I know is the guy has insane ability.  He hadn't done much in the KR department either, but he got a chance and looked pretty damn good doing it.  

I think he was a steal at 6th round
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 11:28 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think he was a steal at 6th round

Contributed on special teams, scored two receiving TDs, had only two incompletions on 17 targets, had three explosive runs (runs over 10 yards), had 4.18 yards after contact per rushing attempt, and forced 5 missed tackles.  All on 17 carries. 

I agree he was a steal and I think now that the Bengals know what they have in him, he could be a bigger part of the game plan. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 10:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/advanced-metrics-say-bengals-offense-expected-to-be-among-nfl-s-best/ar-AAXBe7C?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=fd1eedf59c644f108cfabeee4193e3cd

With our new and hopefully much improved Oline we should be.

Nice. I really don't know how good this Offense can be. We had Burrow in only his 2nd season and this was after nearly half
his first season being cut off with a terrible injury. We had Mixon who in my opinion wasn't used correctly, at least not as much
as I would like in the passing game. We had Boyd who was one of the best Slot WR's in the NFL. We had Tee who looks to get
buffer and faster every offseason so far. We added Chase who became the Offensive Rookie of the year.

Adding Alex Cappa, Ted Karras and La'el Collins might make this Offense nearly unstoppable with big holes in the running game
and time for Burrow. Hurst I also believe was a nice add for the passing game and with all the attention Chase and company will
be getting he could really benefit. Need to get better in the RZ and all these players we added should do the job.

These analytics completely confirm what I believe barring significant injuries. I also believe the Bills and Chargers will be really
good along with the Raiders who added Devante Adams. Gonna be a fun season to watch maybe the most entertaining season
in forever in the AFC specifically.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 12:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perine really isn't that great in short yardage either.

Last year, here were Perine's splits based on down and yards-to-go:
1-3 yards: 8 attempts for 9 yards. 4 first downs. So just 50%

3rd down: 11 attempts for 14 yards. 2 first downs.
4th down: 1 attempt for 0 yards.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeriSa00/splits/2021/

We could have had a mack truck in the backfield and we would have been pathetic in short yardage with that line.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice. I really don't know how good this Offense can be. We had Burrow in only his 2nd season and this was after nearly half
his first season being cut off with a terrible injury. We had Mixon who in my opinion wasn't used correctly, at least not as much
as I would like in the passing game. We had Boyd who was one of the best Slot WR's in the NFL. We had Tee who looks to get
buffer and faster every offseason so far. We added Chase who became the Offensive Rookie of the year.

Adding Alex Cappa, Ted Karras and La'el Collins might make this Offense nearly unstoppable with big holes in the running game
and time for Burrow. Hurst I also believe was a nice add for the passing game and with all the attention Chase and company will
be getting he could really benefit. Need to get better in the RZ and all these players we added should do the job.

These analytics completely confirm what I believe barring significant injuries. I also believe the Bills and Chargers will be really
good along with the Raiders who added Devante Adams. Gonna be a fun season to watch maybe the most entertaining season
in forever in the AFC specifically.

Ther were several games last season especially early where we just couldn't get it firing on all cylinders for this reason and that. And I know every year even the best teams throw out a clunker or two.

But hopefully we won't have as many clunkers this season as last.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 03:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We could have had a mack truck in the backfield and we would have been pathetic in short yardage with that line.

And maybe that's the logic the coaches are using.
Now, they've gotten (way) better run blockers on the OL now, so no excuses for the RBs (especially 240-lb Perine).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 03:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ther were several games last season especially early where we just couldn't get it firing on all cylinders for this reason and that. And I know every year even the best teams throw out a clunker or two.

But hopefully we won't have as many clunkers this season as last.

Sure will help with decent OL play. Just need to stay healthy up front and we could easily be a top 5 Offense.
Reply/Quote