Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals 2023 Season Opponents Home/Away
(01-09-2023, 08:11 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: A lot of changes between now and the start of next season but there are quite a few teams I expect to be bad on that schedule.  
Texans, Rams, Cards and Colts are not going to be very good.  I also expect the Seahawks and Titans to be mediocre at best so not too bad.

Yeah let's revisit this after the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:01 PM)Housh Wrote: They gonna make us play Chiefs and Bills every year aren’t they

I hope so. Bills and Chiefs are always expected to win their division. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Recently posted by the the NFL

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-team-by-team-opponents-for-every-game

It is basically the Chiefs schedule for this year subbing in the AFC North three for the AFC West three.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Recently posted by the the NFL

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-team-by-team-opponents-for-every-game

I look at this schedule and it certainly looks easier to me. 
Ravens will be about the same as they are this year.
Cleveland will be better if Watson can stay out of trouble.
Stealers will be better than they were this year unless Watt gets hurt again. They can't win when he's not on the field.
10 minutes of play says we match up well against Buffalo
Texans suck
Colts suck
Rams suck
Vikings will be a tough game
Seahawks I haven't watched at all this year so ???
Cardinals suck
Jaguars will be tough
Chiefs will be the Chiefs
9ers will be tough
Titans suck.

That said, we struggle against teams with formidable pass rushing. So that's Baltimore, Pissburgh..... who else?
Reply/Quote
It looks easier than this years schedule did, but that can always change with the draft and FA. But looking at it now, I see 13-14 wins.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:25 PM)Housh Wrote: So i hunted down some strength of schedule stats and saw that pre season we were ranked as having the 5th hardest schedule and after that Ravens game we ranked as having the 3rd hardest schedule. The number 1 and 2 teams were Miami and Jets and Neither cracked 10 wins. We were absolutely ravaged by injuries too.

Fun note that the CHeifs were given the projected hardest schedule by the NFL pre 2022 but they ended up having only the 11th hardest schedule.

So yeah, ALOT will change by the time the 2023 season starts. A guy could have a grilling accident that takes a QB out and now a game that was going to be hard becomes easy.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

idk their methodology on how they determined SOS but I can only assume it isnt stupid. They HAVE to take into account records at the time of teh game and injuries.

Looking at that website it seems the schedulers hate the the whole AFC North..
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: Really? Except for Houston, it looks brutal.

How? I mean I would say you have the top 20% (cin, kc, buff, dal, Phil, 49ers), the bottom 20% (az, chi, Hou, indi, atl, den). And everyone else is good but not great.

We play 3 in top 20 and 3 in bottom. 11 in the middle pack. I see 12-15 wins honestly. Possible L: cle, Pitt, bal, KC, buff, 49ers. I think we do better than 3-3 in division next year so I think we have at least 12 wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:01 PM)Housh Wrote: They gonna make us play Chiefs and Bills every year aren’t they

That's how scheduling works.  If you win the division you play division winners.  If you finish second you play the #2 teams form the other divisions down the line.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 05:33 PM)motoarch Wrote: That's how scheduling works.  If you win the division you play division winners.  If you finish second you play the #2 teams form the other divisions down the line.

I did not know this. I knew of course they pick a division youll play but I didnt know how they pick the other games
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I look at this schedule and it certainly looks easier to me. 
Ravens will be about the same as they are this year.
Cleveland will be better if Watson can stay out of trouble.
Stealers will be better than they were this year unless Watt gets hurt again. They can't win when he's not on the field.
10 minutes of play says we match up well against Buffalo
Texans suck
Colts suck
Rams suck
Vikings will be a tough game
Seahawks I haven't watched at all this year so ???
Cardinals suck
Jaguars will be tough
Chiefs will be the Chiefs
9ers will be tough
Titans suck.

That said, we struggle against teams with formidable pass rushing. So that's Baltimore, Pissburgh..... who else?

SF has one of the best defenses in the league. Nick Bosa led the NFL in sacks and will probably be DPOTY.
Reply/Quote
Good on the nfl for giving us the bills at home to make up last week’s game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 03:56 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Looking at that website it seems the schedulers hate the the whole AFC North..

That has nothing to do with it.   The whole schedule goes on a planned rotation that has been the same for ages.  Only the addition of a 17th game has changed recently.

Until something changes we know every team we'll play going forward forever except the games that are determined by the standings.

Quote:6 games against division opponents. Each year we will play each team in our division - Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers - both home and away.

4 games against a division within our conference - the AFC - on a rotating three-year cycle. 2 games home, 2 on the road.
4 games against a division in the other conference - the NFC - on a rotating four-year cycle. 2 games home, 2 on the road.
2 games against opponents in remaining two divisions in our conference. Opponents are based on the prior year's standings. 1 game home, 1 on the road.
1 game against an opponent in an NFC division that we aren't scheduled to play in the last year, current year or next year. Opponent is based on the prior year's standings. This alternates between home and away.
In March 2021 NFL clubs approved an enhanced season structure where each team plays 17 regular season games and 3 preseason games. This is the first change to the season structure since the 1978 campaign ushered in an era of 16 regular season and 4 preseason games.

https://www.bengals.com/schedule/futureopponents

Now once the actual schedule of games comes out we can complain that the schedulers hate us because we're shafted on opponent scheduling, home game scheduling, away game scheduling, prime time appearances, or whatever we want to pick this year. 

Whatever we think about the schedule, "They gotta play us!"
Reply/Quote