Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals' 53 roster
Are folks still arguing that it was a mistake to keep Peerman and Hunt over the likes of Williams, Watson, and Wilder?

Peerman is an ace special teamer, our only blazing fast RB, and great locker room presence. Hunt is almost there, will he get there? Who knows but I guarantee he has a better chance that Williams. These goes went through waivers unclaimed and will earn a decent living on our PS this year, but they are not as valuable to our roster as Hunt or especially Peerman.

If we need a big back to spell Hill we have Rex.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are folks still arguing that it was a mistake to keep Peerman and Hunt over the likes of Williams, Watson, and Wilder?

Peerman is an ace special teamer, our only blazing fast RB, and great locker room presence. Hunt is almost there, will he get there? Who knows but I guarantee he has a better chance that Williams. These goes went through waivers unclaimed and will earn a decent living on our PS this year, but they are not as valuable to our roster as Hunt or especially Peerman.

I would think that Gio is a blazing fast RB and Hill is deceivingly fast...

I just like Wilder and Watson, happy they are on the PS. As i said i believe they both have more upside
cause they are younger and have not shown all they have yet. It probably was the best decision to put
the W's on the PS cause Peerman could not be put there though, i agree with that thought.

I agree on the Hunt/Williams thought as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are folks still arguing that it was a mistake to keep Peerman and Hunt over the likes of Williams, Watson, and Wilder?

1. Almost is extremely, extremely generous. He looks as lost as he has since 2013. Williams at least is a football player in pads compared to a trackstar pads.

2. You misspelled Gio after you said spell.

Why did I log on today...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would think that Gio is a blazing fast RB and Hill is deceivingly fast...

I just like Wilder and Watson, happy they are on the PS. As i said i believe they both have more upside
cause they are younger and have not shown all they have yet. It probably was the best decision to put
the W's on the PS cause Peerman could not be put there though, i agree with that thought.

I agree on the Hunt/Williams thought as well.

Gio is quick, not really a burner. With Peerman I hope we use him more. A couple years ago we did a fake punt or 2 using Peerman; they were very successful. Believe me, I am a big Wilder fan, but he is where he belongs.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:17 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 1. Almost is extremely, extremely generous. He looks as lost as he has since 2013. Williams at least is a football player in pads compared to a trickstar pads.

2. You misspelled Gio after you said spell.

Why did I log on today...

1. Nothing wrong with giving him one more year to find out. The UDFA will be fine on the PS

2. I wouldn't consider Gio a big back. He's 5'9" 209; Rex is 5'10" 220

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't consider Gio a big back. He's 5'9" 209; Rex is 5'10" 220

Not what I said, Rex can't spell Hill because he's way closer to Gio and his style, they're both shifty with slot ability. Rex might even be the better overall runner when taking into account of Gio's recent horrid display of vision, but he's not close to what Hill is in size and style of running.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gio is quick, not really a burner. With Peerman I hope we use him more. A couple years ago we did a fake punt or 2 using Peerman; they were very successful. Believe me, I am a big Wilder fan, but he is where he belongs.

Definately agree on using Peerman more on a fake punt or two and you could be right about all of this.
(09-06-2015, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Nothing wrong with giving him one more year to find out. The UDFA will be fine on the PS

2. I wouldn't consider Gio a big back. He's 5'9" 209; Rex is 5'10" 220

I think he meant that Rex is not a big back either, he would be spelling Gio not Hill.

The W's are big backs like Hill, 235+ backs = big backs.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:47 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Not what I said, Rex can't spell Hill because he's way closer to Gio and his style, they're both shifty with receiving ability. Rex might even be the better overall runner when taking into account of Gio's recent horrid display of vision, but he's not close to what Hill is in size and style of running.

Yep.
Reply/Quote