Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals' 2022 Schedule and Record
(03-30-2022, 08:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We had the 6th toughest schedule last year

Just using raw record, yeah, but I don't think that a teams record tells the whole story about the quality of their team. The Bengals had one of, if not the easiest schedules last year out of the entire league. PFR is a good resource for this using their SoS metric but you can find other SoS variations that tell the same story. This discrepancy comes from raw record vs quality of opponent using point differential and point differential of their opponents. For instance, many Bengals fans (not necessarily you, I don't know your opinion) think that the Steelers suck and shouldn't have been in the playoffs last season. I agree, and they were promptly embarrassed. However, these same fans will point to the raw record of our opponents as an indicator of a tough schedule, with 18 of those wins coming from the Steelers. It is the same story with the Ravens and Browns, both mediocre to bad teams who squeaked out okay seasons but weren't truly quality teams. 

HOWEVER. The Bengals team that charged into the playoffs was not the same Bengals team that we had seen for the majority of the season. The defense played fantastic and the offense lit up the league. That level of performance, with an improved offensive line, will absolutely hold the Bengals up this season IMO. I think Cincinnati actually improves on their win total. I have them pegged for 11-6. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 08:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We had the 6th toughest schedule last year, 

Based on what?

We only played 7 games against teams with a winning record.  That was fewest in the entire league.  I don't see how we could have had the 6th toughest schedule.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize this is an overly simplistic take, but I've always wanted the Bengals to be good enough for me to say that anything short of winning the SB would be disappointing...so I'll say that.

That's not overly simplistic. That just makes you an elitist now. :)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 10:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not overly simplistic. That just makes you an elitist now. :)

I've always been an elitist, it's just somewhat justified now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote