Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Bengals Game Memory
(06-28-2017, 09:47 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'm deeply saddened that I don't remember that. Roby was one goofy sumbitch.

The video was classic.  I know I have a VHS tape of that game somewhere as I always taped games I was attending to watch again later (Nerd alert!)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2017, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The video was classic.  I know I have a VHS tape of that game somewhere as I always taped games I was attending to watch again later (Nerd alert!)

Heck, I still do that with the DVR. If I go to a game, and don't watch it on tv later I feel like I missed something. There's a lot of information you get during the broadcast that you miss when you attend.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals beating the Steelers in 2003 was a good choice. Kitna hitting Matt Schobel in the back of the end zone late in the game was the difference. The Bengals led the whole game only for the Steelers, who weren't very good that year, to score late and take the lead. What I thought would be another disappointing loss, turned out to be a great win. First time in a long time I saw the Bengals not quit.

Another good game was the Bengals beating the Steelers in 2009. Brian Leonard's 4th down conversion was awesome and two plays later, the Bengals comeback against the Steelers is complete.
Reply/Quote
2009 against the Ravens. CP9 hit Andre Caldwell for the game winner. That was sweeet!! We swept the division that year, only to lose to the Jets in back to back weeks.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
After the Burfict interception in the playoff game, I had tears in my eyes (in a manly way) because I knew we had just won our first playoff game in over 20 years. That was the happiest and most emotional I've ever been at any sporting event.

Was very short-lived.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 02:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: After the Burfict interception in the playoff game, I had tears in my eyes (in a manly way) because I knew we had just won our first playoff game in over 20 years.  That was the happiest and most emotional I've ever been at any sporting event.

Was very short-lived.

Ugh. I know...I picked up the rather large guy on my right and danced around with him as though he weighed nothing.  I knew my dad wouldn't want me to pick him up and I just felt the need to carry someone.  Who knows why.  He laughed pretty hard and we were going nuts.  Then, I was the bearer of the bad news.  I said "Why aren't we just taking a knee?"  My next words as I saw everyone dive to the pile were: "Hill just fumbled..."

Somehow, at that point, you just knew they were going to find a way to lose.  Most painful loss ever...the kind of subject I don't wish to start a thread.  
Reply/Quote
In 1991, Bo Jackson is injured playing the Bengals, ending his football career. A year later, 1992, Jeremy Hill is born.... coincidence???
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: In 1991, Bo Jackson is injured playing the Bengals, ending his football career. A year later, 1992, Jeremy Hill is born.... coincidence???

Well, how long did that crazy curse that the pitcher (I forget his name...it will come to me) put on the Reds last before the 1990 World Series win?

It was Pedro Borbone....but he later said he removed the curse.  Anyone have Bo's number?  

Actually, it would appear that Bo injured himself.  He was being tackled and kept his legs moving and literally fractured his own hip.  Sad end of a career for an amazing athlete.
Reply/Quote
Monday Night Football featuring Howard Cossell. Bengals vs Bills late 7O's
Dad scored tickets so I got to go on a school night. OJ Simpson rushed for 224 yards but yet my CINCINNATI BENGALS pounded the Bills for the the victory.
Reply/Quote
Mine might be the 2009 season as a whole. While ultimately the Bengals floundered in the playoff game against the Jets, that season had a lot of crazy memories.

Week 1 vs DEN - The Tipped Pass Heard Round the World
Week 2 @ GB - Packers don't get the snap off in time when they are down by a TD and on Bengals 10 yard line
Week 3 vs PIT - Cardiac Cats were born. Bengals come back to win as Palmer finds Caldwell in the end zone with 14 seconds left
Week 4 @ CLE - Bengals go to OT due to botched snap on XP, but end up winning anyway with a last-second FG in OT
Week 5 @ BAL - Bengals yet again with another game-winning drive in the final minute with a TD from Palmer to Caldwell
Week 7 vs CHI - Benson's demolition against his former team with 189 rush yards
Week 10 @ PIT - In a game mostly of FGs, it was Bernard Scott's KO return for a TD that was the deciding factor

Playoffs vs NYJ - Even though the Bengals lost, that long TD run by Benson in the 4th quarter to bring the game within a TD was awesome.

Overall, the Bengals ended up sweeping the division that year, which was crazy and unexpected. That was a fun season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 02:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: After the Burfict interception in the playoff game, I had tears in my eyes (in a manly way) because I knew we had just won our first playoff game in over 20 years.  That was the happiest and most emotional I've ever been at any sporting event.

Was very short-lived.

Dude that was the Greatest moment ever....   the next two minutes sucked horribly though
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude that was the Greatest moment ever....   the next two minutes sucked horribly though

Life of a Bengals fan
Reply/Quote