Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals' 53 roster
Bengals.com has an article on our 53 man roster.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:01 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Bengals.com has an article on our 53 man roster.

I've had all the Hobspin I can handle for awhile.  I'm on a Hobspin break.  Don't need him to tell me one more time how good Tate is,(except when you really need him, but he won't mention that.)

Seems like the changing the status quo, with the exception of adding  a speed rusher, not so much.

Tate will have to retire eventually, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: I've had all the Hobspin I can handle for awhile.  I'm on a Hobspin break.  Don't need him to tell me one more time how good Tate is,(except when you really need him, but he won't mention that.)

Seems like the changing the status quo, with the exception of adding  a speed rusher, not so much.

They have no  cajones. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: I've had all the Hobspin I can handle for awhile.  I'm on a Hobspin break.  Don't need him to tell me one more time how good Tate is,(except when you really need him, but he won't mention that.)

Hey!! C'mon now!!!  Adding one speed rusher is going to make a big change in the status quo.  We are going to the Super Bowl man!!!   ThumbsUp

Just kidding.  Although I am glad we kept Carter.  I guess we'll see what this year brings.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote:   Don't need him to tell me one more time how good Tate is,(except when you really need him, but he won't mention that.)

So you didn't watch the Denver game last year?
Reply/Quote
Any chance the Bengals pick up someone from another team? Sure would like to see them get some help @ TE. Maybe Joe Fauria from Detroit ? Any other names out there. Hopefully Tyler has a big year but other than him we are extremely thin. IMHO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a pretty formidable 53 man roster. If they stay healthy they'll be in the playoffs again.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They have no  cajones. 

Sometimes I think they are more afraid of going backwards than they are intent on taking the next step.  Marvin seems to have an overwhelming fear of the unknown.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They have no  cajones. 

(09-06-2015, 11:18 AM)McC Wrote: Sometimes I think they are more afraid of going backwards than they are intent on taking the next step.  Marvin seems to have an overwhelming fear of the unknown.

I have no idea what any of this means.  The Bengals keep the players that give them the best chance of winning games.  It has nothing to do with "fear" or "cajones".

What exactly are you basing this claim on?  What players have the Bengals missed out on over the last few years because of "fear of the unknown"?

This just sound like more whining from some of the usual suspects. Royal Redlegs cries about Marvin taking a chance on Hunt in the draft, and then turns around and claims he is afraid to take any chances.

Just more whining for the sake of whining.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no idea what any of this means.  The Bengals keep the players that give them the best chance of winning games.  It has nothing to do with "fear" or "cajones".

What exactly are you basing this claim on?  What players have the Bengals missed out on over the last few years because of "fear of the unknown"?

This just sound like more whining from some of the usual suspects.  Royal Redlegs cries about Marvin taking a chance on Hunt in the draft, and then turns around and claims he is afraid to take any chances.

Just more whining for the sake of whining.

You only see what you want to see.  Your blindness is not my problem.  

Reply/Quote
I would of rather kept Wilder or Watson over Peerman this time around but Ced is a very good ST's Captain.

I just thought Wilder or Watson would be more valuable as a big backup back to Hill.

Happy they kept Carter, great changeup in the rotation from our prototypical tall Ends and he can play Linebacker as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would of rather kept Wilder or Watson over Peerman this time around but Ced is a very good ST's Captain.

I just thought Wilder or Watson would be more valuable as a big backup back to Hill.

Happy they kept Carter, great changeup in the rotation from our prototypical tall Ends and he can play Linebacker as well.

He should've made it clear and clear with the pre-season he had, but honestly, with Flowers and Dimanche on IR he was the only one left. Put this with Marvin not giving him the confirmation he gave with others, he may have not made it had the others stayed healthy.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:41 PM)Stormborn Wrote: He should've made it clear and clear with the pre-season he had, but honestly, with Flowers and Dimanche on IR he was the only one left. Put this with Marvin not giving him the confirmation he gave with others, he may have not made it had the others stayed healthy.

As much as i like Flowers i think it might of been the wrong move to keep him over Carter.

Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. That is where we needed to improve the most this season.

Might of been a blessing in disguise, sad to say. I get the reasons why you doubt Marv.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As much as i like Flowers i think it might of been the wrong move to keep him over Carter.

Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. That is where we needed to improve the most this season.

Might of been a blessing in disguise, sad to say. I get the reasons why you doubt Marv.

Maybe we would've kept 7, not held on to Clew, we won't know for sure.
Reply/Quote
No 53 man roster listed let alone a link. Topic thread starter fail.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As much as i like Flowers i think it might of been the wrong move to keep him over Carter.

Nate, I agree that upgrading the pass rush was, and still is paramount.  However, I would just like to note that our rushing defense has looked mighty suspect the entire preseason. 

My point?  A pass rush can only be effective if the defense is able to deny the run, and put a team into obvious passing situations.  I'm really worried about the run stuffing ability.  It will be somewhat of a relief, should Vontaze Burfict come back to full form.  PJ Dawson should make some exciting plays off of football IQ, but I expect him to make just as many whiffs due to lack of foot speed.  I really hope that Hawk has another gear to turn on, heading into the regular season. 

I'd still like to see the Bengals make a move on either a stout LB, like Jameel McClain, or a fat bodied, run stuffing NT, like maybe a Louis Nix.   

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 03:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nate, I agree that upgrading the pass rush was, and still is paramount.  However, I would just like to note that our rushing defense has looked mighty suspect the entire preseason. 

My point?  A pass rush can only be effective if the defense is able to deny the run, and put a team into obvious passing situations.  I'm really worried about the run stuffing ability.  It will be somewhat of a relief, should Vontaze Burfict come back to full form.  PJ Dawson should make some exciting plays off of football IQ, but I expect him to make just as many whiffs due to lack of foot speed.  I really hope that Hawk has another gear to turn on, heading into the regular season. 

I'd still like to see the Bengals make a move on either a stout LB, like Jameel McClain, or a fat bodied, run stuffing NT, like maybe a Louis Nix.   

I getcha Sunset. The Tampa game was the one that really scared me. Martin just gashed our ones.

Hopefully they don't forget that. I think we have the players to stop the run, it is just if they are playing
disciplined. I wouldn't mind if we picked up McClain but i heard Louis Nix's knees are shot and he won't
be playing at all this year, i could be thinking of someone else though.

Maualuga showed he could stop the run pretty good last year. It is Vinny Rey that concerns me if he
starts. Lamur and Rey should not start for the very reasons you mention, they are not run stoppers.

Hawk and Maualuga can be though and Dawson could as well. I don't expect Dawson to be an All-pro
right off the bat either but he could be down the road. I am surprised we got rid of Nico Johnson, he
was playing pretty good for us this Preseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 03:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nate, I agree that upgrading the pass rush was, and still is paramount.  However, I would just like to note that our rushing defense has looked mighty suspect the entire preseason. 

Peko worries me he might be Robert Geathers this season. In the Bears game he was blown up badly on a 3rd & 2 he made the tackle but it was a yard past the 1st down marker. One thing is a positive though they played Geathers because they had no depth at DE last year with MJ gone and Hunt hurt, but barring injuries they are deep at
1-tech with Peko Sims Thompson and Hardison.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 03:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Peko worries me he might be Robert Geathers this season. In the Bears game he was blown up badly on a 3rd & 2 he made the tackle but it was a yard past the 1st down marker.  One thing is a positive though they played Geathers because they had no depth at DE last year with MJ gone and Hunt hurt, but barring injuries they are deep at
1-tech with Peko Sims Thompson and Hardison.

I didn't even mention Peko as everyone knows what i think of the guy. But that is my biggest worry as well.

He seemed to really fall off last year in the one category he was good at in the past, that being stopping the run.

Age could be a problem, any big dude can just take up space. Sounds like the only reason we are keeping him
around is he is a great guy and a great locker room dude and teammate. I want a big mean NT myself. That is
why i was hoping for Malcolm Brown in the first this last Draft.

Oh well, i hope Sims, Thompson or Hardison can pick up the slack.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would of rather kept Wilder or Watson over Peerman this time around but Ced is a very good ST's Captain.

How many carries did Peerman have last year as the 4th RB?  That's how many Wilder or Watson would have this year.

Peerman on ST's is far more valuable than a RB that gets no carries.

They have a practice squad for a reason.
Reply/Quote