Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 4-1 in last 5 games
Last week I posted Bengals 3-1 in last 4 games. Many of the comments were that Bengals would take their loss to 49ers and that was just going to happen. Many said Bengals had no chance against 49ers. If me and a couple others said the Bengals might be real healthy after the bye week, many said it didn't matter and 49ers game was a Bengals loss.

So Bengals did beat 49ers. Bengals did sweep the NFC West. Bengals are now 4-1 in last 5 games.

Yes, Bengals lost first 2 games of the season. A very injured Joe Burrow came back early from his calf injury and tried to play, but he was too injured those first 2 games. With each week Burrow got more healthy. Bengals did win a key week 3 to avoid being 0-3. They beat a tough Rams team who most said Donaldson was going to kill Bengals. The next week Tennessee won in Tennessee, but as it turns out, that Tennessee Defense is looking good against most teams in 2023. For some on here the Bengals season was over and time to trade everybody and rebuild this team. Luckily The Bengals did NOT trade everybody, and The Bengals haven't lost since the at Tennessee game. Bengals beat Arizona, Seattle and San Francisco the last 3 games.

The TV announcers said it yesterday. The Bengals had to get healthy. Injuries Do Matter. Joe Burrow got some wins for this team when many quarterbacks wouldn't even have been playing. Against 49ers Burrow was back under center. He didn't have to be in the shotgun all game that limits running plays. Plus Burrow ran the ball a few times himself against 49ers. The TV announcers said people had gave up on The Bengals too early, and that when this team is heathy they can beat anybody. Now that was the CBS TV game announcers.

So, that's just the way it is, and the CBS game announcers said so all game. People gave up on The Bengals too early. In winning 4 of the last 5 games, the Bengals have also been getting healthy. Joe Burrow has been getting healthy. As the CBS game announcers said, watch out now, because when The Bengals are healthy they can beat anybody. As they proved going to the last 2 AFC Championship Games.

The Bengals did not need to trade everybody and rebuild. People gave up on this team too early. All the Bengals needed to do was get healthy, as per CBS TV Game Announcers.

Bengals are 4-1 in the last 5 games. They have won 3 in a row. People gave up on this team too early. They didn't need to trade and star over. They needed to get healthy. Again, CBS Announcers said Burrow able to go under center opens up more running plays and play action passes. With Burrow and Bengals more healthy they can beat anybody. All Bengals needed to do was get more healthy. People gave up on this team too early in season.

Now some will say I repeated myself in this, but there is a reason for that. Some of you need it said to you 5 or 6 times to maybe sink in, that people gave up on this team too early in season. All Bengals needed to do was get healthy. When Burrow and Bengals are healthy, they can beat anybody. Some need to hear the CBS Announcers words on that 5 or 6 times to sink in.

So there was no way Bengals could beat Rams and Donaldson and no way Bengals could beat 49ers. Well I guess fans were wrong about that.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A similar game next week against the Bills will really mean the Bengals are back in beast mode. Let's just hope they get to play a whole game this time!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 07:45 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: A similar game next week against the Bills will really mean the Bengals are back in beast mode. Let's just hope they get to play a whole game this time!!!

Winning in the NFL is hard. Even “if” they can’t pull it out, it doesn’t mean they are not back.

If bengals win like this next week, they might just be the favorites in the NFL to win the Super Bowl, regardless of record.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 08:28 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Winning in the NFL is hard.  Even “if” they can’t pull it out, it doesn’t mean they are not back.  

If bengals win like this next week, they might just be the favorites in the NFL to win the Super Bowl, regardless of record.

Yeah a commanding win over the Bills would really send us up the Power Rankings. They are a team with SB aspirations of their own and will be in the mix, so a win over these guys would be huge.
Reply/Quote
NGL I thought we were going to lose like...43-0 or something. This is going to be an interesting season for sure with many tough opponents, but there absolutely is something to the idea that we should take it one game at a time. Try to enjoy the game on its own terms and try to stay positive even after a loss.

That said, if the season ended today we'd still be on the outside looking in (9th place tie with the Jets I think). I believe next week is winnable (or losable) and I hope no one takes the Bills for granted. They have allowed fewer points than us and scored almost 100 more points. After we beat them last year in the playoffs this game became even more important to them, if that is possible.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 09:30 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: NGL I thought we were going to lose like...43-0 or something. This is going to be an interesting season for sure with many tough opponents, but there absolutely is something to the idea that we should take it one game at a time. Try to enjoy the game on its own terms and try to stay positive even after a loss.

That said, if the season ended today we'd still be on the outside looking in (9th place tie with the Jets I think). I believe next week is winnable (or losable) and I hope no one takes the Bills for granted. They have allowed fewer points than us and scored almost 100 more points. After we beat them last year in the playoffs this game became even more important to them, if that is possible.

Well SF had plenty of motivation losing 2 straight after looking unstoppable at 5-0.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
We started 1-3. We had a limited QB. KC has 1 less loss. SF also has 3 losses. Buffalo also has 3 losses. Winning is hard. KC had no TD’s vs the Broncos? But Andy Reid’s a genius and Zac’s a smuck
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 06:17 AM)kevin Wrote: Last week I posted Bengals 3-1 in last 4 games. Many of the comments were that Bengals would take their loss to 49ers and that was just going to happen. Many said Bengals had no chance against 49ers. If me and a couple others said the Bengals might be real healthy after the bye week, many said it didn't matter and 49ers game was a Bengals loss.

So Bengals did beat 49ers. Bengals did sweep the NFC West. Bengals are now 4-1 in last 5 games.

Yes, Bengals lost first 2 games of the season. A very injured Joe Burrow came back early from his calf injury and tried to play, but he was too injured those first 2 games. With each week Burrow got more healthy. Bengals did win a key week 3 to avoid being 0-3. They beat a tough Rams team who most said Donaldson was going to kill Bengals. The next week Tennessee won in Tennessee, but as it turns out, that Tennessee Defense is looking good against most teams in 2023. For some on here the Bengals season was over and time to trade everybody and rebuild this team. Luckily The Bengals did NOT trade everybody, and The Bengals haven't lost since the at Tennessee game. Bengals beat Arizona, Seattle and San Francisco the last 3 games.

The TV announcers said it yesterday. The Bengals had to get healthy. Injuries Do Matter. Joe Burrow got some wins for this team when many quarterbacks wouldn't even have been playing. Against 49ers Burrow was back under center. He didn't have to be in the shotgun all game that limits running plays. Plus Burrow ran the ball a few times himself against 49ers. The TV announcers said people had gave up on The Bengals too early, and that when this team is heathy they can beat anybody. Now that was the CBS TV game announcers.

So, that's just the way it is, and the CBS game announcers said so all game. People gave up on The Bengals too early. In winning 4 of the last 5 games, the Bengals have also been getting healthy. Joe Burrow has been getting healthy. As the CBS game announcers said, watch out now, because when The Bengals are healthy they can beat anybody. As they proved going to the last 2 AFC Championship Games.

The Bengals did not need to trade everybody and rebuild. People gave up on this team too early. All the Bengals needed to do was get healthy, as per CBS TV Game Announcers.

Bengals are 4-1 in the last 5 games. They have won 3 in a row. People gave up on this team too early. They didn't need to trade and star over. They needed to get healthy. Again, CBS Announcers said Burrow able to go under center opens up more running plays and play action passes. With Burrow and Bengals more healthy they can beat anybody. All Bengals needed to do was get more healthy. People gave up on this team too early in season.

Now some will say I repeated myself in this, but there is a reason for that. Some of you need it said to you 5 or 6 times to maybe sink in, that people gave up on this team too early in season. All Bengals needed to do was get healthy. When Burrow and Bengals are healthy, they can beat anybody. Some need to hear the CBS Announcers words on that 5 or 6 times to sink in.

So there was no way Bengals could beat Rams and Donaldson and no way Bengals could beat 49ers. Well I guess fans were wrong about that.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Donald... It's Aaron Donald.

1. Donald
2. Donald
3. Donald
4. Donald

Sorry. I couldn't help it.

Bengals 30
Bills 24
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Can't imagine there will be a let down vs the Bills *knock on wood*

It's Sunday night football with a team we destroyed in the playoffs - they will be out for payback. But Bengals are a better team and need to show up in front of the home crowd!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It looks like Joe is himself again with a better O-line than he has had in any other season in Cincinnati. We miss a good TE however hobbled Joe wasn't himself. The fumble by Irv was horrible. Only regression on defense is Scott. Henderickson is playing elite football and Reader is collapsing the pocket. LB play is better (experience). It is shaping up to be a fun ride!
Reply/Quote