Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals 2023 Season Opponents Home/Away
Recently posted by the the NFL

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-team-by-team-opponents-for-every-game

Quote:Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Recently posted by the the NFL

Is that right? Looks easier going in than this season did
Reply/Quote
They gonna make us play Chiefs and Bills every year aren’t they
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Is that right? Looks easier going in than this season did

Really? Except for Houston, it looks brutal.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Recently posted by the the NFL

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2023-2024-Season-Schedule-will-feature-Bills-Bengals?pid=1307459#pid1307459

[Image: tumblr_m017woa9261r47jk9.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Is that right? Looks easier going in than this season did

I’m looking at it and it kinda doesn’t

Watson and the Browns will only get better

Pittsburg almost finessed into the playoffs so they’ll be better

Ravens will be the Ravens which are a good team as long as they pay Lamar

Only easy games that i think will be easy come next season are Houston and Indy.

Honestly this schedule looks way harder. Basically replace games like the Saints and Falcons with 49ers and Vikings.

This schedule makes me think someone doesn’t like us lol

If this is the road next year i feel like we gotta win the SB this year because no way we make it outta that schedule alive
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2023-2024-Season-Schedule-will-feature-Bills-Bengals?pid=1307459#pid1307459

Your thread from 3 days ago that I'm sorry I didn't see because I didn't search past the first two pages didn't include the entire schedule.  Or the Home/Away schedule.  So I apologize if my thread hurt your feelings or something. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
A lot of changes between now and the start of next season but there are quite a few teams I expect to be bad on that schedule.
Texans, Rams, Cards and Colts are not going to be very good. I also expect the Seahawks and Titans to be mediocre at best so not too bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:05 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m looking at it and it kinda doesn’t

Watson and the Browns will only get better

Pittsburg almost finessed into the playoffs so they’ll be better

Ravens will be the Ravens which are a good team as long as they pay Lamar

Only easy games that i think will be easy come next season are Houston and Indy.

Honestly this schedule looks way harder. Basically replace games like the Saints and Falcons with 49ers and Vikings.

This schedule makes me think someone doesn’t like us lol

Think about it. If we were forced to do a coin flip and lost the flip. We would still have the same schedule, a worse draft position than Baltimore, and have to play at THEIR house for the wildcard game. Rant
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Your thread from 3 days ago that I'm sorry I didn't see because I didn't search past the first two pages didn't include the entire schedule.  Or the Home/Away schedule.  So I apologize if my thread hurt your feelings or something. 

[Image: 013ef41ada3bb2c7ecce7353c243d5d4.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:11 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: A lot of changes between now and the start of next season but there are quite a few teams I expect to be bad on that schedule.
Texans, Rams, Cards and Colts are not going to be very good. I also expect the Seahawks and Titans to be mediocre at best so not too bad.

I think Titans and Cards will be better

Ima go on record right now and say the Titans will have more success under Willis than they ever had with Ryan T.

I’ll also go on record and say this Cardinals season was a fluke. No way they suck this hard again. Murray is gonna come back strong!
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:16 PM)Housh Wrote: I think Titans and Cards will be better

Ima go on record right now and say the Titans will have more success under Willis than they ever had with Ryan T.

I’ll also go on record and say this Cardinals season was a fluke. No way they suck this hard again. Murray is gonna come back strong!

Well he’s going to miss a chunk of the season possibly and didn’t they fire their coach too? Also Willis looked ***** horrible this year I don’t think he’ll make that much progression by next year.
Reply/Quote
So i hunted down some strength of schedule stats and saw that pre season we were ranked as having the 5th hardest schedule and after that Ravens game we ranked as having the 3rd hardest schedule. The number 1 and 2 teams were Miami and Jets and Neither cracked 10 wins. We were absolutely ravaged by injuries too.

Fun note that the CHeifs were given the projected hardest schedule by the NFL pre 2022 but they ended up having only the 11th hardest schedule.

So yeah, ALOT will change by the time the 2023 season starts. A guy could have a grilling accident that takes a QB out and now a game that was going to be hard becomes easy.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

idk their methodology on how they determined SOS but I can only assume it isnt stupid. They HAVE to take into account records at the time of teh game and injuries.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:18 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well he’s going to miss a chunk of the season possibly and didn’t they fire their coach too? Also Willis looked ***** horrible this year I don’t think he’ll make that much progression by next year.

ngl i forgot he had the big injury. I thought he was the guy that had a more mild injury.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Texans, Colts, Cardinals, and Rams are all pretty bad teams.

Minnesota, Seattle, and Tennessee will be mediocre, and could all end up being good or bad.

The division teams will all be tough. None great. None terrible.

KC, SF, Buffalo, and Jacksonville should be good to great.

So….17-0
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I agree for the most part, so here is my way too early W-L prediction:

(01-09-2023, 08:46 PM):Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Texans, Colts, Cardinals, and Rams are all pretty bad teams.  4 wins here

Minnesota, Seattle, and Tennessee will be mediocre, and could all end up being good or bad. I think the Titans will suck, so I say 2.5 wins in these games

The division teams will all be tough. None great. None terrible. I’ll guess 4-2 in the division to be conservative.

KC, SF, Buffalo, and Jacksonville should be good to great. Let’s say these are 50-50 games, so 2 wins here.

So….17-0

I come up with +/- 12.5 wins, so I guess I predict a 12-4-1 record, lol.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Texans, Colts, Cardinals, and Rams are all pretty bad teams. (4-0)

Minnesota, Seattle, and Tennessee will be mediocre, and could all end up being good or bad. (3-0)

The division teams will all be tough. None great. None terrible. (5-1)

KC, SF, Buffalo, and Jacksonville should be good to great. (1-3)

So….17-0 (13-4)

I gave my non overreaction predictions for the record.

We will be a very good team next year because we keep everyone we REALLY need minus Jesse Bates, and we can still add guys. Burrow a year older with hopefully a SB ring will want to get another ring. We still have all 3 WRs. Boyd and Tee are both FAs in 2024. Trey, Reader and Hilton will be here. 

We'll still have our heavy hitters for at least another year. No way well be a worse team. I predict well be 1 game better. That KC, SF, BuF trio will get 2 wins against us but I predict its only because the wrong guy is injure during those games.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:53 PM)Housh Wrote: I gave my non overreaction predictions for the record.

We will be a very good team next year because we keep everyone we REALLY need minus Jesse Bates, and we can still add guys. Burrow a year older with hopefully a SB ring will want to get another ring. We still have all 3 WRs. Boyd and Tee are both FAs in 2024. Trey, Reader and Hilton will be here. 

We'll still have our heavy hitters for at least another year. No way well be a worse team. I predict well be 1 game better. That KC, SF, BuF trio will get 2 wins against us but I predict its only because the wrong guy is injure during those games.

Sounds reasonable. I could see that.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
So it's the AFC South and NFC West next season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2023-2024-Season-Schedule-will-feature-Bills-Bengals?pid=1307459#pid1307459

[Image: tumblr_m017woa9261r47jk9.gif]

(01-09-2023, 08:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Your thread from 3 days ago that I'm sorry I didn't see because I didn't search past the first two pages didn't include the entire schedule.  Or the Home/Away schedule.  So I apologize if my thread hurt your feelings or something. 

Guys guys guys.  This isn't about who said what first or who added or left out this or that.  It was a team effort.  BY was first to research and make an incomplete post, then CS did an exhaustive two page search and provided more info.  We're just like the Bengals, fellas:  one team working together and having each other's backs!

[Image: tenor.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote