Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals 4-1 and still in FIRST PLACE
Great win yesterday. NO QUIT. I'm proud of Bengal Fans in THE JUNGLE for not turning into lousy Boo Birds. The Fans stayed in game and were LOUD in second half and helped team come from behind. I say a game ball to THE JUNGLE FANS. They are getting as wild and wacky as 1981 and 1988 Jungle Fans on way to Super Bowl. I love it. The crowd noise helped in 2 needed defensive turnovers for scores. GO JUNGLE. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Is this the year ? Why not us, why not now ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In watching the highlights, there was one play where Ryan Tannehill had a third and one and could have run for the first, but instead he threw one long to somebody who was covered and the pass got batted away. Around that time also, the Dolphins lost one of their good line players to concussion protocol and the one who replaced him was clueless. That's when the Bengal's defense started getting to the QB. Finally, those were two very, very lucky bounces on those INT's. That can't be scripted! Maybe the NFL is not fixed after all, or at least most of the games aren't.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is this the year ? Why not us, why not now ?

Could it be?????   Shocked
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:41 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: In watching the highlights, there was one play where Ryan Tannehill had a third and one and could have run for the first, but instead he threw one long to somebody who was covered and the pass got batted away. Around that time also, the Dolphins lost one of their good line players to concussion protocol and the one who replaced him was clueless. That's when the Bengal's defense started getting to the QB. Finally, those were two very, very lucky bounces on those INT's. That can't be scripted! Maybe the NFL is not fixed after all, or at least most of the games aren't.

Miami fans are blaming the 3&1 call.  If you are including Hubbard's that was a fumble.  I know we had two INTs so maybe that was a lucky bounce as well.  I didn't get to see it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:41 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: In watching the highlights, there was one play where Ryan Tannehill had a third and one and could have run for the first, but instead he threw one long to somebody who was covered and the pass got batted away. Around that time also, the Dolphins lost one of their good line players to concussion protocol and the one who replaced him was clueless. That's when the Bengal's defense started getting to the QB. Finally, those were two very, very lucky bounces on those INT's. That can't be scripted! Maybe the NFL is not fixed after all, or at least most of the games aren't.
If that game was in Miami, we don't have the crowd noise on defense.  THE JUNGLE FANS were HUGE as the 12th Man.  Miami came in 3-1 just like Bengals and were tough. Home Field and THE JUNGLE FANS being LOUD was huge. A game ball to THE FANS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Miami fans are blaming the 3&1 call.  If you are including Hubbard's that was a fumble.  I know we had two INTs so maybe that was a lucky bounce as well.  I didn't get to see it.

It's probably one of those splitting hairs calls ? His arm was starting to go forward and Carlos tomahawked him and the ball came out and flew right into Hubbards lap so....

If it was ruled a fumble so be it
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's probably one of those splitting hairs calls ? His arm was starting to go forward and Carlos tomahawked him and the ball came out and flew right into Hubbards lap so....

Oh I thought it actually hit the ground, and bounced to him.  Then maybe it was an INT and my apologies to wiregrass.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Miami fans are blaming the 3&1 call.  If you are including Hubbard's that was a fumble.  I know we had two INTs so maybe that was a lucky bounce as well.  I didn't get to see it.
You didn't see it.  I'll tell you what happened. THE JUNGLE FANS got LOUD in second half, especially all 4th quarter.  The LOUDER The Jungle Fans got, the more things went against Dolphins offense.  Dolphins made many illegal procedure penalties as THE JUNGLE was LOUD.  I'm sure you've seen games, and crowd is so loud they help defense.  That's what happened. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
2nd in the AFC (facing the #1 team for the tie breaker 2 weeks from now) and the 3rd best winning % in the league.
Reply/Quote

Both turnovers were batted balls that never touched the ground.  MJ's was throw by RT and batted back to MJ, who was standing behind RT...he just turned and ran 20 yards to the end zone.  Hubbard's was ruled a fumble because Carlos got RT's arm before it came forward, but even if they called it a pass, it never hit the ground.  

It was funny, after Carlos lunged with those long arms and knocked the arm of RT, dislodging the ball, he fell to the ground.  Hubbard snagged the loose ball in the air, and basically hurdled Carlos who was laying on the ground and took off for the TD.

It was like "Thanks, Carlos, see you in the end zone".
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: 2nd in the AFC (facing the #1 team for the tie breaker 2 weeks from now) and the 3rd best winning % in the league.

And some of the "experts" had us going 4-12 this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's probably one of those splitting hairs calls ? His arm was starting to go forward and Carlos tomahawked him and the ball came out and flew right into Hubbards lap so....

I think Carlos knocked his arm forward and the ball had already started moving.

I was going crazy yelling "Ballgame!" because I knew the refs couldn't screw us on either call because neither ball hit the ground....call it fumble or INT, who cares?  It was a TD.  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Carlos knocked his arm forward and the ball had already started moving.

I was going crazy yelling "Ballgame!" because I knew the refs couldn't screw us on either call because neither ball hit the ground....call it fumble or INT, who cares?  It was a TD.  

That was about when my voice started going hoarse.  The people all around us were going nuts, we were all high-fiving and screaming like little girls.  I knew the comeback was complete.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was going crazy yelling "Ballgame!" because I knew the refs couldn't screw us on either call because neither ball hit the ground....call it fumble or INT, who cares?  It was a TD.  

VERY IMPORTANT OBSERVATION.

Don't leave it up to the refs - they WILL screw you, given the opportunity!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh I thought it actually hit the ground, and bounced to him.  Then maybe it was an INT and my apologies to wiregrass.

Never hit the ground, great play by Dunlap and Hubbard.

(10-08-2018, 10:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: 2nd in the AFC (facing the #1 team for the tie breaker 2 weeks from now) and the 3rd best winning % in the league.

This is what i am talkin about. Bring on the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
I fully expect the Stealers to try to injure Dalton or Green or Mixon intentionally. It's the only way they get back in the hunt.....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I fully expect the Stealers to try to injure Dalton or Green or Mixon intentionally. It's the only way they get back in the hunt.....

I fully expect Watt to try and take out Dalton's knees! The Stealers have turned this kid into a complete POS!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I fully expect the Stealers to try to injure Dalton or Green or Mixon intentionally. It's the only way they get back in the hunt.....

No doubt, have to prepare for this dirty shit play. We all know it.

(10-08-2018, 01:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I fully expect Watt to try and take out Dalton's knees! The Stealers have turned this kid into a complete POS!

Sell your soul and wear piss yellow and black. If i got drafted by the Steelers i would do an Eli Manning and demand
to be traded or just plain retire. Dooshbags. Too bad they got the Falcons after we ripped their hearts out. Sucks for
those guys, feel a little bad for those Dirty Birds.

I want us to put the beat down on Pitt so damn bad. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I fully expect Watt to try and take out Dalton's knees! The Stealers have turned this kid into a complete POS!

Lazor needs to counter Watt like this...…

Reply/Quote